It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

The Healing Process

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
Arabian Nights
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: The Healing Process

Postby Arabian Nights » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 am

:) Hello and Welcome :)
Am sorry for your loss and your experiences :(
as Pinky says...take your time
give yourself permission to have some time out to process it all, we here give you permission
The feelings you have are loss and Grief, a time of morning , due to a DEATH of what could have been. All the lost dreams, fantasies, hopes and plans ALL the WHAT IF's. Due to Fraud
There are stages that you will go thru' of sadness, confusion, beating yourself up, and the TEARS....let them run
as time goes on this will reduce although your first scammer is like your first love, your first anything...it has the biggest impact.
Do share with us your mailings and your experience and where you are now, there are many here to stand by you as you travel down this path, you are not alone we are all just here.

Just some simple things to follow everyday:
*Go to work
*Maintain your normal routine, wake up at a good time open blinds and let the sun shine in, what a good day
"today is a new day, and just for today I will live"
*Attend to you personal hygiene
*Eat and Drink at every meal
*Go for a walk
*Do ONE thing you like EACH DAY, eat chocolate, visit friends &/ family, pedicure, massage,garden,
reading, listening to music, paint, draw, retail therapy, lunch, movies, pick a flower, post up on RS :D
*Maintain a good sleep pattern and even a nanny nap
*Give yourself permission to slack off

You are caring people with a depth to you for others and giving.
Thankyou for sharing, letting us get to know you both, thankyou :applause: :love: :applause:
Have you GOOGLED today!
POST UP: Site, Profile, Pic, Name, IP, Phone before it is deleted

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Crescentmoon
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Crescentmoon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:44 am

Thank you for a wonderful post ANights! I am 5 months scammer free now. I think of it as an addiction and liken it to a 12 step program. It was an addiction to his sweet words even though I knew better. :twisted: Be it good or bad, it is what works for me. Thank you for your reminder to take care of me. I forget that sometimes. I still think about him, but not as much and certainly not in the same way evil S*^B that he is!

I will think about you tomorrow when the sun shines (if it does here)!

Thanks again.

mona75
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mona75 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:26 am

Good morning!

I just want to say how much I feel reliefed when I read all your posts. Now I just open this page to find some kind of piece and understanding. And I just hope that people find site on time...
Maybe it is now so strange to me that I already feel stronger after few days but I do believe that this site help me so much!!!
I wish nice weekend to you all and some new positive thougths about ourselves because our time is there ...just behind corner :kissing:

scallywag
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby scallywag » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:34 am

Arabrian Nights - so wonderfully written... :angel:

Yes..The healing process is slow, and although your wounds will be healed, scars still remain, BUT...everyday is a 'Positive' day from the moment you wake up...set yourself 'Affirmations or write down mini-goals' on paper..put them on your fridge, your mirror, anywhere you can see it to remind yourself, you are the kind, good person you are.

Meditations are brilliant for healing...guidance...love and clearing the mind...light some scented candles, soft music and relax...doesn't have to take an hour or more!

In given time, you will gradually re-gain your trust, confidence, love, life...Godbless you and you have already taken that vital step forward....by coming here.

Remember this also...'When one door closes..another surely opens'. Don't look over your shoulder, always look forward :)

Much Light and Blessings x

zetaarnold
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby zetaarnold » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:04 pm

:applause: :applause: THANKS ARABIAN NIGHTS!
It is really a beautiful message. Thanks for remember us what we can do to take care of ourselves. I could say that this site help me a lot in the healing process. :)
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark..." Shakespeare

didi
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby didi » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:28 pm

I need an advice. I have a Yahoo e-mail address with almost all the scammer e-mails on. I just don't have nerves enough to read all these mails and copy them, with full headers, into a word document. Should I only erase my account or should I wait until I feel for copy e-mails? It really hurts to read them. I feel stupid and angry when I try to.
didi

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:38 pm

If it hurts you then do nothing and ignore them for as long as you feel uncomfortable. Or just list their emails addies and send them to me via PM so I can write them in this case.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

didi
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby didi » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:11 pm

