It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:43 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Ashton B. Carter - usdod.gov@secretary.net

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Ukrainian
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ukrainian » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:09 pm

WARNING: SCAMMERS HAVE IN THEIR POSSESSION A RECORDED WEBCAM OF THIS MAN!! IF YOU "SEE HIM ON CAM', IT IS NOT THIS MAN "LIVE" YOU ARE SEEING, BUT A RECORDING. IF YOU ASK A SCAMMER TO WRITE YOUR NAME ON A PAPER AND SHOW IT IN CAMERA, HE WILL REFUSE, OR HIS CAM WILL "BREAK" RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT.

Pictures and videos stolen from married military man Ltn. Gen. David L. Goldfein:
RPO-->>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_L._Goldfein

Hello
I am from Ukraine.And I don't know any thing about any regulations in US Army.
For long while I comunicate with person from US Army. He told me that he is Staff Sergant and located now in Afghanistan with peacekeeping mission. We met in skype and now communicate in Facebook. Actually we are in some kind of relationships about 6 month or something like this. I have never been in relations in net, so I never even thought about such scammers who use realtionships for scam.
This guy sent me his pictures from army and civil and also pictures of his children. But we never see each other on cam, because he told me that they have restrictins in army and cant use cam or phone for safe.
Some time ago he asked me to apply for his leave from there to my country for mariage.
As far as I know from him his commander gave the preveious request to DOD. And gave me bellow email of DoD and some his army numbers so that I can apply for his leave.
And I received forms of leave request and payment requests from DoD. Payment ammount is 4525 USD. As I was told by Ashton B. Carter, the Secretary of Defense, that this is amount for the ticket.
Bellow is the email address of "DOD"from which I received the mails
Ashton B. Carter
Secretary of Defense
usdod.gov@secretary.net

After this email from DoD I figured out the Ashton B. Carter is really Secretary of Defense in USA, but usdod.gov@secretary.net is not governmental email and secretary.net is often use by scammers.
I checked ip adress of the army guy and of DoD and they are both in USA, not Ghana or Nigeria.
I told to my army freind that I have suspicions that he is scammers. And first time he made videocall for a short whyle in spyte of restrictions but didn't talk. At least he is the same as on pictures.

I know about frequent use of the name of US army people by scammers and I would be really appreciate for any help how I can figure out if this person is real US army and not scammer. Or if he is scammer, who use name of somebody from army and stoles army data, where can I sent the claim. And is there any governmental organization, which work with such scama.
I found this email Army.CID.Crime.Tips@mail.mil and sent them request, but they didn't rely it. I'm not sure if this is work email.

I don't want someone's name was used by scammer and don't want be a victim of scamer by myself.
And I would be really appreciate for some information about real restriction s in US Army ( do they really not alloud to make calls) and rules of leave or deployment.
I will be very appreciate for your any help.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: How to check if the guy is really from US army or just scammer

Postby Igulinka » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:22 pm

Would you please kindly post the profile of the soldier as well as regular email address, phone number, pictures and first message . Please do NOT assume scammer is in USA base on IP. Some hosts masks their clients IPs for their protection. Scammers use those email domains as favorite because whenever they are in the world IP will show USA headquarters.You better look where you sent the money. Was this a bank wire on WU, MG etc? Let us to help you from here. Thank you.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: How to check if the guy is really from US army or just scammer

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:16 pm

Hi and welcome, Ukrainian :)
Direct answer: There is a 99.9% likelihood that "army man" contacting YOU first = Nigerian scam profile.
And this becomes a 100% scam probability with everythign else considered :(
As you have found out, "secretary.net" is a free email provider from the mail.com family, they have similar email domains like lawyer.com, which anyone can register :( a very standard common trick :(
I´m sorry you have spent so much time with "him" :( it was all in vain :(
US military personal has standardized email domains. The scammer pretended to have one, assuming you would just hit "reply" and not look into the email header and it´s "reply-to" field - here is where the real recopient is, and it will be a yahoo/hotmail/anything email domain tha tthese fraudsters use every day.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Ukrainian
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Williams Thomas Boateng, williamsthomas3@yahoo.com

