It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:38 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Women only, please!

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

What first made you fall for your scammer?

The pictures
31%
The story (widower, etc.)
13%
His ways (charming, etc.)
54%
His availability (always online)
2%
He depended on you
1%

Total votes: 195

Arabian Nights
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Women only, please!

Postby Arabian Nights » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:11 am

hi there Joey and all the ladies
yes it is sadly true :( that when we are faced with the reality of our instincts being RIGHT and not our hearts, you go into a shocked state feeling frozen, bewildered, decieved, very sad and foolish :cry:
Stay with us and allow all of us to share, support and nuture each other back to full strength, increased wisdom and truths, as we tell our stories, as we all understand.
we also come to realise that we are all very caring people in ways that REALLY count and for that i am grateful to have found this site, the people on it and those who then find all of us, which shows to me that the world is not ALL that bad. (only a very very small few) :)
:love: :kissing: :love:
THANKYOU TO ALL OF US
Have you GOOGLED today!
POST UP: Site, Profile, Pic, Name, IP, Phone before it is deleted

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Tanja
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Tanja » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:11 pm

The 'voice' got me hooked in first off..and being told he was half Romanian and half British..I thought 'WoW' what a gorgeous accent!! then the emotional blackmail started to kick in..the 'grooming part'...wallop..this little fishy got herself 'netted' :( in more ways than I can ever imagine!...Today I am a much wiser fishy, lessons learn't and learning all the time...Thanks to RS this has been my Saviour!! :)
sounds like we have "meet" the same scammer... and yes his voice is warm an gentle.. was his name by any chance Chris howe??

Hydepark09
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Hydepark09 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:17 am

Hi, I registered myself today. Unfortunately I was victim of one of these evil guys also. The thing is that he has all my information, real name, address, phone, even my family's pics and I don't know what to do. I don't care about the money, it was not much thought, what I'm very, very concerned about is that who knows what they are going to do with the pictures! They could use them also for scamming other people and I'm terrified. I sat yesterday and could not find his picture anywhere but I confess I only checked approx. 270 pages. I have 2 phones he has used to call me, his photos and e-mail address. I'm so embarrased with my Family! It's unbelievalbe how stupidly I fell!!
I'm having a little bit of a problem downloading the pics from my e-mail but I will try another computer and will open a case with the pics he used. And there are pics of his "apparently" daughter, which I find so cruel to use kids for their evil acts.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your support.
Hurt

gd101
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby gd101 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:36 pm

Hydepark... welcome to the site and I am sorry for what has happened to you. I would suggest reading this thread here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 22&t=18555 and possibly even getting in touch with some of the ladies that have posted there. Though I haven't been scammed, I am touched by the sensitivity of so many on here. And though I don't really know anyone here, from what I have read I know they would be glad to give you advice and moral support. It's really heartbreaking to read of so many people who's lives have been turned upside down by these devious and malicious scammers. and on the flip side, it's very heart warming that there are so many that will give of themselves to help others out of a place where they have also been... So just don't feel alone and don't kick yourself for being a real and caring human being.

Eve1234
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Eve1234 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:01 pm

I recently thought i fell in love with the perfect man. He was always nice to me and never disrespected me. Most guys that I was talking to online always asked me perverted questions. Not this one. He was very attractive and accepted me the way I am. Then he started asking too many personal questions. Especially about my income. I am unemployed and I get unemployment checks. Well, my stupid but sent this man 400 dollars to get him to come home back in the states. I feel so dumb. The bad thing about this is I don't know if he is for real or not. He keeps telling me he isn't here for games and he really does love me. I just don't trust him. He just tried to get me to send my last bit of money in my account to him and he claimed as soon as he gets to where I am, he will pay me back. I don't believe crap he says. He claims that God brought us together. I believed that too, but after doing some research, I know this man has been scamming me. Now I am out of 400 dollars and I am not working. I have to start all over again. I should have stuck to my instincts the first time he asked me for some money.

Smokintabby
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Smokintabby » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:23 pm

I have to confess I was caught and yet with my job I should know better I have found it very hard to cope and the reange of emotions I have gone through in the past two weeks have ranged from deep depression to extreme anger :mad: :evil: to pity.
To start with I would never have taken him for a scammer he was new to My Space and so I sent him an welcome e-mail and of course he didnt like me because I was joking around, and I thought no more about him.
But then three days llater and he started pursuing me and telling me he loved me well it made my skin crawl and I would hide ignore him you know the usual, but he was persistent and I thought well there was no harm in talking was there, but I guess that when I was feeling down he got under my skin and yes I fell in love with him, or more precisely I fell in love with the guy in the photos he sent although I have now found he has used other photos I only had one set and fell deeply in lovethe rest is as thye say history.
Yes I would love to know who the guy in the photos is as I have fallen for him :love: and thats wrong he is as much a victim of this guy as I am, but its like the not knowing :cry: and being left in limbo if only I could get answers but I know I wont :(
Sarah/Smokintabby
Calleigh-Sarah-Investigates

butterflies_77
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Re: felix johnson i think?

Postby butterflies_77 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:35 am

wow this sounds just the man I met and have been with for over a year it was his voice that got me first but then when when i told him my husband died and then he told me about his wife did and then the car acccident and the driver died and his broken arm oh my god i did send him money for that hospital bill see i was scamed by him for a whole year up until a week ago when i found this site and found out i was not alone he said he lived in LA and i met him on perfect match.com as johnjohnson@yahoo.com and then told me his name was felix but he was there to get oil and make us rich lol my bad i lost 25,000.00 im looking for a way to get it back plus be able to pick my heart up off the floor after he crushed to peices i have learned the hard way, but his accent was hard to understand when he called for sure i have several pics of him and he has several names and emails but he can hack into your computer as well so please all beware i wish i knew how to get back at him thanks for listening i rellly loved him how sad can that be how can they do this to us can get away with it he destroyed me fincally and emotionally :heartbroken:
For me it was the voice of the scamer and the story he tell me (lost wife on cancer I lost my husband on cancer and his daughter and my daughter study the same biomedicine) but more it was the voice, I speak german, but I learn britisch englisch in the school and I have a voice in my minde how he should speak, but he has an accent, and this was not british, and then I remember nigerian connection and I search the hole night in the web and found your site and that helps me to play with this guy.

