It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:50 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Mitch May - mitchmay78@gmail.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
hugofourie3668
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Mitch May - hornedreaper702@gmail.com

Postby hugofourie3668 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Guys
This piece of trash just facetimed me using my fiace's face. Now there are technology out there that enables a person to do so,
if this happens to you:
1) ASK THE PERSON TO TALK TO YOU - THEY CANNOT AS THE PICS AND VIDEO WAS STOLEN
2) THEY CAN ONLY FACETIME ON FACEBOOK OR HANGOUT
He will ask you for money immediately, stating he is in New Jersey and he has a 6 year old daughter, ALL LIES!!
My fiancé is not in NJ, nor is our daughter six years old.
This impostor is very very sly and very very informed.
DO NOT SEND MONEY!
DO NOT COMMUNICATE!
DELETE AND BLOCK HIM!!

Re: Mitch May - hornedreaper702@gmail.com

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Lexilibylouie
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Mitch May - mitchmay78@gmail.com

Postby Lexilibylouie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:41 am

Scammed me out of £750, used name of Jeffrey Brown May, said he was divorced, with a 4yr old girl called janet, who they shared custody of. He ex cheated on him and took drugs. His parents had died, but were international business people, they gas a mansion in Germany and a big house in dornoch near Inverness. Said he lost his wallet on patrol, was due to finish deployment in Afghanistan on 24th dec, but gym instructor told him to ask for casual leave as he "loved me" that much he couldnt concentrate, he was given deployment cheque but couldn't cash ur for another week and didnt want to go back out on patrol, so asked for money for flight to be sent via Amazon gift cards, then 20mins from airport he was in a car crash where the taxi driver was killed and he ended in a coma. A dr Wiliam palmer then started emailing (as I was supposedly down on his phone as his wife) me demanding 300 euros to proceed with surgery, yet he wouldnt contact a military hospital, when asked for photo of him he sent a pic of a man in hospital with no tattoos yet jeffrey had sent me pics with tattoos

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:05 am

Im so sorry about it :( and welcome to RS :) Can you please post more detail about him such as his email id, phone number, where did you send the money, his pics, etc. And never send him money again.
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Feldsperson1
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Feldsperson1 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:11 pm

I have just experienced this spammer (Or multiple spammers)
I live in Germany and signed up to POF. He was the first person I approached. We then spoke non stop for 2 days. But he asked me to download Kik as he was useing a military device and not alloud to use WhatsApp, FB etc.
He started calling me Babe straight away. Here is the info he gave me:
- Sergant in the Marines, currently based in Afghanistan. Is a Bomb Expert.
- Lives in Hamburg Germany, Returns home at the end of Feb 2020 and asked me to wait for him
- Said his name is Jeffery, That he is mexican (!) I said jeffery is an unusual mexican name and he doesnt look mexican - He said his mexican name is Antonio but he doesnt like that name (This was the first red flag)
- Said both his parents dies in a car accident. Sent me a pic of "him" with the parents
-Has a 4 year old daughter, also sent pictures of her. His ex cheated on him with his best friend and they co parent which he doesnt like.
- 35 years old. But his POF age was 31 and his username was OMOGERMANY1990. POF profile also stated no children. He said his collegue in the marines set up the profile and got some info wrong.
- Said he was born in Mexico, spent time in the USA and UK but wanted a new adventure and decided to live in Germany, Speaks no German.

After 1 day i became suspicius. So put his image into google image search and this site was the first thing that popped up. I found the real Mitch May on FB and conclueded this was complete BS.
Confronted him simply saying busted. He said "oh no not again, this is why my ex girlfriend broke up with me last year. Someone has stolen my identity".
I immediately blocked him.
He had not yet asked for money or anything. He was still in the grooming phase. but luckily i Caught it early enough.
Ladies out there…. Always do a google image search first before entering any kind of online relationship. You can check phone numbers and everything. It really isnt that difficult to spot utter BS if you are careful.

