It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Scammers with pictures of Maj. Chris Haggard

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Ellied100
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Steven Haggard mailto:shaggard23@yahoo.com

Postby Ellied100 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:00 am

He is now using the above id and e-mail address and his story has changed a bit. He is now 46 serving in the US peacekeeping forces in Iraq and from Manhattan. Wife and daughter were killed in a car accident 10 years ago and also has an 18 year old son. He didn't get as far as asking me for any money (he would have been out of luck anyway) but just wanted to warn others of his new identity!!

Re: Steven Haggard mailto:shaggard23@yahoo.com

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

The Enchantress
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Jake Brown (jake_brown004@yahoo.com)

Postby The Enchantress » Wed May 04, 2011 9:43 am

Hi and welcome to Romance Scam Ellied

Thank You for posting this information - Steven Haggard -shaggard23@yahoo.com

It will alert and save others being scammed. Well Done :applause:

If you have any questions, concerns or further details please post.
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.

Click here > Advice - useful links

janedoe57
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby janedoe57 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:27 am

Found Jake/Joey/Bill Haggard on FB as Haggard Wilson. The post was back in Sept, 2010, but I've gone ahead and 'reported' this fake to Facebook.

.Haggard Wilson
I have lost my wife four years now and I am in the Us Army I have been single for long time oh my God can you help me to get some sweet woman here??....I will treat her like a Queen I promise I am now in Afghanistan and working my son is with my niece he always cry telling me that he want a mother God help me please...Dear reader will you be that woman am looking for ?

BrightStar
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby BrightStar » Tue May 10, 2011 5:40 am

On Badoo: Randy
50 year old guy
Miami, FL, United States

Pic lookink like
Myra le Sam Avr 16, 2011 3:32 pm
but with white shirt

About me
My name is Randy danquah. I was born on the 2nd of August, 1960 at Baptist Hospital of Alexandria. I am an E-6 Staff Sergeant that type of person who always try to make people laugh. :roll: I always make sure to share the little that I have with someone and also satisfied with whatever I have. we will talk Much if you are interest so we can know and see where we will get to, well am waiting for that right woman... Thanks and wish you write to me if you are interest... Thanks and waiting...
Interested in
i am single. male looking for a good relationship. Someone who will appreciate me and the things I do for them. I need to find a woman that is honest, caring, loving, and who respects their partner. I believe in being trustworthy, honest, having good communication and fun in a relationship. I'm not one of those Men who like overprotective women I enjoy being with someone but not someone who has insecurities in a relationship. Overall I would just like to meet a nice person who I can have fun with and a have it grow into a nice relationship..... well Thanks and waiting for that right woman so we can talk and see where we will get to... well am not here for Games or joke... for $$$ maybe ? Thanks and wish you write to me if you interested....

Appearance: 4'8'' (142cm), :mrgreen:
Living: Dormitory :shock:

waiting a reply

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

John Smith; johnsmith2437@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sun May 15, 2011 2:11 pm

johnsmith2437@yahoo.com
John Smith
Age 50
from TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Employers militry :D
i need a serious relationship if u are interested get back to me i dont have much to say we can chat on yahoo IM so we can talk better my yahoo IM is johnsmith2437@yahoo.com hope to hear from you soon.
My Name is Sgt johnsmith 45 years old, I work in the combert Medical , the Texas Army National Guard’s 181st Brigade Support Battalion, 81st Brigade Combat Team, i feverishly to save the lives of the Iraqi nationals and survival of injured soldiers. but right now in Afghanistan for peace keeping mission am looking for good woman that i will be with for the rest of my life for real love i need a serious relationship if u are interested get back to me i dont have much to say we can chat on yahoo IM so we can talk better my yahoo IM is johnsmith2437@yahoo.com hope to hear from you soon.

BrightStar
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby BrightStar » Mon May 16, 2011 3:37 am

On Bado tonight : Chris
50 year old guy.
Texas City, TX, United States

For Family's album:

About me
I am what you call a Ladies man.. Before you get any this Contest it means That they like been around me. Which I think is because i make them feel comfortable. Just like anyone I like finer things of friends tell me I'm funny on occasion, intelligent , laid back, and confident. I like to have a good intellectual conversation. Other times I love to joke around. I think laughter is healthy. I love …
Interested in
would like to meet someone who has her life together, personally and professionally, and she treats people well. I seek someone who is Honest, Caring, Loving, Kind, intelligent. I have no problem with the distance and moreover, I am willing to relocate for the right person anywhere in the world. I am seeking my one and only woman to share our souls as soul mates. She will be my love, my world, and my greatest joy. If you think we might be a good match, then i would love to hear from you..

Work: Miltary. :evil: I have a reasonable income.

BrightStar
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby BrightStar » Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 am

ON BADOO, NEW PICS FOR THE FAMILY'S ALBUM

Image Image

SweetInnocence
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby SweetInnocence » Mon May 30, 2011 5:21 pm

He contacted me using Mike Haggard...from Matchdoctor..

Thanks to Scamdigger and this site, I caught it quickly...

