It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:30 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Edmond Sturgart, edmondsturgart@gmail.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
jjcktrickey
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Edmond Sturgart, edmondsturgart@gmail.com

Postby jjcktrickey » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:48 am

Thank you for replying. I will post the details. Appreciate the advice feel very bad for the man whose actual identity is being destroyed and defamed. Thats all.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

jjcktrickey
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby jjcktrickey » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:19 pm

jjcktrickey

Welcome to our site. Those are Nigerian or Ghanaian scammers pose as our miiltary men.
Do not look for real man on the photos. Save yourself a heartache and move on.
If you have their email address and phone number kindly post to warn others.
Please BLOCK the scammers and IGNORE.
Email is coxrob075@gmail.com and name is Robert Maxwell and there is no cell number. The home address and phone number both based in Lansing MI area are fake. Phone is disconnected and address is a woman named someone completely different in public real estate transfer records. He is very savvy. Is very good at the "story" and not diverting at all. Although no requests for money or gift cards were ever asked for. I found this real gentleman's profile on a non profit organization's web site so I know his name differs completely. Supposedly his cell phone was stolen years ago and these photos have been circulating ever since. It is a shame it has been going on for years now. That is really unfortunate for him.

ErisMcHobbins82
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ErisMcHobbins82 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:45 pm

Did a random Google Image search since that's pretty much standard protocol nowadays and found out that the person I recently matched with on Hinge happens to be this person.

He's listing himself as Michael Raymond.

Reported on Hinge as "fake account" and figured I'd bump this thread since this person seems to be at it again.

jjcktrickey
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby jjcktrickey » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:06 pm

This guy will not stop messaging me as Robert Cox on hangouts. He eventually did ask for iTunes cards after 7 or 8 weeks straight of sending me correspondences. He is unbelievable and relentless. I blocked the profile on Hangouts but somehow the alert won't stop popping up. I work on cyber security for my job so I knew the first week he was likely a catfish then used Tin Eye to search his photos and found this site. Thank you but unbelievable this poor guy is still having his identity used for these purposes.

ErisMcHobbins82
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ErisMcHobbins82 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:56 pm

Update: He's using What's App and the number is 1-321-695-8233. He asked for my What's App number through Hinge and I gave it to him before getting that weird feeling and actually performing the Reverse Image Search. Sure enough he just tried contacting me.

Babyboo1
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: 321-695-8233

Postby Babyboo1 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:36 pm

This man has sent me pictures claiming he is Jimmy Smith on Instagram and gave me and 804 area code number for what's app and is trying to get me to setup cashapp for him I would really like to know who he is.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: 321-695-8233

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:48 pm

"He" is an anonymous gang of West-Africans. Please just block and ignore "them". Can you post the full WA number of this fakey? :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

jjcktrickey
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby jjcktrickey » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:13 pm

Up until as early as yesterday he is still messaging me Hangouts as Cox Maxwell. His Instagram profile has now been taken down since I reported it but his Gmail is still active. I also saw a second Gmail for Hangouts posted on this site with the same IG profile pic. I blocked him but somehow the messages still arrive.

Babyboo1
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

804-518-4124

Postby Babyboo1 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:04 am

The number being used on what's app by this man is 804-518-4124 and also gave me another number to use to setup a cashapp as well

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:35 am

Thanks for the updates :)
I blocked him but somehow the messages still arrive.
No idea why this is possible, I haven´t used Hangouts myself in ages :thinking:
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

jkberry81
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Tyler Zacharria, tylerzach01@gmail.​com

Postby jkberry81 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:55 pm

This man also messaged me on POF as Tyler Zacharria, immediately asking to chat on kik. He gave me his military login info (zacharriatyler@yahoo.​com) & a password so I could "verify" that the info he gave me was true. Ive attached a screenshot and I'm sure I'll be hacked for it. I did some research and was unable to find the name in any military search. When I asked him for his military email, he gave me tylerzach01@gmail.​com. When I called him out and said thats not a military email, he gave me tylerzach01@us.​army.​mil and then told me that he's not supposed to because its confidential. I have friends in all branches of military and I know this is not true depending on what they do. I also sent the "profile" screen shot to my Navy friend and he told me those profiles never have that much info and he immediately said, "Delete, delete, delete. Him and all your browsing history/cache & cookies now". I saw a photo going through this forum that is the exact photo used in the "profile" I went through and also deleted all banking/credit card apps. He did not ask me for any money yet, but I want to keep myself safe.. Be careful ladies, whoever the man is in these photos is very attractive and I feel bad that his image is being used in such a callous way. Ive posted his pof and kik profiles. Stay safe!

kellyhallas
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Elliott Tathlock - POF

Postby kellyhallas » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:41 pm

Hi I found him on Plenty of Fish as Elliott Tathlock from Montana. In the marines with a 4 year old. He messaged me on the 1st of July. Deleted him last night when I came across this site.

jjcktrickey
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Cox Maxwell - hangouts

Postby jjcktrickey » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:48 pm

Wow. Cannot believe this continues with the same guy's pics. He/They are still messaging me on Hangouts as Cox Maxwell but I blocked him.

Esthi
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Esthi » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:00 pm

Hello i know him with the name grant anderson....he asked for gift cards....he sended me alot of pics...i thought its a fake...im so sorry for him and his family...ladies stay safe esthi from switzerland

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:10 pm

talgator
Elliot Tathlock
Male of them are scammers already in our threads
1976/08/03
Living in United States

Following 20 :mrgreen:
most of them are scammers already docimented in our threads

like Uwe, Amber Hahn, Danielle FTV, just to mention a few ;)

Return to “Military scams”