It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:53 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Kelvin Mark - kelvinmark62@yahoo.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
xgx
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby xgx » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:55 am

pictures are stolen from a man named Tom, please see his statement on page 4:
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 45#p364391" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in reference to http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=22914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

he is back again - new email and new picture

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi G, just feel like telling you more about me, im colonel kelvin from liverpool but works with the us army. a very good friend of mine got me started on the site as a way of finding my soul mate.. You ll need to know that I m serving the US Army and currently on deployment here in Iraq.. I am also a former US Marine infantry man, having served 8 active years with different infantry units, from Camp Pendleton, CA. (1stbattalion, 9th Marine Regiment, and 2nd battalion, 1st Marine Regiment)and Camp Lejeune, NC (3rd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment) I have been to a bunch of places in the world, some of them hot spots, and continue to do so today. I am privileged to have served with highly professional individuals in the Marines, and the tradition continues now in the army..I m fortunate to command a small, very specialized unit and get to interact with many guys on the tip of the spear: US service

members of all branches and ranks, Coalition forces, contractors and locals. I feel I ve got a perspective not often seen in the media. Seeing as Im heading back home soon, that also gives me a different perspective.I generally socialize outside of the military community since Im divorced and my peers are pretty much all married with children. I am an avid athlete, having played most sports at one time or another. These days I mostly play rugby and lift weights.And someday I ll move back home to and be able to surf, paddle and dive like I love to do.I am not in a hurry to find the love of my life,but i dont want to wait for months and months.Life is too short to spend it alone and the passion,beauty and the excitement of being with the one you love is so wonderful.what i want is to find someone that is right for me and understand me,what bothers me most in this life and what is inside it and how you
feel,i want to meet Someone that is romantic, serious and down to earth at the same time. a woman who likes to laugh and enjoy the outdoors, who truly wants to be a wife and believes in the sanctity of marriage, a woman who is honest, loyal, trustworthy and totally devoted to her man. Someone who likes to be flirted with and will allow me to kiss, hug and hold her hand in public. Someone who is willing to try new things.. I will love to know more about you also and hoping to read from you.........ttyl

Kelvin cares

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Images | View Slideshow | Download Selected | Download All

cute smile..jpg
(34KB)

For you my sweet angel I would die
I'd pick all the stars from the sky
And give them all just for you
To let you know how much I love you

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Colonel Kelvin

Postby red zora » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:58 am

hello and welcome, what it his emailaddress and maybe some more details.
The thread need to be splitted because of different pictures. We sort by pictures.
Last edited by Arabian Nights on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split done
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =72&t=5149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LEAVE YOUR SCAMMER WITHOUT WORDS,TELL HIM NOTHING!!!
How to use this board? Have a look here
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=18&t=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Kelvin Mark - kelvinmark62@yahoo.com

Postby The Wild Geese » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 pm

im colonel kelvin from liverpool but works with the us army
Is he not an Englishman? :-o
Is it correct that an Englishman serves in the US army?
America for Americans, England for Englishmen!Just wonder! :thinking:
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:24 pm

he is back again - new email and new picture
This piece of excrement is not back again. He's never left. He's a repeat customer around here. I'm sure there's many more of his profiles already posted. He'll scam 'til he dies . . . which will be soon if prayers are answered.

'He' by the way is a composite from a gang of hoodlums who scam, lie, cheat and steal for a living. We all know it will catch up to them sooner than later. They're screwed.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Hehehe...this one is my favorite. He's the nasty piece of work who scammed me. What bothers me the most is that he's actually not very smart ... somewhat nervous since we got through with him last time though. Doesn't like jokers very much.

In fact, the name he's using right now we gave him - along with his email account - when I sent him out to scam Pinky.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Ivan Spencer - cptivanspencer54@yahoo.com

Postby janex69 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:01 am

http://www.hoverspot.com/profile.php?UserId=3328559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ivan
Male, 44 Years Old
From Oak Park, MI

Hiya,
How are you ,My name is IVAN from MI and i am new here and i found your profile while searching. so i decided to say Hi and see if you willing to get to know more about me and be a friend ... i will like you to kindly email me or add me to your yahoo messenger list so that i can have a chat or email me to know more about each other ok.
My email : cptivanspencer54@yahoo.com
Hope to read back from you soon....
Ivan
No, Mugu! I don't want to be your friend!!!