I might do that. I do have almost all IP-numbers/headers in one document/e-mail address. There is luckily a way to open headers without opening e-mails in both yahoo and hotmail by right-clicking and choose full header.
didi

SnowRose
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby SnowRose » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:10 pm

The healing process is a very hard and slow process. One must have the goal to be able to heal. Yes, it is true as what Pinky said, “1.Denial”. At the start one denies that it really hurts a lot. We try to block everything out of our system to protect ourselves for more heartache because of the lies we just discovered. Most of us including me say that everything is alright. :( But no, the truth is, “Not everything is alright!”. The price of being a scammer’s victim is too expensive. We are not just speaking here of the huge amount of money these evil creatures looted from us victims. This also includes the after match which these evils try in terms of psycho terrors to their victims after their lies are discovered. Yes, I really paid a very high price just like other victims. We just hope that these evil creatures will one day harvest the evil things they planted.
These PMs from fellow victims, RS moderators and staff is really a very big help for me in my healing process. Thank you everybody! :kissing:
Scammers watch your steps! You'll never taste heaven with me but the opposite!

justamom
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby justamom » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:58 pm

I try to forget about him. I have blocked him from my emails and IM but he still keeps texting me on my phone.
Last night he sends me texts: "I miss you so much" and then "where are you?"
How can I forget and start healing when he keeps contacting me?
I want to reply so badly and tell him I miss him too, but I don't. I just ignore them and then cry again.
I am having trouble separating the guy I talked to and the pics of him from the real person behind the pics. He didn't get my money but he got my heart.
I feel like an idiot falling in love with someone who doesn't even exist.
I miss my arthur and want him back. :cry:

Arabian Nights
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Arabian Nights » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi Justamom :)
you will continue to love him as the man your saw and the words he spoke and as time goes by this to will move. :)
I still have a place for "my Davis" for the emotions where real :(
Sadly the person behind him is not and had / has NO REAL FEELINGS towards us but for the $$$$$ :disagree:
So take your time to grieve this lose as you are the feeling person and the real deal who thinks of others and cares about them :) :applause: :)
as for the phone messages it is better to let them go and instead of reading them, delete them.
When you are ready post everything, it is amazing how much it helps to clean out your emotions :) you can also clean out your fridge it is amazing how much better you feel after that :D
one day at a time and forgive yourself
Am glad to know you :applause: :) :applause:
Have you GOOGLED today!
POST UP: Site, Profile, Pic, Name, IP, Phone before it is deleted

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:41 pm

I miss my arthur and want him back. :cry:
No!! You don't really want the slime ball bastard that was behind the pictures back!! You want the feelings of love and belief that someone really loved you. You can and will get those back. It just takes time. IMO, the best and fastest way to get those feelings back is to share yourself and help someone else - someone who deserves your help and trust.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

justamom
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby justamom » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:30 pm

When you are ready post everything, it is amazing how much it helps to clean out your emotions :) you can also clean out your fridge it is amazing how much better you feel after that :D
I have posted it. It helped a little but I still am having trouble with this whole thing. I cleaned out the fridge too! Didn't really help. I am going to clean the whole place! Maybe that will help. Cleaning helps when I am angry. And I am also angry! At him for stealing my heart and breaking it and at me for being so stupid to fall for him! But he seemed so real, sincere, honest.
When I think about it I realize how he created my ideal. One of the first things he wanted to know, was what I liked in a man and what I didn't like. Then he became that man. I was hooked. I really believe he loved me and wanted to marry me.

justamom
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby justamom » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Bastard is still texting me.
I wish he would stop because it hurts every time he does. I ignore them, but it is hurting me. :cry:

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:16 pm

Bastard is still texting me.
I wish he would stop because it hurts every time he does. I ignore them, but it is hurting me. :cry:
If it doesn't cost you any money, text back one word, 'SCAMMER' in all caps, every time he sends you a text. He'll quit. Don't be accessible to him by phone or email. Just text the word SCAMMER only. It will drive him nuts.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

Return to “Support and Advice.”