It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Lt. Gen. Andrew Leslie

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Richard Green, richardgreen675@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Received: from [172.129.33.93] AOL :(

I am honest, truthful good man :mrgreen: who has a pure heart and looking for a woman that is the same to share life with! Both the good and bad times must be gone through! We must know great joy as well as great sadness!But then is not all Dreams that come true ..Beside you can never have all the qualities that you are seeking in a woman. ..I am healthy, athletic, and in good shape and enjoy tennis, golf and racquetball. I love my beautiful home.Someone loyal, attractive, fun to be with, who likes to travel, read, exercise - someone who likes life,but does not want to control or manipulate the people in their life.hope to hear from you soon..
Richard
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Re: Richard Green, richardgreen675@yahoo.com

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

hook
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers with pictures of General Andrew Leslie

Postby hook » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Yahoo Email BOOK OF Copying and Pasting!!
Good Afternoon my new aquaintance XXXX, How are you doing this morning? well I hope and trust you are fairing well and you're swimming under the pool of good health and also enjoying your morning over there ..? I was highly exhilarated to have chat with you last night I really appreciated your effort. I also wanna thank you for sharing your contact details with me on the dating site we met,I really and truly appreciated your efforts as a good friend. I can see honesty and sincerity in you. You sound so honest I must confess. My dear you're such a beautiful woman you look so pretty and your kids also great and beautiful with the beautiful smile on their faces. Actually that was my first time ever on a dating site and you were the first woman that responded back to me with your contact me with your details.
XXX, I think all relationships that ends in love, begin with the basics of a solid friendship.I would endear a nice friendship with you, and see if anything might evolve from there .. Love is about finding the right person, with the same long term goals, ideologies and core beliefs. When those are in place, it makes for a prosperous loving relationship. Friendship is the foundation in the beginning, and the love is the temple did is Constructed and stands forever more.Relationship is not about AGE, Distance, and Communicating each and everyday of the most Important is the TRUST TRUST & LOYALTY.The of a lady to her MAN and the MAN of LOYALTY to his lady...
I have been married before and i have one son who is 15 years old and I lost my lovely wife and my two other kids in a train accident in the UK, London...I work in the U.S...I am also the commanding officer (CO) of my squad under my platoon ..... I'm over here currently based in Syria on my last peacekeeping mission and I have less than two months to get back to USA .. I love and enjoy my job so much Although it's hard and takes much time...I lived a lonely life for all this while with no family relatives or siblings cuz I was the only son of my parents, I wish I could have brothers and sisters in life but it's God plan for my life .... Life is good at this point I feel I'm very blessed person family and values ??are very important to me I am family oriented man. I've been very blessed with loving parents but i lost them long time ago. I hope some day i will be able to give the love to someone as they gave to each other and to me. I'm in good health and physically fit...I enjoy traveling and learning different cultures.
I have been to many places in this world... I am shy but outgoing, timid but strong, a loner but loves to be around people. It all depends on who I am with and how familiar or comfortable I am with them did. I am very educated, Not Necessarily from a collegiate accomplishment level as I am street wise and in tune with my surroundings, making me comfortable More Often than anxious
I live with my son Jeff in the state but he is now in a boarding school under good care of the government in Norfolk Virginia since I'm away now. I love my son Jeff a lot cuz he is all i have for now and besides he is the nearest to my heart. I have spent a lot of time alone for being widower for 7 years Because I took a good look and did not like who I saw anymore so I took the time out to get to know myself and change those values ??and attitudes I did not like and make sure the change was what is me. Apparently a friend of mine got married through this online dating thing and he Introduced me to it and I became interested...I have lived a very full life, had more adventures than I can remember sometimes, but they have all been educational and I they happened and am glad I experienced them.I enjoy dancing, great conversation, intelligence, not necessarily from the academic side, but common sense and the ability to think things through.
I did like a woman can carry a conversation and is not afraid to learn or to teach for that matter. I want it all and will not settle for less, but at the same time, did want that person can stop and smell the roses and appreciate the time she has on this earth, knowing it is not forever
I am imaginative, intelligent, and kind-hearted ..... Well i will like to know more about you and see where the future will hold us to.Tell me more about you.
I am not a perfect man therefore I do not expect much in a partner of my choice but all that I want in a partner is love, care, trust, faithfulness, sincerity, honesty and respect is the most important cuz respect makes every relationship strong. I would like to meet someone who's as warm on the inside as they are on the outside, someone to laugh and cry with..... And share what's in my heart....To be my friend, then become my best friend and if possible become my life. Someone to watch sunset with, someone to walk along beaches with...someone who will be there for good, bad, happy, sad, caring, laugh, cry and even share a smile with smiling cuz I love smiling a lot, so someone who wants to love me and care a lot about Jeff my only son. My life is bright now and I am a self reliant and will like to spoil my woman and pamper her. I will be looking forward to your mail and so get to meet you on yahoo messenger. I have attached some pics of me that of my only lovely but Jeff I think you may like to have a look at and I will also like to see more of your pics in response I like your kids pictures and that of your kids...Take a very good care of yourself coz I care we shall chat later. A tender kiss and a a big hug for you.
Your Aquaintance, :applause: :applause:
Marvin.
IP:41.66.239.146

