It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Scammers in Malaysia Caught!

Is it possible?
edgie56
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers in Malaysia Caught!

Postby edgie56 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:42 am

I have just been scammed this week, I'm from the Philippines This is the same modus operandi used on me!

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:41 pm

welcome edgie56 :)

yeah most of Nigerian live in Malaysia after Asian as their prey. can u post ur scammer?
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

edgie56
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby edgie56 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:53 am

Removed quote of above post, if you click the "reply" button rather than the "quote" button it will help us to keep the site tidy. Thanks, Ralph

YES, will post that bastard!

edgie56
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby edgie56 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:26 am

you can send your report on a scammer in Malaysia to: rmp@rmp.gov.my
hi marisa, thanks for the info...do you have other email add becuase i sent an email here...and it bounced back. thanks for the help. :)

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:48 am

Now post him, please! This might do other victims more good than a police file (but don´hesitate to do that also).
Just saying because more than two days have passed since :)

EDIT Oh, excuse me. I have just seen you´ve done so just minutes ago! :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:57 pm

edgie56, look under Reporting and Law Enforcement agencies section. There are few links to Malaysian police websites. Maybe they have new email address. However, I was told that you gotta be a Malaysian resident in order to report to them directly. The residents of other countries should report to their local authorities, and the local authorities are supposed to contact Malaysian police if the scam originated from Malaysia.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

edgie56
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby edgie56 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:53 am

Hi Marisa,

Thank for the info, yes -also reported the scam here at our National Bureau of Investigation, and I'm waiting for their reply. Hope they respond quickly.

singvictim
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby singvictim » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:15 am

Hi,

I'm a victim from Singapore who's just been scammed.

Upon checking the IP addresses of the email the scammer sent me, I found some traces to KL.

Maybe, I should go to JB to report to the police there about the IP address original locations?

What say you?

Ralph Warner
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ralph Warner » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:02 am

Hi Singvictim

Welcome to the site.

You could report the scammer if you wish, it certainly cant do any harm but please dont expect too much action on the part of the police, many people get scammed and there simply are not enough resources to fight it and there are also many problems with the police having jurisdiction.

In this case, it is more than likely a Nigerian on some kind of student visa in Malaysia and there is a slight possibility that they may do something about, just dont get your hopes up

The information contained in this link may help you http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 43#p162543" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Thou shall read thy FAQ" CLICK HERE for salvation
Has your scammer sent you to any websites, it may have been fake.

fallnomore
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby fallnomore » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:15 am

i think this may be the footage btw (watch second part)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJOuvEcarNs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Iamnewhere
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Iamnewhere » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:48 am

I am one of the scammed victim and there is nothing the police in Singapore can do in their investigation.

I was scammed from 2007to 2009 and this cost me lots of $ that I have to recoup over the years.

Due to all these, I am determine to trap some of these stupid scammers who are often silly enough to have forgotten their identities (probably due to telling too many lies to many people)and do checks on them and post on several social websites for others to be warn.

Are there any more victims from Singapore who fell to the the traps of these scammers and we can share their identities here?

singvictim
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby singvictim » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:34 am

Hi Iamnewhere, I'm also from Singapore. Maybe you can pm me privately to tell me your contact details. You see, our govt makes use of ISD to check on opposition profiles but yet, when comes to things like this, they don't know what to say!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:59 am

Normally you shouldn´t react to contact requests like this ("Can you give me your private contact details?") when anybody approaches you like this. No offense meant, of course. Just a general remark: If singvictim were a scammer (hypothetically speaking, we know they aren´t), this is the exact way how a recovery scam and also password phishing would be done :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “Prosecution of African Scammers”