It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Sigmund Witt

African scammers posing as military personnel.
janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby janex69 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:59 am

pictures are stolen from a man named Sigmund Witt, this is his real profile on myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/osbknight" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please note: there is a lot of fake profiles with pictures of Sigmund and his name on Facebook. ALL these profiles supposedly of Sigmund Witt opened in 2011ff. are FAKE, those are all scammers.

http:/ /www.datemefree .org/profile.php?ID=172134
beautifullife49
- 46 y/o male
- chalortte, USA
- MILITARY
Description: I am an easy going straight forward man,with a great sense of humor,i love kind and honest people and i love to take people for their words.......I am very understanding and caring,i do take my time to know how people around me are fairing .
Ideal match description: Am looking forward to meeting someone that is caring,lovely,honest,trustworthy,wi th a great sense of humor....A woman who is loving and kind hearten,somebody who is ready to love me for whom i am and will do everything to ensure i am happy every day and night.

Thanks for your response to my mail...I really appreciate it........You can add me on you Yahoo IM so that we can answer a lot of questions about each other on there......You can add me on lt_jasonmc at yahoo dot com............I will be looking forward to your add request....Take care

yahoo

Email IP
41.155.58.70 NIGERIA :twisted:

also Fb
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001936584063" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, Mugu! I don't want to be your friend!!!

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Sgt Nelson Burrows - sgtnelsonburrows@yahoo.com

Postby janex69 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:08 pm

http:/ /w ww.hoverspot.com/profile.php?UserId=3331880
nelson
Male, 45 Years Old
From Homestead, FL

spam
HELLO,how are you doing at this time..yes i know that you are lonely lonely..i may be the man that you are fishing for .. not a substitue..to justify you in your most wanted needs.. lol..ok.i am seeking for a strong minded and inteligent woman..a little drama..but on the down low..life may be perfect.but we humans are not..i am a fairminded man with a little humors at time.i have learn that you cant be too serious..that why some of us have high blood pressure..i am a round the way kind of man.. cant be a player cos i aint be getting on with the right people..and we have to have the samething in common..so we will not deceive eachother..i am serious but i am not going to tell anywoman that i am serious about her that soon..i have to take time to learn about her and grow on her ways about..it is not that easy to find or meet a good woman online..yes i know..and the woman that you meet most of the time..the game is weak..yes like a childs play...man is not that dumb..yeah ..ok i know that is is not easy in this kind of time,,but be for real..and maybe we will work with you and your needs..cause we man know that nothing is for free..we have been paying for as long as we can remember . well
baby,life is like a running stream seeking for it one body the ocean so it can become a whole body,seeking for a strongminded woman not one who thinks that she is air above the ground,i do not care how sucessful you are baby and what you have acomplish i am happy for you,the truth is most woman always talking about what there have got thats why there are so much lonely woman seeking to find,,one thing that most woman got to understand that we man was carring the great burden before all these high paying jobs,,so why now you tring to put a man down,about what you have,man never think in that kind of selfish ways,,that why i will like to meet a good and strong woman wo are not narrow minded,a woman that is not what she have but what she wants and looking for in a man,,and don't want to be getting old and lonely,,cause this life is all that we have everything ells will be standing still,,baby just read this poem i wrote..................Baby where on this planet you are,such beauty you got, am really astonished walking across your profile............
Can you give your heart to me
How nice the very idea
That you would say thus to me
And touch my very heart.
Could it be that two could meet
On another plane
Where there are dreams that could be dreamed
If ever we would meet.
Who says we should follow others’ dreams
If it is not our style
How nice it would be to think
That WE might have OUR style.

well am happy that you replied cos ilove your profile....hit me on sgtnelsonburrows@yahoo.com and need you to send yours....waiting on your reply...bye

Email
64.255.180.99 Opera Software Mountain View United States :twisted:

FB
http:/ /w ww.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002014429958#!/profile.php?id=100002014429958
Sgtnelson Burrows
Image Image Image

Migente
sgtnelsonfl Homestead, FL
Male, 35

bubbles0035
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Robert T

Postby bubbles0035 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:04 am

Hi

I thought it was the same man as he has the same picture on his profile which I found on scam digger. I didn't post because it was already on the forum.