Thank you for the side
My scammer lost his wife to cancer 3 years ago. Lived in Baltimore, moved to NY went on a business trip to Nigeria on June 3 to obtain a license to import and export oil. Has no children, was married for 13 years wife unable to have kids. He was going to Nigeria for 2 weeks. On his way to the airport was involved in car accident, the driver died and he broke his arm, yet he was still able to IM. asked for money for medical bills ($300) don't have it. Then two weeks after needed another $300 to pay for hotel and penalty for flight. Finally last week he was on his way back to NY but the poor man had to stay in Denmark because his mother died. This man makes you feel sorry for him because he litterly cries on the phone to you asking for help. Ladies don't be fooled by this man, his voice is angelic, he is a sweetheart and will romance you like you won't believe. Becareful

Waterbear10
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Waterbear10 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm new to this, completely tripped on this website by accident. Lucky, fortuitous, marvellous accident, I should say. Out of the bunch of people who were interested in me I made a final choice of 2 people, both scam artists. Were there bells going off in my head? Sure there were. Did I think it was all too fast, too intense, too marvellous? Sure I did. Did I think I deserved to have that kind of "love" in my life as was described? Sure I did.

So here's my take on this whole thing. I do not feel ashamed or disgraced or in any way wounded beyond repair. Foolish, yes, hurt yes, but both will pass as time and healing occur. Do NOT beat yourselves up for this. It IS a scammer's job to make you fall in love with what they say they are, they will reflect back to you what you send out to them - and so you are actually falling in love with your own self -- not them. Take it back, take it back, take it back. They held up a mirror to your feelings and pretended those feelings were their own. They are YOURS, they are your heritage and your desire. These conmen are a vacuum: of heritage, of feeling, of name, of desire and of honesty. Heal the momentary foolishness and hurt that have occurred and move on to a real person. Verify everything 3 ways from Sunday. But know that you have always had that reality and depth of feeling inside of you. Nothing belongs to them, it all belongs to you.

I far prefer the cutting reality of today than the sham, delusion and ambiguity of mind of the past 3 weeks. I also know that it will all pass and that I still carry inside me everything I ever was. So do you.

trampchamp
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby trampchamp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:33 pm

To all the women who have been scammed yes the feeling of betrayal and disgust is overwhelming.sorta like being raped I just found out iv been dealing with a multiple scammer as we speak he is I'm me.isn't their anyway we can stop them,him?he's been scamming for over 2 yrs now. Puzzled bewildered and would love to give their own medicine. Help

Annanette
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Annanette » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:02 am

Of course his picture "wowed" me but it was his charming writings that taped into my heart and "swept" me off my feet for that period. He was not drop-dead gorgeous, just a really believable, attractive looking guy. I, too, added his picture as my wallpaper on my cell and also added his picture next to my bedside (hindsight is 20/20 my friends). My friends and co-workers even said I was "glowing" and looking great; and, of course, I said to them all "do you want to see why?" And, showed off his picture. I guess what bothers me, is that I really believed that picture was the man I was corresponding with on the internet and talking with on the phone...just like many of you. That is why I wrote in the Forum here, this site has been my saving grace ! Thanks to all for helping to pull me through this because I sure felt alone.

nikipicky
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby nikipicky » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:44 pm

I feel so violated, this person calling himself Daniel Rowland, pretending to be a "volunteer missionnary " in Benin, where he care for 14 kids age 2 to 14. these poor children have been relocated to an un finished home, and are forced to sell little trinkerts to survive, they are so hungry cause they have been without decent food for so long. In the mean time , he pours on the charm and I actually fell for him, I am so ambarrased , I actually send him money . I am not proud of this but I need to tell someone I am so angry.

OwezMe
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby OwezMe » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:49 am

hi everyone..if only i came here earlier .. :(

really grateful i've found this valuable site...even i've lost money and in a dreadful debt now but at least i'm relief that i won't fall down in this kind of trap again..i really feel ashamed of my foolishness but thanks for my family for their understanding as some people learn through experiences.. :cry:
~~Experiencing the mistakes is the great learning in life~~

piper88
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby piper88 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:24 pm

shit happens really, normally i am thinking the sweet words is ok, no, i am watched for pictures :( mea culpa :D :twisted: shame on me. But also i felt in love for sweet words and smoothi things so you turn the things around you don´t can be sure of that all.

Please been vigilant

huggles

geecee
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby geecee » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:12 am

Need to add my comments ladies.
Not only does our money basically get stolen by these scammers, but also the personal information as well.
The person I was contacted by seemed genuine and she seemed compatible. In the course of communicating, there is personal information that is shared and that is what I've found more difficult to accept. There's a dirty scammer out there and they know everything about me because obviously they're good actresses too.
Just thought i would put my 5c worth in.

atelier
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby atelier » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:46 am

Dear Ladies,

PLEASE never send them money! If ppl who you got to know online and whom you have never met, or even if you have met suddenly start to talk about bank account, money, anything to do w money, ask you to send them money for whatever reason.. RUN AND DROP HIM LIKE A BOMB! OR you can play him out and give him a taste of his medicine!

Return to “Voting polls”