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Ashton Brandon, meannoarm@live.co.uk

Postby Marisa » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:17 am

pest booted off DnM

username: ashtonmeannoarm
emails: ashtonbrandon1@aol.com, meannoarm@live.co.uk
Widowed, Government worker, 55 yo

IP address: 205.188.117.78 - Africa Online

Description:
HONESTY. Am caring,responsible,faithful,open minded.i like listen than talking and i do share my opinion with my partner.

junkmail:
Hi Dear friend how are you doing,i just join this site and i like your profile and i decied to send you a short message .Am ashton 54 yrs and will like to be your friend take good care of yourself.Here is my contact you can reach me on skype: ashtonmeannoarm and you can reach me on my direct mail meannoarm@live.co.uk have a nice day.
Ashton

he didn't have a pic on DnM, but he has it on Polishlove:

ashtonmeannoarm's Profile
About myself: Am honest,responsible,faithful and open minded and i do listen than talking because i always gain lot when i listen to people idea and also contribute to their opinion.I believe in learning new thing and that is what have been keeping me going in this world.

He was also on interpals, but got booted. :twisted:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Ashton Brandon, meannoarm@live.co.uk

Postby Myra » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:28 am

the RPO is from Canada :twisted:
pic stolen from
Lieutenant-General Andrew Leslie
Chief of the Land Staff, Canadian Forces
irun.ca/issues/issue.php?intIssueID=12

facebook.com/ashton.brandon.52
Ashton Brandon
About
From Whistler, Canada

tagged
Ashton B

Last Active: 10 days ago
Relationship Status: Widowed

meetme.com
Ashton Brandon
55, Male
Bavaria, Germany

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Richard Maker, richard.maker2013@hotmail.com

Postby Bix » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:38 am

email used last year with Gen. David Rodriuez
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 6&start=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

badoo
Richard 56, New York, NY

Ohh okay...My skype is Richard.maker51 can i have your so that we can chat more over there ok
And my email address is richard_maker2013@hotmail.com can i have your skype

Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:17 am

Max Freemind, max_freemind@yahoo.ca

51 / Male / Straight / Single
I'm Online Chat with me
Joined August 22, 2013. From New York. Living in Honokaa, Hawaii.

About Me
Well I really don't know how to set the ball rolling.....I like...cooking, gardening, reading and fishing also, swimming and playing golf in the summer time i enjoy watching football and golf, i enjoy attending sporting events, going to the theater and eating out, to name a few i also enjoy the outdoors Whether it's trail walking, horseback riding, tennis, snow skiing, or simply walking on the beach...I also like smiling a lot so keep semiling whiles reading my profile..lol. I'm ready to fall in love with someone special ....I mean who ever that happens to be there and have few qualities Which talks about genuine woman in relationship, goals..... faithfulness, loyalty, trustworthy, honesty, respectful etc I'm mostly serious at work or when the situation is warranted..

