It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

African scammers posing as military personnel.
stadtpirat
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

Postby stadtpirat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:44 am

Many thanks for your answer. Just was hesitant as his whole story is very different from the ones I found online. Would have been logical to me that the official e-mail is not totally free in use for a soldier not being in a war zone or something like that.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Barbwyr0625
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Barbwyr0625 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Hello, I've been in communication with a "Military person" deployed in Chad, I finally got him to give me his military email address. Can you tell me if this email suffix is a legitimate US Army email: @tacom.army.mil. I appreciate any info you can give me on this. I have a feeling someone is trying to take me for whatever they can but I want to be absolutely sure. Thank you.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:17 am

Hello, this is not a full email address. Please post a profile, full email address, pictures and massages. I can assure you that soldiers deployed to serve overseas don't chat online. They are very lucky if able to speak with their families a few times a year, that is if there are a phone towers or internet still available, what almost don't happen in countries targeted by wars. Please be very vigilant and don't let scammers to fool you. Surf safely online.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

cat becker
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby cat becker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Thank you for the email information, FYI I received an email with the address which sent and received correctly. It was a scammer too and I am about to upload the information to this site. He sent this after I was insisting he prove his identity: jay.javier@us.army.mil

I have attached an image, this is the photo the scammer uses, it is not the actual scammer....

Roadrunner1
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: U.S. Army Mailing procedures

Postby Roadrunner1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi. What is the background behind these people sending things back to the States via a "Diplomat"? My guy is supposedly shipping home next week and he hit me up to let him send me his medals and such for safe keeping. I know this is a scam, especially when he said he'd check with the Diplomat and get back with me, because I told him I'd only accept a package from a legit Army mailing address.

So, two questions: what kind of stuff would he REALLY be sending? And, what would a " legit" Army package from Afghanistan look like?

Thanks!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi,
The scammers have West-African local names, thus the diplomat is a fake sender.
Either candy/flowers/a small teddybear (paid for by stolen CC info), or something (anything, can be electronics, expensive trainers, from online shops, paid for by stolen credit card) with a request to re-ship to his "commander"/"relative"/"local driver"/"son" in West-Africa.
Not familiar with US military but I assume it would be shipped/mailed by an US Army owned service, which would definitely be reflected on the package.
I think it´s better not to accept it and to simply become quiet on the scammers and not answer questions ;)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Roadrunner1
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Roadrunner1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Thank you for the response and information. I don't intend to accept, since I can only imagine what it might be. Just curious "why" and "what.".

A word of warning for this in the same position:. A person of my acquaintance - not a friend of a friend etc but someone I actually know - gave her home address to her scammer. He had delivered to her a new refrigerator, BBQ and CAR, which she assumed were gifts. Then he sent some very scary people to her house to claim them.

Moderator, delete if that's not appropriate, but it is a true story.

Afoolinlovewithher
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Afoolinlovewithher » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:47 am

A girl im in love with will not give me the time or day because she said she is in love with someone in army. I see all the signs of this being a scam. He gave her a email address with his first last name and @theusarmy.mil is this a correct army email? From what she told me he is in the uk. She said he has never once asked her for money but I am concerned. Is she getting scammed?

TeneikaGraves
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

Postby TeneikaGraves » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:02 pm

I received an email from someone claiming to be military personnel stationed near Phoenix AZ recent Army Capt. promotion with an outrageous salary staying on base and cannot use Skype or FaceTime, is not allowed off the base because of work assignment. Gave email address of James.Billy@army.mil. I’m almost certain he is a scammer. How can I report him?

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:05 am

TeneikaGraves

Please copy and paste here a profile of the scammers and emails they sent to you. Do not forget to BLOCK mafia and IGNORE. Be safe online.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

jte777
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby jte777 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:43 pm

I have a friends in Afghanistan who would like me to send him some socks, towels, boxers, cookies, etc. Nothing real valuable. I expected to send it via the APO, but he says at his post the Taliban is active and that the APO will not work there. He said that they used a "delivery agent". He is not using a military email but instead a gmail account. We have talked for hours and there have not been any requests for much other than the small items I mentioned. But after reading what others have said I am sad to think I may be taken in by a scammer. Are there areas in Afghanistan that are hard for the APO to service. I hate to believe that this guy is not what he says he is. Also, when he does contact me, it is within the right time zones and he seems to know his way around Florida. Any help would be appreciated. I did ask him to send me his military email and I guess if he won't that will tell me a lot. Thanks in advance.

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:54 pm

Crumbs make a bread ..... the best is, you post all details which you got from him. When you've talked to him for long time, then you've material but please, avoid to post tons of chat screenshots .....
So, please post Pics, Mails/chats, Mailheader, Emailaddress etc. coz of "narratives" we can't say anything. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:58 pm

jte777

Not sure why stranger would ask you for goods? Doesn't he have a family? I know in US people leave the goods at receiving points and all this stuff will be later send on military plane to war zones for a soldiers.

Please kindly post: profile, Gmail address , phone numbers, address where to goods were requested, pictures and all other info including letters. I believe you are dealin 100% with mafia since no soldiers ever sit online and chat from the countries where internet is not available. Be safe.

jte777
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby jte777 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:44 pm

I am sure I know the answer, but is the following in any way an official military address ****.*****@usarmy.services

I am betting NO. I told the guy that unless he sends me an email with .mil at the end that WORKS, he won't hear from me again. He seems to say that giving that to me will in some way imperil him or his unit. BS I think.

Lovey
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lovey » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Good evening to all, i receive a message from the guy on the dating site.I am very curious about his picture and his personal info.He give me his email address and try to communicate with him there.
His name is MITCHELL M.BRUSH,he is a sgt..and there he is.

Return to “Military scams”