I feel for the actual Mitch May and his family, as this seems to be a huge scam with his face all over it. How aweful for them.

NNRCountryGirl
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby NNRCountryGirl » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:53 pm

There is in my opinion a lot of people using the pictures of Mitch May for dubious reasons.
I implore everyone who has had a run-in with a person pretending to be Mitch May to contact me or react to this post. If we can corroborate on information shared we can take this person(s) down. I lost over $52000 due to this scam as I thought (being a kind and good person), I am genuinely helping someone in need. But I now firmly believe I have been scammed like no person ever.
Share with me any information.
Here are mine:
1) He said his daughter needed surgery, a little girl named Emma
2) His sister was taking care of her whilst he was deployed (he has no sister)
3) He needed money for food and gas as he was waiting for his retirement from the Marines to be finalized
4) He used the name Raymond Demarco
5) He at one stage was stating he was living in Boston, but deployed in Syria
6) He also at one stage needed money to travel to Michigan to fetch his daughter as his "ex-wife" took her without his permission
If any of these above agrees with what you experienced i have enough information to have this person arrested.
OMG!! I had the same issue except they used the name Johnny Puil. They told me that they changed their name legally so that their "ex-wife" couldn't find them. The real Mitch May does have a daughter named Emma. They have asked for Steam cards saying that they needed them to update the apps on their Iphone. When I ask for a video call I was told that it had to be scheduled. When I call them out on the lies that they are telling they tell me that they don't lie to me. Their English awkward in some instances.

Agirlhasnoname
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Agirlhasnoname » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:38 am

Hes still at it. Now hes using the name Wilson Donald or Wilson Donald May his birthday is March 5 1981. He lives in Ohio hes stationed in Germany. Hes single, an only child his parents died. He has no one hes all alone.

Agirlhasnoname
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Agirlhasnoname » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:01 am

Hes using 740 306 2604 on What's app. And Wilson Donald on Instagram. He said his ex is causing him all this drama and hes a man of God. Hes asking for a phone and steam cards.

MsSassy
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby MsSassy » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:04 pm

Using name Marcus Jesse
Facebook page created under that name
352-354-2638
Hispanic, father back in Mexico. Sister has his 3 y/o in Paisley FL. Ex is drug addict
Sgt in Military at Camp Atterbury, Indiana
Only has work phone so can’t talk or video chat

WarriorStrong
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby WarriorStrong » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:34 am

He now goes by Wayne May. He is on the FTH app. He used different parts of everyone’s story. He is deployed however he deployed rather quickly. He asked for money via bitcoin and a stream card. I did not send him anything as my gutt told me not too.

This guy is good. Almost fooled me except for the money and wanting a stream card. If he is high ranking why does he need this? Watch out ladies. This one speaks better English then most of
Them.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:13 pm

welcome to RS WarriorStrong
and thanks for the update :)
can you share scammer's email addres, pics, and messages with us too?

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Marcus Jesse, phone number 352-354-2638

Postby Myra » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:21 pm

welcome to RS MsSassy and thanks forthe heads-up, very much appreciated

here scammer's FB

Marcus Jesse
Studied at Daytona State College
Went to Umatilla High School
Lives in Paisley, Florida
From Paisley, Florida

Image ---> see the tatoo on his arm :D ?

phone number 352-354-2638
Newberry, FL 32669
Terra Nova Telecom

kellyannette43
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby kellyannette43 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:31 am

I met this guy on POF hes going by the name Collins Andrew . He says he is over seas but lives in Austin. All of our stories are similar he asked me for my banking info and wanted the military to deposit money in my account. He also said he would pay my over draft and got mad when i denied him to pay my over draft fee. He has friended me on instagram and he also video cahtted with me so he can prove hes the real guy in the pic. Its sad that he still doing this.
Kind Regards
Last edited by IceFM on Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Private Emailaddress removed!

