It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:14 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Scammers with pictures of Stuart James - Part 1

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Smiley67
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Smiley67 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Topic locked as too large...for continuation see topic:
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 91&t=66407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pictures are stolen from myspace of Stuart James:
http://www.myspace.com/JetnHeloDriver" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone heard of this guy? He's priceless!!

Name: James Grove
Birthday: 3rd August
Birth: Portuguese born, American father & British mother
Vital statistics: 6’1, Medium build, grey/white hair, brown eyes, no facial hair
Marital status: divorced
Sibling: Sister – Canada
Children: 1 son called Lawry 12 years old – lives with ex wife in Florida
Resides: UK – Acton, West London – Lived approx 7+ years. US – Louisiana
Army Service: 15 years
Position: U.S Army assigned to the U.N Military Unit – on both pay roles
Previous: IT at UCLA
Currently: Islamabad, Pakistan – since approx 16.1.10; main office is in London

Job: Nuclear & mechanical engineer; either working in the field or carrying out research into nuclear activities – can fly jets
Flights home: Gatwick – U.S have a hanger/wing
Email: james.grove@live.com
Mobile: O2 – 07955124531

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lolly42
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: James Grove

Postby Lolly42 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi - please be aware that the pictures of this gorgeous man have quite obviously been scammed by someone and the relating information - whilst possibly close to who he is or what he does - is all made up. He's been caught out on another site that I belong to and also another lady from the US has been caught out too.
For a start - if you notice his uniform in the photos, he has the word "James" yet I know that all US people have their surname on their uniforms and not their first names; his emails to me have been very jumbled English despite the fact that his information indicates a high level of education and a high profile job meaning he SHOULD be able to be able to write coherent and correct English; the UN does not have an office in London, its European HQ is Brussels; and please be aware that the person using this persons pictures asked me to lend him money which is a no-no for someone I've only been corresponding with for just over 6 weeks - and highly unlikely that he'd need my help as if he is as highly qualified and in such a respectable job as indicated, he wouldn't need any help in paying for something and don't tell me that Visa and Amex don't work all over the world!
You managed to get more pictures of him than I did, despite asking repeatedly!
However, if anyone finds out who this gorgeous soldier really is - please send him in my direction FAST! However, knowing my luck so far, he'll be happily married or in a relationship ...
Yours, Disappointed from the UK

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:17 pm

hello and welcome,
can you post his email address and phone number please? Do you have emails you could post for us and his IP? (delete your private details before posting)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =72&t=5149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LEAVE YOUR SCAMMER WITHOUT WORDS,TELL HIM NOTHING!!!
How to use this board? Have a look here
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=18&t=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smiley67
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Smiley67 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi Lolly,

Thanks for this. He has actually been found out on another web site blog where I posted a message - http://www.soldiersperspective.us/2009/ ... ment-57150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. The web site where I met him through have been notified and hopefully they will do something about it.

I have actually got more pictures than the 3 above - See below. You are also right, that if anyone finds out who this handsome man really is, he can certainly come my way....but, I would imagine there would be plenty of us lining up! But on a serious note, I'm sure whoever this man is, would like something done to stop his reputation from being ruined.

Lolly42
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lolly42 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi Smiley67

Where do they get all these pictures of the same person from???? I never managed to get any photos apart from his initial dating website ones but can see how all the photos you have got would lead you to believe that you are corresponding with this chap! :roll:
I do wonder how this chap can be got hold of and told that he is being cloned - not being American I cannot tell what rank he is or what any of the badges mean - do you know what they mean?
I notified a lady (Lynda) on the soldiers perspective website too but I feel the need to ensure women know they are being led up the garden path by this chap.
Ho hum!

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:55 pm

We have found that, although your heart may be in the right place, the real people in these photos do not appreciate being contacted. In many cases they already know that they too are victims and feel frustrated by the situation. Add to that the feeling of being "stalked" by those of us who have fallen for the "counterfeit them", and these people can become downright annoyed and hurtful. Although it may not appear so, the kindest thing we can do is to leave them alone.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

Lolly42
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lolly42 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:04 pm

Red Zora

I saved all 11 of his MSN to me, god knows why by happy now that I did ....! This is his email to me of April 5:

ME: Good morning! Or good afternoon, for you
James: Good morning over there my babe
James: How are you doing today?
ME: I am doing good thank you, glad to be talking to you again You had a real heavy week last week - did you manage to get some rest this weekend?
James: yes and i'm happy to have you online again
James: How was your Easter?
ME: It was fun. Went to Berkshire to see Ren and her son Sam (my godson); watched Sam's football team play a match, and then Ren and I went out for a drink in the evening as its mid point between her birthday and mine
ME: 29 April. We went out into Windsor and had a cocktail at a trendy bar, then moved on to a pub for a couple, then back home. Was quite good fun. When's your birthday - July/August time isn't it?
James: Augusr
James: How did you know that?
ME: Er ... I paid close attention to the details you put on your profile! August what?
James: Smiles
James: but took all that out now
James: I will send you somethings on your birthday
ME: I know you took it all out ages ago, I have a good memory. No need to send me something, just get yourself back over here - that will be present enough. And you are still not telling me what date your birthday is ....
James: Aug 3
James: Its okay, i will try and get myself back to you
ME: So sweetheart, talk to me, what have you been doing that is keeping you so busy?
James: smiles, doing a lot over here and i have been working in the shite valley all week
James: I told you i work as a nuclear engineer with the UN and this takes me to a lot of places and keeps my work going both with the military, terrorist and checking on the nuclear facilities
ME: It sounds like it could be dangerous stuff you are doing. I told my friend Jo's little girl Megan about you and she now thinks you are James Bond!
James: Yes, very dnagerous but i know my way around here now and i will try to keep safe for you
James: Really
ME: Good, I want you back safe How's your son? Have you spoken to him recently?
James: Yes, i spoke to him yesterday and he's doing fine and Okay
ME: Excellent. I expect he is still on Easter break, all the children I know are on break. Pity the weather has been awful here, lots of rain, it keeps them from being outside. We've had snow in Scotland and the north! I expect you are basking in sunshine over there
James: Yes
James: I bet you need to come over here and spend some time in the sun as well
James: Do you always enjoy the weather in the UK?
ME: God yes, would love a holiday in the sun! I am going to look very pale next to you ...! I don't mind the weather over here, you get used to it. But I would prefer to live somewhere where there is more sunshine as it gives you a feel-good feeling and keeps everyone more cheerful. I prefer the dry heat, like when I lived in Cyprus as I can take it and tan quite easily.
James: Okay, looking pale by my side should look perfect for now and we can get a tan on a sunny island together
ME: That would be perfect.
James: of course
James: are you getting back to work tomorrow?
ME: Yep, back to work tomorrow and a fairly busy week which will be good. Got a night out on Thursday, one of my colleagues is leaving and we are all going for a chinese meal so that will be a bit of a riot!
James: hmm, do you like foreign foods?
ME: Oh yes, will try most things although might not be tempted by things like sheeps eyeballs or brains or other bits that I don't think you are really meant to eat ...! How about you?
James: I like it and i take my time visiting and eating some of these foreign foods
ME: And do you like cooking? Or just the eating part? Whats the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
James: I like cooking but i aint a good cook
James: Thinking about that, hmmmmm
ME: Well James, practice makes perfect so you can practice cooking for me
James: I will try my best, are you a good cook?
James: I think a mongolia dragon is the strangest thing i ever tasted
ME: Pretty good yes. Like cooking stuff from scratch - curry, chinese, traditional english, all sorts. I bake cookies and muffins too and take them into work - it makes me popular with the team! - and have a breadmaking machine at home although do occasionally do the bread by hand. I love Jamie Oliver receipes, they are great - Fantastic Fish Pie is great. What on earth is mongolia dragon!!!!
ME: You and me will cook together
James: yes and i will be happy with that
James: Hey babe, i gotta go soon
James: its a busy day at work, will you be online later tonight
ME: Thats fine sweetheart, heading out to the gym for a run anyway. Will be back on line later tonight so catch up with you then?
James: okay
ME: Take care, kisses

Let me know if you need any more. Never got his IP address, just didn't believe he'd be anything other than honest I suppose, like I was.

KR Lolly42

Lolly42
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lolly42 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Duckhunter

I understand where you are coming from and wouldn't want to become a stalker or bunny boiler or anything like that. It must be really frustrating for them.

Lolly42

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:27 pm

Hahaha....no bunnies girl. But any ducks I take out are yours to boil in oil if you like.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

Smiley67
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Smiley67 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:37 pm

duckhunter - you are quite right, these poor people who's pictures are being used are victims themselves and agree that it must be incredibly frustrating for them.

red zora - Here is the information that you asked to be posted.

Here are his details again:
Email address: james.grove@live.com
Mobile: 07955124531 (O2 top up mobile)

Emails received - 96.9.161.219: Scranton, Pennsylvania, US
8/2/10
Hope you like the pics, you are more beautiful than earlier thought,
have a productive day at work, you can see i don't lie either.
xx

10/2/10
Good morning and how was your night?
i waited online last night but didnt see you on earlier,
have to go to bed because i was tired, what are you up to for the day?
kisses.