Postby Ukrainian » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:35 am

Thank you for your support. I am very confused about this situation and I hope someone can help me to find out the truth. There are many things show that he might be not scammer(he sent me his pictures in army and from civil life, he tels me facts about his army job and civil life like his parents, ex wife. He showed me pictures from his yought. He tels about his kids and not just standard facts, but some private things. He sent pictures of his kids with him.I checked both address his and of fake DoD and they registered in USA. And the last one, I saw him on web cam and yes he is the same guy from pictures I saw before, both army and civil. He also sent me pictures from web cam, when was online to prove me that he os not Ganian or Nigerian and he is not lie to me.)
But one thing is against him - he gave me fake email and I received payment request. He told me that this is proccedure of leave in US army, but I don't know suvh things about US army, as I don't know their regulations. I was requested to pay money on these bank accounts
Bank Name: E-Trade Bank
C / E-Trade Financial Corporation
P.o Box 484 Jersey City, New Jersey
07303 0484, 800 387 2331
ABA Transit Number: 256 072 691
Swift code: WFBIUS6S
Routing: 056 073 573
Account Number: 6404 3650
Account name: Emery Howard

Bank Name: Bank Of America
Bank Address: Bank Of America, N.A 222 Broadway New York, NY 10038
Account Name: Otowan Darlington
Account No: 4350 3820 6784
Routing No: 026009593
Swift Code: BOFAUS3N

Or via Money Gram to Emery Howard.

And when I told him that I cant make payment he was offended and starts tell me that our happiness is not important for me.

So I am really confused with this situation. I really can't believe that person can lie about the feelings for 6 month for money.
I really will be very appreciate you help me to sort out this situation and maybe can advise where I can aply with the claim.
Because if he is scammer he can use stolen personal army numbers of somebody.
bellow is the email of the army man and link on his Facebook page
williamsthomas3@yahoo.com
facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009197124695&fref=hovercard

Williams T Boateng

I really hope for your help
Last edited by minerva on Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Re: Ashton B. Carter - usdod.gov@secretary.net

Postby minerva » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:59 am

williamsthomas3@yahoo.com --> avatar

Email hit to FB as William Goldfien
facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011092659639&fref=ts

Works at United State Air Force
Went to U.S. Air Force Academy
It's complicated

Pic stolen from General David L Goldfein

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_L._Goldfein
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Ukrainian
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ukrainian » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:29 am

The guy from yahoo avatar looks the same guy I've beev communicated for 6 month.
I can send his picture in uniform, but some how private.
I don't really want it will be on site until I know exactly he is scammer.
I am really confused that under this email is other person on FB. I don't know person from your FB link.
I don't know what should I do in this case and how to check him. Is he a scammer or a victim?
If you need some other info I can give.
I really need your help guys.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:39 am

I am really confused that under this email is other person on FB. I don't know person from your FB link.
it already proof that he is scammer. Scammer always used the same email ID to created other fakey and they used stolen pic from Military blog.

You can send all the pic thats you have via PM than i will post it for you. It already proof that he is 100% scammer. and the bank account that he give you is from their ex victim whose has to be their mule.

Please post all info that you have and than stop communicated with him and block him. Dont send him any money.

No he is not. but his 2nd FB profile are stolen from the real General.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:43 am

Williams T Boateng pic hit to G+

plus.google.com/102141897569717757561/about
Tuari Kitchi

used same pic as above

Ukrainian
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ukrainian » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:48 am

OMG!!! but I have his pictures in military uniform.
Can I send you all other information in private?
How can I do this?

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:50 am

sure you can just used PM tool in bellow of your user name profile here.
How can I do this?
click your username "ukraina" than you will see PM tool there like this

to upload pic in PM just click ADD IMAGE TO POST than browsed the pic --> click upload

Ukrainian
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ukrainian » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:02 am

Can you advise me should I sent him all these information so he new that I know about his lie or just ignore him?

Ukrainian
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ukrainian » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:06 am

sure you can just used PM tool in bellow of your user name profile here.
How can I do this?
click your username "ukraina" than you will see PM tool there like this

to upload pic in PM just click ADD IMAGE TO POST than browsed the pic --> click upload
I sent you all his army pictures, I have also pictures with kids. do you need them too?

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:12 am

Just ignore him and stop communicated with him or you can report to IC3.

Ukrainian
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ukrainian » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:16 am

Just ignore him and stop communicated with him or you can report to IC3.
Can you advise me contact details of IC3 please?

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:20 am

additional info and pic

staff Sergeant Williams T. Boateng.
His army recruitment particulars are W06T09REG/ARTILARYand his mission code is USISAFT422HAFG

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Military scams”