Scammer name: Colonel Brian D Smith
Born: 16 December 1956
From/lives in: Rochester, New York
Divorced for 2 years
Has sole custody of his 15 year old daughter Kenry (who lives with Caregiver while he is away on deployment assignments). Has no contact with ex wife and daughter has no contact with her mother either. Mother has apparently married again and has no interest in the daughter because she has other children with the new husband
Both parents dead. Dad was US Citizen and was also in the US Military. Mom was from Venezuela hence the reason why he still speaks with a bit of a Spanish accent.
Lost his only brother in an accident
Studied at: United States Military Academy
Best friend and personal assistant who helps him with “a lot of things” is: Martin Barrera Gonzales from North Carolina, USA
Travel Agent: Jean Marc Legace from Quebec, Canada
Target: Women 50 – 70 years of age (specifically single/divorced/widowed assuming they are looking for romance). The fact that I wasn’t looking for romance/relationship did not put him off.
His method of operation: He will comment on how pretty/beautiful you look from your picture. Ask if your hair is your own and then continue the conversation from there building up to being madly in love with you within two to three weeks.
He is planning to retire from the Military at the end of this year (2016) and wants to open a jewellery business (like his father planned to do before he died)
E-mail addresses used by Colonel Brian D Smith:
(address for Google Hangouts only – does not e-mail from here)
(used this address to send me e-mails)
(supposedly his daughter Kenry’s e-mail address)
Uses the photographs of General Mark A Welsh III (United States Airforce Chief) who was the victim of Identity theft http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/t ... ether.aspx
(Colonel Brian D Smith is not the only person using the General’s photographs – according to their report on the identity theft)
Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark A. Welsh III
1) Fake accounts with stolen images from General Mark A Welsh III: http://soul-catcher.eu/fake-accounts-wi ... ii-part-i/
2) More fake accounts with stolen images from General Mark A Welsh III: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51777
Also found Colonel Brian D Smith on:
- his user name is: Copper001 from United States, New York
– has various profiles here (e.g. Wayne Welsh David) with e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Also as Mark Welsh (various variations), Anthony Hull and others. He is very active on this site.
3) Contacted someone on Google+ and called himself Thomas Edison and told her he lives in California
4) Colonel Brian D Smith has 4 Google+ profiles