17/2/10
Good morning (I've removed my name),

Thanks for the email and pica, checked on your last night but you aint available for a chat, kindly let me know what time you will be online today, i really like your pics, you look beautiful and perfect for me, hope things can work well between us, what are you up to for the day?
take care..

Emails received - 63.223.103.131: Seattle, Washington
6/3/10
Missing you and keeping you close to my heart always.
kisses and all my love for you.

7/3/10
Check them out.

22/3/10
Hope this makes you feel better.

6/4/10
How are you doing tonight?
You can put 20 pounds top-up on my pager.
Kisses

16/4/10
I'm back in the UK tomorrow.

23/4/10
Thanks for your email, I'm doing cool and fine in my house
how about you, what are you up to?

25/4/10
I'm in my house, just saying hi to you.
I think i will try and fine a better woman.
I see you are searching for other men on the dating site now.
Good luck.

25/4/10 (This email also listed the information that I've shown above from another website)
You can say what ever you want, i don't do scams
and i found out you posted a blog about my email address
and said i was a scam, you obviously disappointed yourself .
Its your loss and i will surely find you and make you lick my feet,
I never asked you for anything, so why this scam thing?

25/4/10
Hey (I've removed my name),
I got all your complains, i knew when you tracked my email because my server response indicate that and i knew what you are up to, i have done my best for you and i got nothing to hide away from you, I told you all i asked you off were my ways of testing you, i told you when i get my things sorted and needed nothing from you, Please can you erase that write up about me and we arrange things back, its not the way to get me back.

Erase the write up.

Thank you

Received from - 41.138.182.83: Lagos, Nigeria

26/4/10
You erase the write up or i pay you back with your own coins.
I will not hesitate to deal with you, bitch...
come and chat with me online.

Emails that I have sent, show they were opened with the following IP addresses:

63.223.103.131: Seattle, Washington, US - Via proxy
41.138.190.45: Lagos, Nigeria - Not via proxy
41.138.182.83: Lagos, Nigeria - Not via proxy
96.9.161.219: Scranton, Pennsylvania, US - Not via proxy
41.138.187.182: Lagos, Nigeria - Not via proxy
172.20.7.211: my email was forwarded to this IP - location reserved!?
41.138.186.197: Opened in Nigeria, forwarded from 63.223.103.131 (Scranton) via proxy

If there is anything else I can provide, drop me a line. I hope, this information helps stop anyone else getting drawn into this guys games and may go some way of stopping this genuine guys information being used.

Smiley67
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Smiley67 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Red Zora - I also have all of my IM conversations (all 40) with him saved, just something told me to keep them. This doesn't include the ones when logged into IM via the web. I'm more than happy to post on here. The conversations are between 13/1/10 and 3/4/10, these are in addition to all the emails above.

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:59 pm

Hey (I've removed my name),
I got all your complains, i knew when you tracked my email because my server response indicate that and i knew what you are up to, i have done my best for you and i got nothing to hide away from you, I told you all i asked you off were my ways of testing you, i told you when i get my things sorted and needed nothing from you, Please can you erase that write up about me and we arrange things back, its not the way to get me back.

Erase the write up.

Thank you

Received from - 41.138.182.83: Lagos, Nigeria

26/4/10
You erase the write up or i pay you back with your own coins.
I will not hesitate to deal with you, bitch...
come and chat with me online.
Oh my....I take it he is posted elsewhere? How did he find out?

Btw, I'm a little bit jealous.....I*'ve done my best for months to get a scammer to threaten me and still nothing!!!

Smiley67
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Smiley67 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:17 pm

duckhunter -

Back on 8/4/10 I posted a blog on: http://www.soldiersperspective.us/2009/ ... ment-57150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, before I found this site. You should read the comments - the site also have his IP address because believe it or not, he posted a reply!!! :lol: I have no idea how he found it - beats me....hey ho!!

I'm not sure getting threats was what I was after, however, it does help to raise the profile of the evil scammer's that are out there.

montanaj
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: James Grove, james.grove@live.com

Postby montanaj » Sat May 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi

Just thought I would let you know that this person is still about. I found him through the forces penpals site and have chatted to him on there,on msn and also received emails too. He sent me several pictures, most of which are already displayed on here and also gave me the same information about himself. I did think that his english was rather poor, especially with the job he is supposed to be doing. My last contact with him was on the 20th May. Wonder what the person behind this really looks like??
At least I know now not to waste any more time on him, just wish I had checked this out sooner.

Smiley67
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: James Grove, james.grove@live.com

Postby Smiley67 » Sat May 22, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi,

My advice would be not to get any more involved with this con -artist. If you met him through 'Forces Penpales' I would suggest reporting him. I did, and they assured me (end of April 10) that his profile had been removed a couple of days after he joined - that would have been back in Dec 09.

Return to “Military scams”