It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:57 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Alan P.

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers with pictures of Alan P.

Postby Igulinka » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:51 pm

Euxenia71

Welcome to RS. I am so sorry that you fall into the scam. Please do not blame yourself for anything because normal, decent people would never think a cyber crime like this exists until they fall into the trap.
Please block, delete ,ignore. Never ever say anything to him. Scammers are nasty creatures and they hate when victims take control over. He may surprise your devises with virus....
Yes , you did mistake to confront him. This way you thought him how to be more careful and be even better in this horrible crime. Please never do it again, let them be stupid as can be.
Please be safe ....

Igulinka :)
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

minerva

Bookmark and Share

skymiller22@rocketmail.com

Postby minerva » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:46 pm

leads to Badoo

Emmanuel, 26
Ontario, Canada
I'm here to make new friends

to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

nitamc46
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby nitamc46 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:13 pm

This guy who has gone by Chris Hudson, Kevin Miller, Joel Kevin Norris, Kevin Cole, Mark Donald and Andy Bossi is now going by the name of Clington Rowe. Even after I outed him yesterday, he still tried to talk to me. I met him on MatchMaker.com. He is smooth and says all the right things. Stay away from him. He's crazy!

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:31 pm

nitamc46

Thank you for the warning. Please copy and paste the fake profile in here and add his email address if you have. Block mafia please.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

pietrusa
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby pietrusa » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:01 am

Okay enough is enough. I'm trying to get interest in making a documentary about the use of my pics to scam money from women, and the wider issue with military men having their pics used like this. Will try to raise awareness to prevent as much of this happening going forward. I'd love to hear from some actual victims who sent money first and will go from there.

If anyone is willing to help, just start by sending an e-mail to alaninla@aol.com (this is the e-mail i use a spam filter, once I hear from you I'll give you my main personal e-mail as I don't want that address posted on any public forum.

I'm retired from the navy and now a working actor in LA, i just finished producing a film and I have the means and know how to make a documentary about these disgusting scams. If you want to help by sharing your true story of losing money, please e-mail me and I'll be happy to give me phone number or we can facetime chat and you can see it's really me.

Alan Pietruszewski

Euxenia71
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Euxenia71 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:51 pm

:-o :shock: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :shock: :shock:

CML
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby CML » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 am

I was cat-fished by "Kevin". His profile was on Tinder. Now a 45 year old Vetinarian that lives on the UES of Manhattan. Has a 14 year old son and has been separated for over a year. I'm an educated woman who was totally taken. They're good!
His phone number is registered through an app called "Free Tone" (914) 206-5152

asta.kuckaite
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby asta.kuckaite » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Hello, this guy named himself as Dave Paul from London. He "works" as engineer in MSC company. He "sold" his property in NY, USA and wanted to send to me 0,56 ml USA dol. :) All this scam happend 2017 Nov / 2018 Jan. He was from okcupid.com . Thank God I had my mind on :)

His email is dave_centb@yahoo.com, phone +447931550251 .

His first letter to me:
Hello dear CCC, is nice to meet you yesterday, i am was looking forward in getting to know you more. I just had a few breaks and decided to write to you and tell you little more about myself. with some of my recent pictures also... with some old ones of me and my dog in London.

I am Dave Paul. I am a British and 43 years old. I am living in London. I am single, no kid and never married. I work with an International shipping company called MSC London branch. I am a Marine engineer and also the private purchasing contractor of same company.I am currently sailing in the sea with my colleague to deliver goods of the coast of Germany. I enjoy what i do and love talking about it because i have lot of experience meeting people from all culture and religion since my years both in U.K Navy Marine till now. I am seeking for a serious relationship leading to marriage, i understand distanced can be a big issue but is it not for me as i can always come and visit you once we develop some connection through communication. Am sorry but my communication is a bit limited now that am on the sea. but i can always make out time to reply your emails and call you when i get to the land in Germany. you can drop me your number, mine is +447459887822 feel free to call me anytime.

My hobbies are reading, traveling, cooking, watching world news and news, gardening, swimming, walking out, gym and sea diving. My interests are golfing, doing volunteering and humanitarian services for children suffering from cancer related diseases and multiple sclerosis, investing in real estate properties and stocks etc. I am the only child of my parents. They live in Manchester country home and have a caretaker. I have a first degree in Marine Engineer and also a masters degree in International Marine laws and logistics from Northampton University.

Last edited by asta.kuckaite on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Hello,

If you still have mafia's email address, phone numbers, fake documents please kindly post.
Always BLOCK and IGNORE scammers. Thank you for posting.