junkmail:
Hi there!! I'm maxwell a new member on this dating site. I have been glancing through profiles of members on this site for so many hours now and I came acrooss your profile which seems very interesting and I stopped to drop a line...In order to spread happiness, I need to have it in my heart first. And that is exactly what kind of person I am. I am a happy person who has a big heart full of love to give to the right woman.I feel good about myself because I am very passionate. I like to give help to anyone who needs it, and I am a positive thinker - I usually look at the glass half full. I do not dwell on problems, but instead I look for a quick and long lasting solution. For fun, I love to sing aloud . My friends say that I am a warm and friendly...I will be very happy if you can kindly response back to me here with your email address or Skype address so that we can get to know each other well through effective communication. I wanna open a great communication with you outside this dating site if you don't mind here is my email address...max_freemind@yahoo.ca .Take care. Best regards, Max.....xxx

pic already posted
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Josh Tyler, joshtyler43@hotmail.com

Postby Bix » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:28 pm

badoo
WeekendSpecial, 56
Phoenix Sky Harbour International Airport, AZ, United States
well, what can I say about myself....., I am down to earth, like to see the brighter side of life and can see humour in most situations where possible and try not to take life too seriously. I am optimistic, cheerful, intelligent, perceptive, young of heart and get along with most people and like going out and about visiting places of interest and enjoy all the usual social activities. Enjoy long … walks by the seaside and in town or country I am artistic of nature and am currently doing studies in this area whilst also working part time.
Interested in
I am looking for an attractive interesting woman in his 40s or early 50s to share dates with and also cosy nights in! I view life as a journey, the destination is not so important as the journey itself, and the wonderful people you meet along the way...

when he request for pictures was refused, he went completely rabid! :mrgreen:
I will use black magic on you

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Andrew Smith, andrewsmith215@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:03 am

datehookup
as531960
I am a good man with a caring heart,nice and gentle,i am a man with a a good character,i am a senior officer in the military looking for a good woman to be with and spend the rest of my life with,player or scammer keep off.no time to waste on here and i am not looking for a day stand,looking for a woman to be with and spend the rest of my life with.

Thank you for the message,i am happy to read from you again,i am on deployment into Kabul camp in afghan for peace keeping ,mission but my son live with nanny in USA over there,i am lonely and seriously in need of a good woman for real in my life,someone to be with and care for always for the rest of my life.
here is my yahoo messenger im,i am very very serious for real,
andrewsmith215@yahoo.com

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Andrew Smith, andrewsmith215@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:12 am

Facebook
Andrew Smith
Worked at American Military University
Studied at carlifornia state university
Lives in Charles Town, West Virginia

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

Aries56
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Tom Cavill, tomcavill@live.com

Postby Aries56 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:21 pm

match.com
tiger_head-4
56 yrs old
Stockholm, Sweden
No face...
His profile was taken down pretty fast...

Photoes he sent me in this thread already.
e-mail today:
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2014 4:33:25 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for replying to my email and I am glad you like my photos. Hope your day is okay. I am sending you this long note to tell you more about myself . I guess you will be tired after reading it because it is a long mail And It contains Issues That is really dear to my heart..

Oh! where should I start talking from, To begin with, I was born in Stockholm, Sweden. I Never knew my Dad. I only lived with my mum. My mum also never told me about my dad,with the idea that I am too young to know about her. When I was 15 years old, my mum suffered a severe heart attack and passed away. I knew not any relation of her because I was young and also she was too busy to introduce me to her family members. There was only a friend of her that I know. Later somewhere in my struggle with life, I came across a good stranger. This man was very good to me and intended giving me a helping hand. He helped me establish a career. I joined the Canadian army and trained hard. Life in Canada was so beautiful and I never planned to come back to Stockholm. I loved the job very well and I appreciated everything this kind man did for me so in returns of my appreciation, I fell in love with his lovely daughter. :love:

We got married and had a very wonderful little son. Two years after marriage, her father died. I had lost a great man and the mentor of my life. I then traveled to Stockholm when my son was 8 years old. I spent few months in Stockholm only to return back to Canada to find out that my wife and son had an accident two days before my arrival. They couldn't Survive the accident. :cry: I have been living alone in this misery. I am the most loneliest man. No family, its all about myself,sixth Sense and my shadow lol. But I have not given up yet, a great day awaiting for me and I can sense it.

I am happy to move on in life upon my loses. I'm in good health. I enjoy travelling and learning different cultures. I have been to many places in this world. I am shy but outgoing, timid but strong, a loner but loves to be around people. It all depends on who I am with and how familiar or comfortable that I am with them. I think confidence is the greatest asset a person can have, both in themselves and in the environment around them.