I have attached it now for you to see

Regards
Bubbles
duplicate picture deleted. Thanks for the information. :) I have moved your post back where it belongs. RZ

janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Cpt. Carl Witt - carttle@yahoo.com

Postby janex69 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:58 am

Hoverspot
UserId=3342048
ceewee
Male, 46 Years Old
From Newhall, CA
I was introduce by a soldier...i want a real dating or relationship that would lead to a marriage
ALL ABOUT ME
I am 46 this year ,i am a 6"2 tall man with brown hair and eyes, i have an average body , i am divorced but with a daughter who is 25,she lives with my mom in Canada. Ask me anything you wanna know about me

spam
Wow you are beautiful , am Cpt. Carl Witt, a USA Army Captain,i was introduced to the site by a military friend. If you don't mind it will interest me to know you more,what you like to do for fun,where you like to go to?what your Favorite color is and what you really looking for on here,what qualities do you like in a man?If you don't mind,can know you more? i could tell you more about myself and send you pics of me but it has to be in the email cuz of my privacy and security reasons. Email me to carttle@yahoo.com cuz i don't come on here much..hope to read from you in the email, thanks , Cpt. Witt

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Jason Mcaughty - lt_jasonmc@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Thu May 05, 2011 7:16 pm

@bubbles0035
Robert T on Tagged
you're sure it's the same guy?
have you got an email address?
couldn't find any of the pics you posted on SD

myrna
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby myrna » Thu May 19, 2011 6:55 am

Robert T on tagged :
This scammer introduce himself to me,his name is Robert J. Tindall,ages 47,a sergeant,US Army,have been in Iraq for 3 years,widow,have 2 children name Patricia and Melody..The picture that man gave to me via e-mail is the same. This man e-mail is us.armytindall@yahoo.com. This scammer have so many facebook,his facebook all named Robert Tindall. The facebook that he used to introduce himself to me is the facebook with a flower (rose) in profile picture. This scammer says that he was divorced from his wife,Cassandra Tindall (Cassandra Farley) from Fortbenning,USA. :twisted:

BrightStar
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Jeremy ----> jeremy_898@yahoo.com

Postby BrightStar » Tue May 31, 2011 4:17 am

On Badoo: Jeremy ----> jeremy_898@yahoo.com
50 year old guy
Miami, FL, United States
Work: Military. I have a reasonable income

Image---> his Yahoo avatar

IP: 41.218.217.113 Accra, Ghana
ISP: Ghana Telecom
Organization: Ghana Telecom
Proxy: None detected
Type: Broadband
Assignment: Static IP
41.218.217.113 is listed in cbl.abuseat.org and 14 other blacklists

WAIT FOR HIM SINCE MAY 12 ---> REQUEST ON CHAT
Hello, I'm going fine and like to know more about you too.... let me your MSN or your Yahoo and I'll add you
Jeremy — 10:00 PM
jeremy_898@yahoo.com
VERY BUSY HE DOESN'T COME NEVER ON BADOO
HAVE WRITTEN TO HIM TWICE... :evil:
ANSWERED TONIGHT :applause:

Date: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 2:07 PM
Dear Jeremy,
I'm xxx from Badoo... I'm waiting for you on YM since 1 week and I really don't know if I must wait again... It seems to me that you're not interessed. Maybe you have found the right woman.... ;)

Hello so sorry okay i was so much busy all weeks :evil: now.. hope all is well with u ... hope we chat later okay take care byeee
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
I added you on my Yahoo since a long time, do you really want to chat again with me ? Or if I can delete you ?

Hello Pleas for give me :disagree: okay much working all days :party: now hope we chat and knows more about each othere well
Jeremy
• On my Space: Jeremy
• Male, 35, OKAWVILLE, Illinois
NO PIC

olyunia
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Capitan Carl Witt carttle@yahoo.com

Postby olyunia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:57 pm

I received the mail from capitan Carl Witt. Intuitively, I decided to check him via google.com. So, this was my first experience to learn of such phenomenon as "Scammers".I was stunned when read the same message:
Carl Witt

Wow you are beautiful , am Cpt. Carl Witt, a USA Army Captain,i was
introduced to the site by a military friend. If you don't mind it will
interest me to know you more,what you like to do for fun,where you like
to go to?what your Favorite color is and what you really looking for on
here,what qualities do you like in a man?If you don't mind,can know you
more? i could tell you more about myself and send you pics of me but it
has to be in the email cuz of my privacy and security reasons. Email me
to carttle@yahoo.com cuz i don't come on here at all..hope to read from
you in my box, thanks ,
Cpt. Witt
Many thanks for all, and now I will be very careful!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Capitan Carl Witt carttle@yahoo.com

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Well done!