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Mark rodney Buras markrodney11@yahoo.com

Postby duckhunter » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:36 am

From Hoverspot: Mark - Male, 45 Years Old, Sapulpa Oklahoma

i will like to know u better You got a wonderful and fascinating profile.I cant just ignore my eyes on what i just saw concerning you so i had to send you an email and show my interest.
Mark Smiles

172.190.227.54 Returns a generic US address, but with 5 blacklist hits.

Edited to add photo (oops)
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Mark rodney Buras markrodney11@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:50 am

will never forgive you taking my soul mate away :D

Mark
Occupation military
awaiting IP
I am very trustworthy person. and i need someone that will love me for whom i am i love outdoor and indoor stuff.i guess am tired of playng games i really wanna get settle down with one loving and caring husband with kids I love to have fun in life. I love to spend time with mother but she is no more. She is my best friend and a role model. I am looking for a Lady who has goals in life and knows how to treat a man! I think honesty, and communication are the things that make a good relationship, .
I am a very easy going person looking for that special someone that I'll look forward to spending time with. I don't want a here today, gone tomorrow kind of fellow. I am looking for a meaningful relationship based on trust and care. cos i don't wanna get

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Mark rodney Buras markrodney11@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Hello xxx
Thanks for your message .let me quickly tell you more about myself,im a man with one lovely daughter her name is Alexis, work as military doctor even am in Iraq now on call,but planing to come back home soon and start a lovely happy family home. My personality is outgoing and I have a good sense of humor. I am a kind and very tenderhearted person. I am loving, in fact I sometimes think that I love to deeply when I love someone. I am a very honest person. I am too trusting at times and I am loyal to my companion and friends. But, I do have a streak of impatience at times which is not a good trait, but I am doing much, much better at being patient. It takes a lot of prayer for me in that area. Oh, and I am a romantic at heart. I love romance. I am not into the partying scene anymore since I started going to church about 12 years ago. And, honestly, I really don't miss the drinking and partying life at all. I never was happy in it. And, I don't drink, smoke, drugs or curse. The only thing is, I really do love to dance. There is a place where you can go dance without the drinking, smoking, cursing and all that going on. I like that. It's terrible that a lot of men curse and drink far worse than i could imagine. I think a man should act like a man. I want to be respected for being a man. I like to act, dress and look like a guy I want you to know all about me but i will have to stop here and be waiting for your response and i will be looking forward to read from you as soon as possible take good care of yourself and remain blessed.Please send more of your pics to me.
Thanks
Rodney

Received: from [41.155.19.239]
Lagos, NG
sent the pic with the girl already posted

kimmy2973
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

will somebody tell me what to do?? rodney mark buras

Postby kimmy2973 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:44 am

Ok so I just joined that mate one site, this guy started messaging me...never done the online dating thing before so I was already feeling a little werid about it. anyway, googles the guys name and this romance scam site pops up...I mean all this just happened within the last couple hours. oh and btw its mark rodney duras. he sent me the same messages and pics that showed up on this site. In the meantime he is still trying to talk to me and I am just going along with it. I mean really? Dude says hes in love with me!!! Guess that is how they work, but I found it really strange that he is already talking about marriage less than an hour into our conversation. suggestions please?

kimmy2973
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: will somebody tell me what to do?? rodney mark buras

Postby kimmy2973 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:45 am

or it may be mark rodney buras

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:37 am

you shouldn't google names, you should google email addresses. 2 different unrelated people can share the same name, but they cannot share email address.

what to do? READ!!! Read this site, information, how to spot a scammer, etc... We have a big information section, Frequently asked Questions topics. You didn't even read your Welcome PM with info!!! You googled somebody's name, found something similar (not even EXACT match!! we don't have anybody listed with this exact name: rodney mark buras, I checked in google! we have "mark rodney buras", but it is not the same) and immediately jumped to post: "what to do?"

This site has almost 30,000 members. Imagine if everybody would just jump in and post their EVERY contact on a dating site? Why not slow down and do a bit of reading? :roll:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:52 am

he sent me the same messages and pics that showed up on this site.
If you let us know what thread the pics are in, then we can merge this with it. Names mean nothing. They even steal the names from previous victims or even famous people. This is why we can't go by names alone.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:13 pm

@kimmy2973
did you mean Mark rodney Buras from this thread
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=34830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

kimmy2973
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby kimmy2973 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:45 pm

yes I did mean mark rodney buras. And I apologize if you thought I was jumping to conclusions, I am COMPLETELY new to all this...seriously. I just recently started using a computer for something other than work. I dont know how to move around on this site very well, it is all new to me and very very confusing. I have never posted on a forum, blog or anything else.

Return to “Military scams”