It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Strike one for the good guys.

Is it possible?
wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Was pointed to this on DnM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx?v ... 37bcc811d2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All it took was a TV channel to get involved for the EFCC to pull their thumbs out and arrest someone. Do I sense a pattern? :evil:

(edit) Ok, so this seems to be an old article. Still worth watching tho.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Strike one for the good guys.

Postby Pinky » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:21 pm

That's just a different report on the same woman over a year ago. I think so far she's the only one. And as of that date she's only recovered $10K of her $40. Still it's a great report. I wish the US was as up on the warnings as the Aussies appear to be. Maybe this latest batch of reporters sniffing around will do something as worthwhile.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Re: Strike one for the good guys.

Postby Marisa » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:23 pm

cough....

we have this video in important info section, in the topic where to report scams:
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =18&t=5538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cough...

;) :P

We had a Japanese victim in the male section who kept refering to this case, saying: see, they DO get arrested! But I always say: the ONLY cases when romance scammers got arrested were when media and major TV channels got involved: Dateline and Oprah (US), Tonight (UK), this Australian channel. If you are an ordinary victim with no "connections" - forget about arrest of your scammer. Even the police officer in the video admitted it was an "unusual" case.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Return to “Prosecution of African Scammers”