It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Michael Scott, ms8620264@gmail.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Amy498
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Michael Scott, ms8620264@gmail.com

Postby Amy498 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:50 pm

I've been talking to this guy for 3 days now. I know hes trying to get money from me as he keeps trying to say he needs data and then saying he wants me to send £50 in iTunes vouchers.

Hes never once mentioned his name and he told me he had a house in Chicago. The next thing once he found out I'm in the UK he said he has a house here too.

When a few more things didn't seem to add up with his story I searched his name and his pictures popped up on this site.

Hes talking to me using whatsapp with the number +234 708 510 7802 I met him on the app 'Hi'.

I asked him about how many names and ages he went by and he told me I had to be careful because people were using his pictures, which obviously I dont believe. Hes the real person from the pictures I'm speaking to as I got him to take a photo of himself with today's date on which he did but I still believe hes trying to scam people of money.

... Mod. comment: +234 708 510 7802 - Mobile phone Airtel Nigeria

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Brandy23
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Brandy23 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:59 am

He started talking to me a bit less than 2 weeks ago. Found me through Tinder. We are supposedly still in touch.

He goes by Brandon Philips W. and he claims he is in the military in Alabama while originally from Oregon. Age 32. He has 2 dogs.

Came out of a long relationship but no kids and no dead wife. In all honesty, I would've caught up earlier had he claimed that he had a dead wife. He caught his girlfriend cheating on him with his neighbor.

Many things raised small red flags but because the general conversation was "how's your day" or "what did you eat" I kind of ignored it. I googled his name a few times but came out empty.
It was inonsistencies like "I am looking first for friendship cause I was hurt", then "I am looking for a serious relationship that leads to marriage" then in 5 days time claiming he loves me. Then he said "I believe that one day we will meet. Do you believe it?" And I was like, something's very wrong.
He never asked me for money, if anything he said he wanted me to be his sugar baby that he showers with money and gifts. That's when I was like, Ok time to look up his picture since his name was not coming up with anything. Thank you Catfish for teaching me that. LOL. And this led me here. Thank you.

I also just checked and he has apparently deleted his Tinder profile now. I cant find messages there or anything. We were talking originally through Tinder and then through Hangouts. Unfortunately I cannot seem to be able to see what email he's using, it'll only show me his name. Fake name that is. These are the pictures he sent me.

I am so glad that through the hardships of my life I have learned to pay attention to the flags and trust my instinct.
Sucks though cause let's face it, the guy in the pics is cute. Hahahaha! Oh, well. Another one bites the dust. :lol:

PersonalPI
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby PersonalPI » Sun May 03, 2020 5:39 am

He’s back!
He is now posing as military police in Seattle WA. His name is Steve Henderson and he is 37 years old.

I have all the same other images as the rest of you. But he got me good during this Covid crap. Called is phone, 561-461-8869 and he answered with a German accent. I was like “oh No” he hung up and said he dad was in the military in Germany and so he grew up there. His new scam is that he’s looking to settle down and get married. He lived in Florida and his girlfriend cheated on him and is on drugs now and broke his heart.

So I asked him for his rank and who is commanding officer was and he couldn’t give me anything. This guy is on HINGE still and scamming and won’t stop because no one is stopping him, the fact he has been doing this for a year or longer is crazy!

cntychops
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby cntychops » Mon May 18, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi all,
This guy is currently on POF UK as

mikej1341I
Dundee, Scotland
37 year old male,
https://www.pof.com/viewprofile?profileId=273554205

Quick google image search brought me to this site.

KiraLeon
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Adam Sergio Robertson - (203) 941-3549

Postby KiraLeon » Wed May 20, 2020 8:02 pm

Hello,

Here is an update. Today is May 20, 2020, I was talking to this ass since April 22nd. He's a bastard, knows how to play with your head. He goes by Adam Sergio Robertson. His mom is from Spain, dad from Texas. He speaks spanish. Both passed away, his aunt raised him. Then she died and now he has an ex wife in Connecticut with his 9 year old daughter. He's been in the army for 20 years. But my first red flag, is his tags say he is an E1 pay class. (That's a private, and each year you move up) so if he's been in the army for 20 years he can't be a private. Then he says he is in Special Forces, Umm wrong. To be in Special Forces you have to be a class of E4 - E7. And his uniform says Military Police, you can't be MP and Special Forces at the same time....All he wanted from me were Steam Cards. He said he needed them in order to talk to me through WhatsApp. After 1 week of talking to him, he said he loved me? Seriously? Who does that? He couldn't even tell me the meaning of his tattoos! That was hilarious! He said it was his aunt told him as story before he went to bed as a child!! It was the story of Medusa...WTF??? Didn't match his tattoos. So much more I can say about this guy. I received almost all pictures everyone else sent me. He didn't talk to me through email, but used this phone number (203) 941-3549.