Thanks

janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

jim.landman@yahoo.com & jim_landman5515@hotmail.com

Postby janex69 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Jim Landman

Hoverspot
UserId=3343757
Jim
Male, 52 Years Old
From Rosebud, TX
My Name is Jim. i am a united states soldier presently deployed serving in Afghanistan,would love to find someone out there that is passionate and loving and wants to settle down if a few yrs get married and share our lives together love one another deeply and share my life with her. my outdoors are fishing camping out under the stars with someone that is romantic and loving and affectionate loves to kiss and cuddle in public and loves to find time for each other and to make plans together for the future is pretty much what im looking for at the moment

hello beautiful, Just looking at your PAGE makes me so excited.. i'd love to chat with you and see where it leads, i truly yearn to find a woman i can love and trust with all of my heart.I am a soldier currently on deployment in Afghanistan.. here is my email and chat ID jim.landman@yahoo.com my Hotmail is jim_landman5515@hotmail.com.. i will be waiting to read back from you soon
fond thoughts... Jim
No, Mugu! I don't want to be your friend!!!

janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Jim Landman - jim.landman@yahoo.com

Postby janex69 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:09 pm

To jim.landman@yahoo.com
Reader Confirmed 5-Jun-11 at 17:28:19pm (UTC +00:00) - 1day55mins12secs after sending
Location Lagos, Nigeria (43% likelihood) :twisted:
No, Mugu! I don't want to be your friend!!!

firefly

Bookmark and Share

Postby firefly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:11 am

Another "twin" on Badoo http:/ /badoo.com/01119659139/,
Captain Wills Haggard, 50 years, 170cm (5'7''), 41kg (90lbs), average body, brown hair and brown eyes from Acton, Canada
http:/ /64.209.21.112/548/0/2/7/1119659139/375107/t1286736553/375111_300.jpg
I'M VERY OPEN MINDED PERSON; SOMEONE WHO ACCEPT PEOPLE AS THEY ARE; I'M FAIR INDIVIDUAL WHO ADAPTS TO CHANGES IN LIFE AND ENJOY LIFE TO THE FULLEST . I PRIDE MYSELF IN BEING HONEST AND MOST TRUSTWORTHY; I SEEK THAT IN A MATE; SOMEONE WHO IS COMPASSIONATE YET UNDERSTANDING WHO HAS CALM DEMEANOUR AND GREAT PERSONALITY. I LOVE TO TRAVEL AND I WOULD LOVE TO MEET SOMEONE WHO SHARE TO SHARE AND SPEND THE REST OF MYLIFE WITH THROUGH GOOD AND BAD TIMES; I'M STRESS FREE AND FUN TO BE AROUND WITH; I LOVE TO LAUGH AND I'M ALSO A VERY COOKER WHO ENJOYS A VARIETY OF FOODS. I'M AN A VIDE READER AND GREAT CONVERSATIONIST. I ALSO LIKE TO HAVE SOCIAL FUNCTIONS AND ENTERTAIN FRIENDS AND I'M ALSO A VERY PRIVATE PERSON WHO ENJOYS THE COMFORTOF HOME RELAXING AND LISTENING TO GOOD MUSIC; I ALSO LOVE JAZZ; OPERA; GOSPEL; REGGAE; R&B; ROCK&ROLL. I WOULD LOVE TO ADD MORE TO MY PROFILE BUT FOR IT'S OKAY AND I'M SURE YOU WILL BE INTRIGUED TO KNOW THE REST SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE WRITE ME A REAL NOTE AND

fabfixit
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Jake Brown (jake_brown004@yahoo.com), Captain William

Postby fabfixit » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Ughhh... Captain Victor Haggard aka Captain William aka Thomas Tin aka Jake Brown ---

He's just started contacting me on match.com. After the first couple of posts, he starting telling me how much he can't wait to see me. He'll retire as an Army Captain (currently serving in Iraq) and wants to open a jewelry shop. He has a 15 year old son named Simon who is living with his aunt in Tampa, Florida. His pictures that others have posted are the same ones that are on match.com. Watch out -- this guy is a smooth talker. I'm so happy to have found this web site. Thank you for the other postings!

Ralph Warner
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ralph Warner » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:51 am

Hi Fabfixit,

I am glad you found the truth before being too badly hurt by this scammer.

Please take a look through our FAQ which will give you loads of good information on how to spot the scammers sooner as well as how to slow them down by posting their details.

If you have any questions please ask
"Thou shall read thy FAQ" CLICK HERE for salvation
Has your scammer sent you to any websites, it may have been fake.

MatchScam
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby MatchScam » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:27 am

2 days ago (9/6/11) I decided to finally join Match.com. Within minutes Sargeant Chris Haggard from Bedford TX IM'd me. He said he was 47 and stationed in Baghdad. He had me move over to yahoo and was using a stupid account name Drp Tpld <drp.tpld@yahoo.com>. He was saying all the right words, too perfect. Today, I decided to Google him and came across this website. THANK YOU. Surprising to see that this person(s) use the same story and and same pictures over and over again. At least he won't be bothering me anymore after what I had to say to him tonight!

GarnetEvolution
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby GarnetEvolution » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:54 am

He opened this new profile on Match today. soullover563
Others within the last couple of weeks:
yeseyese44299
jjkmoe22
bellies78
shinta5000
firstsmile98
tifilin23
holyman78
eluku8412
emax4637