It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:25 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY NAME
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY EMAIL

Raymond Reeves, raycray11@hotmail.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
ourmum17
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ourmum17 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:18 pm

For the past 4 weeks I have been talking to a "So Called" American Soldier who I met on the Mate1.com site.
He told me he was a high ranking officer in the US Military and a doctor, serving in Iraq.
He sent me pictures of himself in uniform and also sent me lots of e-mails telling me after on a couple of weeks how much he loved me and wanted to come to the UK to live with me as he was due to retire this week.
Warning Bells sounded when he told me that he had been given $1.5 million dollars by an Iraqi high up political figure, but he needed me to receive the money via a diplomat.
I then started to question him in great detail, his command of written english was very poor, I played along with him and agreed to take receipt of the package, he said the diplomat had set off on his journey to the UK last tuesday, on Thursday morning the "So Called" diplomat called me, he as an African, he said he was about to board a plane in Accra, then came the SCAM!!!!! he said he needed $3,500 to get stamps to clear the package through customs and that I needed to send the mony via Western Union, at the same time the "So Called" soldier had popped up on MSN, I told him what the diplomat had said and he said I needed to send the money.....Of course did not and since then I have received no further messages from either the "So Caled" diplomat or the soldier.
I reported the soldier posing as "Humblesoul" on Mates1.com then yesterday I checked the site he had put 2 photos on there one is with him with little girl...he told me he only had a son.
My concern is that these people are using Military photos and these men could be dead and I want to know where do they get all these photos from? I have about 10 of this American soldier, both in and out of uniform. am now trying to trace this soldier to let him know what is happening as I am a war widow and would hate to think that someone was using my deceased husbands details in this way.
He uses the name Raymond Reeves and his e-mail is raycray11@hotmail.com

So please be very very careful when using these sites. The picture below is just one of many I received.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

ourmum17
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Raymond Reeves, raycray11@hotmail.com

Postby ourmum17 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:37 pm

Raycray11@hotmail.com....This is an update he is still on the Mates1.com site and was active on there this morning.
He goes under 2 names Raymond Reeves and Raymond Rudduck. I have downloaded another picture of him.

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Raymond Reeves, raycray11@hotmail.com

Postby Pinky » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Good job posting him up! Thank you!!

Now take care not to tell him you know so that he doesn't change any of this information.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

yumcakes
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Andrew Trid /Andrewz Trif Ghanian Scammer

Postby yumcakes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:29 pm

This guy contacted me on Dating Agency on 30th December 2009. I had just been on there a week and had only just decided to get back in the “dating game” after my last relationship broke up 2.5 years ago. He uses this email address: andrewztrif2001@windowslive.com

I was completely taken in. He said he was in Afghanistan, serving in the US Army as an orthopedic surgeon. He said he was German, a widower and had two children Jan and Anna, wife died in car crash 5 years previous. He said he was 55, retiring to UK ( Fulham, London ) where he had a house. Children were being schooled in the USA.
He said he was sending a package via a diplomatic courier. I was intrigued.....got sucked right in.

I had zero knowledge of romance scams.....ZERO.

To cut a long story short, after many emails, IM conversations and phone calls, I got scammed out of a lot of money £1000s. I had asked for ID and he sent me a US army ID card. I also got a UN diplomat scanned card.......the diplomats name was John Sulay and his email address was dip.sulay@gmail.com. Also involved is a fake shipping company called FSD services – FSDservices.com. They contacted me on numerous occasions.

From their website:

Head Office (UK)
14-15 St John Street
London EC1V 4PY

Tel: +44(0)7031834386
Fax: +44(0)7031839297
E-mail: info@fsdservices.com

Contacts at FSD : Benjanmin C. Allotey benjanmin_allotey@yahoo.com claimed to be the Director of Ghana Operations....
The address does not exist and the phone number when called goes to an answer machine with a female African voice. The numbers are not UK numbers either. The website is fake and more information can be found here: http://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=45745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I found some websites about scams and all of a sudden it all clicked into place. I am still reeling from it. I am overwhelmed by my stupidity. I have blocked him from IM, Facebook and Email. If he tries calling again I will ignore him. When I looked back all his early emails ( the last one was on 9th Feb ) the IP addresses are from Ghana, he never was in Afghanistan.
Phone number – Ghana +233 271985894

His first email to me on Dating Agency:

Hello Pretty One
the "humdrum," line-dance of life getting the best of you?? Let's dance to the rhythm of life to a whole new beat.Life is full of surprises...and Life is too short to be alone..........No brags just facts ...............Seeking to complete mission in life with great love and compassion.i will love to know you and meet you in person Confident, smart, attractive man looking for that someone who has the same interests I do and enjoys life to the fullest. Kindle the fire of lost dreams with a warm and cuddly caring lass .....add me or send me a message on this my email so that we can have a nice chat and get along with each other andrewztrif2001@live.com.........

I googled Andrewz Trif and found this picture on a website called hi5:

<Mod edit: pic removed, as it might be totally different Andrewz Trif>

Some of the pics he sent me:

Duplicate pics Deleted AN
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly !!

yumcakes
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Andrew Trid /Andrewz Trif Ghanian Scammer

Postby yumcakes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Found this when gooling a different version of his name:

http://www.luvfree.com/antiscam.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I cut and paste it from the above site