Cljenkins1
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Cljenkins1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:14 pm

***UPDATE On Walkowski scam... today is June 22, 2020 and apparently this scammer is still running the SAME GAME! You’d think he would be smart enough to at least change his game a little!... last week I received an Instagram request from Michael Walkowski... said he was from NORTH CAROLINA, been in Army “his entire life,” and currently on an “overseas peace keeping mission.” Growing up an Army-brat, I found tons of flaws in his info but the biggest red flag was the way he constructed his sentences... Ladies, listen to your instincts. When you feel something is off, 98% of the time, IT’S OFF!!!... ended up having to block him from IG. Then yesterday, I saw him again on Tinder, this time using the name “Steve”. Be warned... still up to his old tricks. I really feel bad for the REAL Walkowski fella. Is he aware this is going on?

HAMASA85
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby HAMASA85 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:47 pm

New Name!!
He is now Roderick Walkowski. 38years, one boy 9 y. Old. For a child he can write like an adult, did not say anything child like.
So, "Roderick" is on istagram, talkes to me, wanted to move to hangouts. I was like fine. And BOOM he loves me so so much. So I new that this is a scam. Wife died in "motor accident", fathee is dead, he was american, Mom Is spanish, old and blind. He has a dog. He wants to marry me as soon as possible. Im like okey ofcourse. Lets get married. Like wtf? And why he has to use pictures of a super cute guy???? I only got like three picture, because he is Syria now and he cant use phone there etc. Oh, he called me on hangouts once. Very bad image. Sounded like a spanish guy. Sorry for my english. Not my native language. I have been talking to him for 4 days now. And just like an hour ago, I told him that I knpw what he is doing and he should stop making fun of people. He is currently on his way to capital city of Syria with his troups. So lets see if he answers to me

SMae
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby SMae » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:45 pm

Bernard "Bernie" Walk/Walkins
Phone 530-739-1175
Emails through the WhatsApp - Barelymichaelll@gmail.com and walkinsbernard@gmail.com
Found Insta through email - bull.bullon (Bernard Walkins)
Currently in Cameroon on deadly/rescue mission won't be back until December. Born in Spain, lived there until 10 when his parents died. Ex was terrible to him and wants a honest woman to build a life with, ready to end military career and get married and start a family. DOB 7/16/84.

The pictures he sent me were not on this site except for one. This is the duplicate, he said he snuck his phone out of camp just to take a pic for me.

This he sent as he was getting ready to leave for his deployment.

Showing off his tattoos to get pics of mine.

His profile picture from Tinder.

More

The last one he sent me.

Sarah001
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Adam James Robertson - +1 (858) 519-9416

Postby Sarah001 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:23 am

Now posing as Adam James Robertson 37 today yeah right. On uk tinder same stuff has he’s told you all and same photos this is his number +1 (858) 519-9416 been talking to me for nearly a week. FaceTimed him today it is him but couldn’t hear him. Tried saying that this scam is false and his Facebook got hacked. Asked for a game off card for his birthday. Sick person to be honest.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:01 pm

FaceTimed him today it is him
Hi, it´s just fake webcam - technically it´s easy enough to do these days:
Quote from techsarjan.com/2017/11/use-fake-cam-video-chat-android-easy-guide.html
Hello Android users, Today we talk about Fake Cam chat which is possible on Android also. In Short, we can say we play video instead of our movement during a video chat on Android no matter where our chat is going on like Messanger, Skype, Whatsapp or any other. This way work for all Video chat services because here system change front camera source to a predefined video. So the next user thinks this is actually happing there but no, that is pre-recorded video which he saw on that time on his Android mobile screen.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sarah001
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sarah001 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:45 pm

Good to know thanks is there anyway of stopping these people?

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:21 pm

There are reported arrests of West African scammers but they are rare and the problem seems to spread allover all sites and social apps :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

Vmillion23
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Vmillion23 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:43 am

I "met" this guy on Tinder a few days ago. The information he gave me was his name is Elliott, 36 years old and he's originally from Poland. He's living in Carlisle, PA and is in the military. His parents are both dead, but he has an aunt in NC. His distance matched up when I looked at how many miles he was from my town, but then he moved closer by 100 miles a couple days later. He was good at first, not too aggressive. I almost fell for it, but he's using words like "mate" and doesn't use basic American grammar. He asks way too many personal questions about my salary and job. He contacted me using this phone number +1 828-484-6775.

Kwiat
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Kwiat » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:41 pm

I also got in contact with this guy via Tinder
He is a US military currently in Afghanistan
His name is Christian Andrei William.
American with Romanian parents. Single dad etc...
I got more less same photos plus one cute with the dog ;)
We are talking for a while, slowly he is starting to make a move by asking me to contact a lawyer to start the process of resigning from the military. ( I’m waiting to see where this is going, getting my popcorn now)
My instinct told me something was off but it took me a while to figured that out. After some research I found this website and some other articles about such a scammers!!!
I reported to FBI but not sure if this will stop the guy. I will hold him fore some time and make some games ( two can play the same as I already told him that I own nothing ect..., maybe I should ask him for money lol any suggestions how to make his life miserable

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi there, if "he" knows your real life first name, your real profile (of course), don´t bother to tell "him" you´re wisenow. "He" will just recontact you in a different disguise (over and over...) ;)

Return to “Military scams”