I like a woman who has achieved self actualization, that is not dwelling on what happened way back when but what could happen today or tomorrow. Those that dwell in the past are not around me very long, I spot them from miles and run fast. I enjoy dancing, great conversation, intelligence, not necessarily from the academic side, but common sense and the ability to think through things. I like a woman that can carry a conversation and is not afraid to learn or to teach for that matter. I want it all and will not settle for less, but at the same time, want that person that can stop and smell the roses and appreciate the time she has on this earth, knowing it is not forever.

I had a great romance in the past so I know it is within me to express love and passion. Will you share the adventure of life as we help one another become happier, better people along the way? If you are sincere, smart, and special. I would like someone who's as warm on the inside as they are on the outside. Someone to laugh and cry with. And share what's in your heart. To be my friend, then become my best friend and possible become my life. Someone to watch sunsets with, walk along beaches with. Someone who will be there for good, bad, happy, sad, laugh, cry and even share a smile with.

I believe in honor, manners, ethics and treating people with respect and looking for the same qualities in my friends. I also have a quiet side and am quite content staying home especially if I have someone to snuggle up with. I pride myself in being independent both emotionally and financially. I have reached the point where I am looking for someone who is open to a new friendship and maybe even a committed relationship. I think am writing too much haha ! Hope you are not mad at me. Maybe we can chat more of the time and express ourself. Sorry I have taken down my profile on the dating site because I want to know you better :mrgreen: and see what the road of fate will lead us to. I hope to hear from you soon. Bye and Take care.
Tom

maria929
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby maria929 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:30 am

He is now on FB too, goes by the name of Pat Arnold:

facebook.com/pat.arnold.9277?fref=ts

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:53 pm

thanks for update if you still have other information feel free to post :)
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Donald Ryan, donaldryan20@gmail.com

Postby Bix » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:52 pm

badoo.com/01286237214/
Donaldryan, 55
New York, NY
About me
I'm excited to see new places, meet new people and do new things. I'm not a fighter and I don't argue, life's too short but I do value friendship and intimacy. Respect is one of the most important requisites in a relationship, as are honesty and commitment. I enjoy going out to dinner, movies, walks, and quiet times. I love nature, enjoy learning, and have a deep respect and love for children. I'm fascinated with the world and different cultures and would enjoy learning more about them....
Interested in
I'm ready to falling in love with someone special who ever that happens to be.. there are few qualities which talks about genuine woman in relationship, such as faithfulness, loyalty, trustworthy, Honesty, respectful etc. guess having those qualities in relationship can really help alot. I am not looking to fill a void in my life, I am looking for my soul mate.

Hi ,
I'm Donald by name I was having a random search whiles i come across your profile but i will be happy to have some little chat with you if you don't mind, Don't be worried about the distance let's give out a chance to stay in contact as friend and i believe through friendship we can get to know a lot more about each other and see what the future holds in hands for us .You can write me on my email address if you don't mind...(donaldryan20@gmail.com)

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Mark William, s.williamm@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:32 pm

person.com
USER ID: 7862333
Nickname: mark
Name: william
State/Region: New York
City: New York

katyte123
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Military scam

Postby katyte123 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi, just joined here and unfortunately I was taken in by a military scammer! I was contacted via Match.com dating site by someone called Micheal Underwoods (honest57 his pen name!). He was incredibly romantic and sent three pictures. He was apparently stationed in Kabul, Afghanistan. We exchanged mail and for almost 3 weeks. I was always a little nervous because of the speed in which he was very romantic. I must say I did fall for it! But when I asked him for more pictures, Skype video, when he was leaving the army etc., he either never answered or was vague. So I did a picture search and found he was using the ID of General Andrew Leslie (lots of pictures of him on this site). I got in touch with General Leslie directly who's office told me they were aware of these scams and were trying to stop them as they find them. I got back to Micheal and asked why the lie? He was upset that I couldn't trust him and still claimed to be the General and that General Leslie has stolen his ID!! I haven't heard any more from him after that. I have found a number of fake General Leslie's on Facebook and on other sites too and have been working with the real Andrew Leslie to eradicate these scammers!

Return to “Military scams”