Kitty26
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Kitty26 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:49 pm

He’s now Jesse Marcus

SuzukiBabe
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby SuzukiBabe » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:05 pm

Good Day All,

He is currently making use of the name FRANK MAY!!!

He IG messaged me on Instagram as mayfrank2021 – claiming to be Frank (38) and residing in Los Angeles, California.

He claims to be a staff Sargant based in the marines and currently deployed in Iraq. He divorced his wife because se cheated on him. Been single for 2 year now.

He stayed with his father in Uganda until he was 15 year old and the moved back to his mom in the states.

His dad passed away at the age of 25 and his mom passed away when he was 30 year old.

He inherited a yacht and the family business and a home for his dad but unfortunately needs to be married before he can claim it due to the will.

He has a 12 year old daughter and her name is Angelina (currently staying with his nanny while deployed) which he send me a picture of (not the same girl as in his original photo’s), he says she want to talk to me so he gave me her email address which is Bridisangelina89@gmail.com. I asked what I must talk to her about and her request I must ask her about her health – she is not well and not strong!

He has not requested any money or things from me but I believe it is heading in that direction. His way of speaking is very weird , and he is constantly lying as his day and night stories does not add up. He cant do face time of WhatsApp video calls as the enemy is tracking their ware bouts and signals???

I will attached all the resent pictures he is using, as mine did not pop up in your previous posts that was posted by your page. He started chatting with me from Saturday, 30 January 2021. I have now blocked him on my phone and WhatsApp. He has my number so I am not sure should I change my phone number. I will include is cell number as shown on my location and ID app Truecaller. The location the number is registered is Bridgeprot, CT, United States and the number is +1 475-988-0576.

I hope there is no other women out there that fall for his crap he is seriously very good at his smooth talking. Hope my information will help someone else.

I am from South Africa.

bwillia26
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby bwillia26 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:46 pm

I fell so hard for this guy online, we began talking at the beginning of Nov. 2020. He told me his name is Wayne May and that he is deployed to West Africa. He told me he was never married but his ex-girlfriend, Trisha, was taking care of their four-year-old daughter, Cindy. He said they lived in NC and he was in artillery at the Marine base in Beaufort, SC (which is near me). Over time, indirectly, he asked me for money for his horrible deployment: not enough food, he was up for promotion to Lance Corporal and needed books and equipment, he needed a cell phone...whatever, I ignored all the red flags until they just became so obvious I couldn't anymore. I wanted to believe the illusion. I even said yes to having him have other people Zelle money into my checking account and then I sent it to a third party. Well, my bank shut down my account. I still have my savings account and my retirement plans with that institution, but my checking now has to be done at a different bank. He also asked he to open four checking accounts at four different banks and take pictures of the debit cards and checks (front and back). I even almost did that!! I can't explain the pull I had towards him. All in all, I sent him $4,000. I only did a Reverse Image Search and saw this thread when he asked flat out for an additional $6,000. I'm an attractive, highly educated woman and I don't have trouble dating. It's so bizarre to me that this even happened. It was a total mind f***.

I explained all this away because we video called on Hangouts two times. The guy on the video was the guy in those pictures and on this site identified as, Mitch May. He never spoke in the video call however, and I later learned they were pre-recorded and stolen.

I also took an in-depth look at our chat history and noticed I was pouring my heart out and his romantic responses all seemed so scripted. I Googled some of his responses and they were all plagiarized "love quotes" from the Internet. What wasn't scripted seemed almost like he'd never graduated from 3rd grade. He would reply, "ikr", "Babyyyyy", "I missssss you", "I love you", "wyd", "wym", "nvm". All of this would inc. a million GIFs and also emojis. Those were his standard responses to just about everything and anything. Writing this out, it seems so ridiculous and I feel like a f****** idiot, but it happened. Thank God I can move on now.

Return to “Military scams”