MegSuhendra
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby MegSuhendra » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:32 am

This person now used the name of David Priest. Saying he's an orthopedic surgeon living in Bristow. A widowed with 2 toddler kids. He hasn't ask for money yet. Just chat with this guy 5 minutes ago.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 am

did he give you his email ID or phone number ?
Welcome to RS and thanks for the update :)
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Clarity_2019
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Clarity_2019 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:05 pm

It's a pity it is a scam because this Alan P is darn hot....the scammer though got more sophisticated

Contacted on OK Cupid

Now operating as

NICKNAME SIMBA / NAME DAVE PAULSON / E-MAIL: davecentbtutu@gmail.com

Has a first degree in International Marine Laws & Logistics and also a masters degree in International Marine Security and Safety from Northampton University; works with an International shipping company called MSC Italy ( Le Navi Genoa branch) as the head of Marine Security on-board the company's website is www.msc.com/it
Pretends to be an Italian military navy officer, borrow to UN military navy (which does not really exists), has ranks from US Navy

OK Cupid profile:

Simba
44•Milan, Italy• 50% Match

Straight, Man, Single, Monogamous, 183cm, Fit
background
White, Attended Post grad, Christian, Never smokes, Drinks socially, Doesn’t do drugs, Omnivore, Doesn’t have kids, Has dogs
wiw
Looking for women, located anywhere, ages 39‑74, for long-term dating and new friends.

Below pictures received and first conversations / introduction

Hello, How are you doing today? I like your profile and picture. I wish to know you better.
Are you sure you would beat me at a car race ?!?
Oh sure!! We could always be try it out in the near future haha. How has your day been ?
Working. In Paris. I don’t have a good car at the moment. But would love to attend one of those driving week ends with BMW Alpine on ice
Oh you are in Paris now? How is it going down there ?
Not working now. My office is in Champs Elysees, so keep off area. Hotel lobby. Alone. Bored to death. Listening to Blue Mindset own playlist on Spotify. Chatting with you.
Ops ops “keep out zone”. My English gets stumbling when I speak French all day

Thanks for bringing out time to chat with me. Tell me about yourself, family and work. I work with an international freights forwarding company as the head of the marine security dept. I also have a private gold sales business
Jan 19 9:03pm
I like the freight forwarding field. And also the gold and mining stuff
Thanks. Have you found any good man here yet ?

I guess I wouldn’t be be here if I had.And you?

No I am just new here. Two days old now. I joined here through a colleague’s referral. Actually, three of my work colleagues met their wives on here. How long have you been searching for your kind of man online ? Secondly, what’s your experience or perception about online dating? Please share with me

Jan 19 10:42pm

Jan 19 11:24pm
Okay thanks for your response. Please do you have a Hangout app for chatting ? Kindly update me so we can always chat there to know better and maybe meet in the near future.

Jan 20 12:01am
You mean the google app? I am not much of a fan of google, but WhatsApp is fine, no?

Jan 20 2:52am
I don’t have WhatsApp working on my work computer which I am using to chat. Please if you can install the Hangout app and then, you can sign in with your email address either gmail or yahoo account.
Jan 20 9:02am
I’ll see. Maybe first you might tell me if your name is really Simba?
Jan 20 2:33pm
Ok, now I have the app. What shall I do next?
Jan 20 4:40pm
What’s your email on it. I can send you an invitation
Jan 20 5:35pm
XXXXX
Read
Jan 20 10:51pm
Thanks for dropping me with your email. I have sent you an invitation on Hangout app

THEN GOES TO HANGOUT APP

Hello Beautiful, how are you doing today? Thanks for giving me your email on okcupid. This is Dave and I hope that we could always chat here to know each other better and maybe meet in the near future
Dave • 20 gen, 22:50
Good morning to you too 😊
21 gen, 07:20
Dave Paulson
How are you doing today?
Good morning to you from here
Are you there ?
Having breakfast and running to work. Still in Paris. Talk later
21 gen, 08:29
Dave Paulson
Oh I see
How long would you be in Paris ?
I will do my best to write more about me and share few pictures of me with you once I finish my breakfast today. I hope we can know better and possibly plan to meet in the near future.

Hi beautiful XXX, good morning to you. How are you doing today? I hope good. I have been a little busy around my house and I shall be going out later for a little shopping for my dogs and toiletries. I am sorry for the delay in writing to you. It’s 11:45AM here in Milan, Italy. What are you up to now? Let me start by introducing myself to you. I am Dave Paul by name. I am a British/Italian mixed race man who spent few years of his Education life in the United Kingdom. My father is a British grew up in Italy and still living here for decades now and my mother is an Italian beautiful woman. I am presently 44 years old and I am more of an Italian than English as I never lived in England for a long duration before just visit my relatives from my father's side and come back to Milan. I went through part of my education in England. I am living in the Milan city which is the capital of Lombardy alone with my three well-trained dogs. I am single, no kid and never married. I am an officer of the reputable and well respected Italian Navy and I am stationed to work with an International shipping company called MSC Italy ( Le Navi Genoa branch) as the head of Marine Security on-board the company's website is www.msc.com/it. This is because the company signed a collaborative security and technical support team agreement with the Italian Navy. The Ship which I work inside is a cargo and containers carrier ship which conveys individual and corporate bodies products to four different ports in Barcelona sea port, Spain, Valletta Grand Harbour in Malta and Port of London, England and lastly Big Saint Petersburg Port in Russia. I am seeking for a serious relationship leading to marriage. My hobbies are reading, traveling, cooking, watching world news and news, gardening, swimming, walking out, gym and sea diving. My interests are golfing, doing volunteering and humanitarian services for children suffering from cancer related diseases and multiple sclerosis, investing in real estate properties and stocks etc. I am the only child of my parents. They live in the Milan country home and have a caretaker. I have a first degree in International Marine Laws & Logistics and also a masters degree in International Marine Security and Safety from Northampton University which is in England. My years in school in England helped me to get closer to my relatives from my father's side and their culture too.