Last scam story

WHAT HAPPENED

Andrewz trif scammer, John Sulay Scammer. Andrew trif scam. Andrewz says he is a German born US Military officer who said he was in Afghanistan and retiring to the UK who has sent a parcel with a diplomat called John Sulay the parcel got held in Ghana and it has US dollars in it. The US army guy is called Andrew Trid, alias Andrewz Trif, he says he as 2 daughters called Jayne and Anna, nick names Janny and he lives in Fulham. He uses a website called poemslovers to copy and paste is lies into the emails. They also pretend that Interpol are onto them and that Andrewz is going to be arrested. The Interpol email part of the scam will advise you not to tell anyone or they will come for you and not to give Andrewz any money. This is a dupe to create another angle to get money from you, so are the lies about daughters living in London under the care of nanny. He also says that his wife died. All LIES, The emails are below and are all set up in Mountain View, CA, Richmond WA, SunnyVale CA and Sanjose. andrewztrif2001@live.com dip.sulay@gmail.com mrandrewztrif@live.com, andrewztrif@gmail.com, Interpol@live.com, interpoldivision@live.com, he also uses alias Rain Mahal, rain.mahal@gmail.com. He may also have sent you a picture of himself holding a cattle skull, in a military uniform with a vehicle behind him to the right. The picture is fake, the diplomat will ask you for 5600EUR for the package, Andrewz will ask for 2000EUR for his kids’ holiday,(they will claim that they will pay you back when he gets the package carrying $500,000 and then a bloke called Mark will ring claiming to be in London with the package and ask for money to. If they cant get money they will try and groom you to meet him in Spain, Madrid where he will not turn up, they will try to arrange for a car to pick you up to meet him do not fall for this. They will steal from you. Ask for address in UK and check electoral roll, and all other public info to verify. Ask for D.O.B and N.I, ask where the kids go to school and for their facebook names, all a LIE. Scam, scammer. Packages are only released by embassy’s and are paid for prior to release, to renew an expired tag you must go to the embassy and follow the same process do not give money it is a scam.
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly !!

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:53 pm

andrewztrif2001@live.com got a hit on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pro ... 0773943274" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Allgemeines

Geschlecht(gender):
Männlich(male)

Kontakt

Ausbildung und Beruf

Arbeitgeber(employer):
Military Doctor

There is a second profile for this emailadress but I can not find where it is
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =72&t=5149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LEAVE YOUR SCAMMER WITHOUT WORDS,TELL HIM NOTHING!!!
How to use this board? Have a look here
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=18&t=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yumcakes
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby yumcakes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Yes, he set the facebook account up a few weeks ago and I was his only friend! I have now blocked him - just today. Last time we chatted on IM was Sunday 28th March. I knew he had scammed me.......I did not confront him, he is supposedly in the USA and has been calling me from there for the past couple of weeks. for the most part I have ignored his calls. The number he is calling from comes up:

1 917 210-0201

The area code is for NY. He said he got detained in the UK because he left the army to early and got sent to the US for court marshal. What a story.

I asked him when he was going to pay me back and he asked me if I had an HSBC account. I told him I did not and supposing I did I would not divulge my account details. I told him I wanted the money back the way it was given - cash either in person or by Western Union. I sent this in an email and needless to say he has not responded....

He has no idea that I know he is a scammer and I do not intend telling him either.

Yumcakes

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Some profiles I can not find :cry:

Do not tell him that you know he is a scammer...leave him without words....DO NOT TELL HIM THAT HE IS POSTED HERE because he will change all his details immediately so that potential victims can not find him.
Block him everywhere you can...no calls...no emails...no contact....but be aware he could come back to you with another identity

Looks a bit of recovery scam for me because you posted interpool email adresses(fake adresses). Did he gave you a link to a webpage?
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =72&t=5149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=18&t=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yumcakes
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby yumcakes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:38 pm

I have not given him a single clue that I know he is a scammer. I finally blocked him and have not chatted to him for 5 days and will not. I am sure he is in NYC spending my money... :( and I am mortified that whoever these people are that they try and come after me!

The fake interpol emails came from the Luvfree site where I found the post that someone had put there.

This was quite a scam and there were a few people involved. The supposed shipping company, the supposed diplomat and of course the main scammer.

Do you know of any such incidents where victims have been accosted directly by these people? I was reluctant to post on here incase they find this site and try and get at me some way...

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:53 pm

Do you use your account name somewhere on other places at the internet ...I would advice you to change your account name here when you use your account name here on other places. If you want to change your account name here write a PM to Wayne(red name)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!

yumcakes
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby yumcakes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:58 pm

I made up this account name for this website. I do not use it anywhere else.......obviously these people have tried to scam someone else, the post on the Luvfree website was the only one I found but it was enough.

dotti
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby dotti » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:06 pm

I am sure he is in NYC spending my money.
He is not in NY--he is in Africa, where he always was. He is not anywhere near you, and he won't be.

If I had to guess, the phone number is most likely a magic jack number.

From the list of available area codes on the magic jack website:
Available NY 917
They won't ship products outside of the US, but they state on their site that they can be used outside of US. So all he had to do is scam another victim into shipping one to him, and voila--he has a US number.

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:08 pm

It is possible that some scammer are useing fake websites for some kind of "business" (supposed shipping companys, bank accounts...etc.)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!

yumcakes
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby yumcakes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Thanks dotti,

I am sure you are right. he has not called me for over a week now, instead he leaves messages on facebook or offline messages on IM.

I was worried because there seems to be more than him involved.

yumcakes

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:12 pm

You have written a really good account :) It shows you must have read a lot during the past days or weeks.

It might all have been one and the same scammer though. Itßs by no means unusual that the main scamming character introduces a "Reverend", "Barrister", or "Consignment Security Company Assistant" - who in many many cases is the same scammer. Can you compare their IPs?

I posted a few Senegal scammers today (refugee girl, pastor) and the IPs are very often the same, meaning it was one anonymous scammer behind all this.

Your scammer was better equipped though, with fake site and all, so he might be part of a gang. But the larger the group would be, the more he would have to share. Normally they work each for themselves.
Without IP comparisons, it´s hard to tell though.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “Military scams”