Yasuemikan
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Yasuemikan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:25 pm

I encountered him though OKcupid. He’s using a name Dave Paul. He wanted me to communicate though Line app
Here is his introduction.
Hi Beautiful Yasue, I thought I should write you more about me before going to sleep. I am sorry for the delay in writing you. I may sleep off on the couch while watching TV program. Let me start by introducing myself to you. I am Dave Paul by name. I am a British/Italian mixed race man who spent few years of his Education life in the United Kingdom. My father is a British grew up in Italy and still living here for decades now and my mother is an Italian beautiful woman. I am presently 44 years old and I am more of an Italian than English as I never lived in England for long. I just visit my relatives from my father's side and come back once in a year and back. I also had some parts of education in England. I am living in the Milan city which is the capital of Lombardy alone with my three well-trained dogs. I am single, no kid and never married. I am an officer of the reputable and well respected Italian Navy and I am stationed to work with an International shipping company called MSC Italy ( Le Navi Genoa branch) as the head of Marine Security on-board the company's website is www.msc.com/it. This is because the company signed a collaborative security and technical support team agreement with the Italian Navy. The Ship which I work inside is a cargo and containers carrier ship which conveys individual and corporate bodies products to four different ports in Barcelona sea port, Spain, Valletta Grand Harbour in Malta and Port of London, England and lastly Big Saint Petersburg Port in Russia. I am seeking for a serious relationship leading to marriage. My hobbies are reading, traveling, cooking, watching world news and news, gardening, swimming, walking out, gym and sea diving. My interests are golfing, doing volunteering and humanitarian services for children suffering from cancer related diseases and multiple sclerosis, investing in real estate properties and stocks etc. I am the only child of my parents. They live in the Milan country home and have a caretaker. I have a first degree in International Marine Laws & Logistics and also a masters degree in International Marine Security and Safety from Northampton University which is in England. My years in school in England helped me to get closer to my relatives from my father's side and their culture too.
Pretty darn long. Sand me pictures that already posted here.
His story is that he is stuck in São Paulo on the way to meet me in US. Because he didn’t know he needed visa in Brazil. Also he is traveling with almost 2 million in US dollars to buy gold for his side business. And he wants to send the money to me. Stupid me told him my full name, Address, phone number and a picture of my driver’s license. I won’t communicate with him any more but I’m worried about my identity.

Maggiec
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Maggiec » Fri May 15, 2020 1:04 am

I was talking to this guy for 2 days in Okcupid with the name Dave Paulostus (no photo on Okcupid) and we switched to Line and continued texting for almost 2 weeks. The scammer is still using the same photos posted here and sent me the similar story (Swedish/Italian mixed, Italy Navy, working on the ship of MSc shipping, delivering the essential goods for Covid-19 and selling gold for side business and he will be assigned to work in Taiwan after the pandemic is over. And he was in Taiwan few weeks ago to evaluate the office here) and those pictures via Line.
The more I was texting and chatting with him, the more I am feeling something is off. There are inconsistency of his stories and red flags sometimes but I chose to ignore them. Then he would not do video chat (but sent me a short video clip of Alan P. running for donation instead of a video talking directly to me) even though he was finally back home for rest days. He claimed he gave out the phone but still it just made me feel strange. So I finally searched online and found out I can do Google image search and found out the photos he sent me are posted on this website and there are victims like me.
I am also very stupid to give him my real name, address, phone number and my passport information. Also, I confronted him saying I know he is a scammer without telling him the specifics and telling him I will never give him any money. Then he became abusive and cursed me. I cursed him back and then deleted and blocked his Line ID with setup of filter messages from friends only so that I won't receive any of his messages.
Now, I am also worried about my identity and a bit of safety (I live in Taiwan, here say I don't need to worry because they won't waste time to track me down, right?) but still there is feeling of uneasiness.
The scammers are using Alan P. photos for many years now and I feel stupid not to check out all the online information about online dating and scams before I start to use the dating website.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Fri May 15, 2020 1:32 am

Maggiec

Thank you for notifying and sorry for a wasting your time on Nigerian mafia. Kindly post: fake profile, their email address, phone numbers, any documents and un-reported photos. Please BLOCK them and IGNORE, be safe!

Return to “Military scams”