What´s the email h e a d e r? Have you read the Faq? :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

txrn57
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

jerry buss jerry witt

Postby txrn57 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Message body

hello, i have been a little busy that is why,i hope you are doing good for me......i miss your chat,this is some thing little about me i was born at Baptist Hospital of Miami. I started A & A Children Academy at 6 and later on continued from Calvary Baptist Church Schools. I was very playful at school and it affected my academic works. I joined the Military academy at the age of 16. I was in the boarding school so my parents visit me once in a while. I didn't spend much time at home. My mom was a head teacher and dad was in the medical field.
I fought in the Gulf war in 1990 to 1991. The gulf war was fought to liberate Kuwait from autocratic rule of the late Saddam. I had a pretty bad experience.
I am an E-6 Staff Sergeant (SSG). I also act as a platoon sergeant in the absence of the Sergeant First Class. I am the leader of my squad. I am a noncommission officer and I work in the junior management of the military.
As you already know, I am currently stationed in Baghdad , the capital of Iraq.I have to let you know that I am on my second mission to Iraq and I have already spent 10 months here in Iraq. My first mission to Iraq was in 2003. My mission ended in 2007. When back to the States, I found out that my ex betrayed my love by going in for another man. She cost me a lost. She misused my properties so I paid her off. I was in love with her with all my heart but she let me down. I was with her for 14 years.
I was married only once. I am now looking for another woman to involve myself with. I will be home soon. Actually, we are not allowed to communicate with outsiders because of security reasons but I need a woman for myself. A woman that will be there for me and I will be there for her too. I will not be able to call you because we are not allowed to communicate with outsiders on phone. Everything is monitored.
My relationship with my ex was like this. I loved her with all my heart. In fact it is true. I wasn't thinking she can do such a thing. I helped her in her work, support her family, spending much time with her as much as I could. Going with her to the beaches, the movies and a lot of interesting places just trying to make her the happiest woman in life. I know she is regretting it by now. Her parents once called me and were apologizing for her but I already made my mind. I don't know why she drew away from me. Maybe, she can't control her sexual desire. I do not get angry. It happens once in a while but I know how to control myself. In the army, if you can't control your anger, you gonna end up fighting all the time.you are the only woman i am telling this cos i feel very close to you. i will end this letter here but remember that am serious about my words.hoping to hear from you soon with lots of love.....
Have a good day.
hugs
Jerry

I looked up the IP address and here is what it says:

Email Header Analysis
Sender IP Address: 41.218.237.98 WhoIs Lookup IP BlackList Lookup
Host Addres: 41-218-237-98-adsl-dyn.4u.com.gh

Additional IP Information About Email Sender
IP Address Country: Ghana
IP Address City Location: Accra
IP Address Region: Greater Accra
IP Address Latitude: 5.55,
IP Address Longtitude: -0.2167
Organization: Ghana Telecom
ISP: Ghana Telecom
Duplicate pics Deleted AN

Johanna
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: jerry buss jerry witt

Postby Johanna » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:51 pm

I am sure the moderators on here will say same thing, but he is not legit. It is a MUGU. They like to use the military and their pictures. They will have good info for you and there is a lot of useful information on this site to help you pick these guys out. Whatever you do do not send him any money.

firefly

Bookmark and Share

Postby firefly » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:02 am

- on MySpace.com - Steffes Tindall, username Steffes, uid 557099740, Member since 1 December 2010, single, no other details.

Duplicate pics Deleted AN is also posted into http://militarygear.com/asp/2010/12/20/ ... -scammers/ for Sigmund Witt 2- "Sigmund Witt – "Claims to be in Afghanistan. Is of Austrian parentage, lives in New York, has a 21 year old daughter. Claims his wife died in a car crash taking his dad to hospital." - other pictures for this name Image and Image.

About picture http://militarygear.com/asp/wp-content/ ... d-Witt.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - on http://jeremyrenners.blogspot.com/2009/ ... ssell.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - mention: "Staff Sgt Ryan England Wool – Goes by Ryan but has used Russell" - it is one condolence page in memory of Toronto police Sgt. Ryan Russell, killed in the line of duty.

PictureDuplicate pics Deleted AN - used for ROBERT TINDALL profile on MySpace.com, usrname rjtindall - old active profile for a active duty military, married, with tho girls, from VALIER, IL, actually in Diwaniyeh,Irak...

The Enchantress
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Enchantress » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:11 am

Hi and welcome to Romance Scam txrn.

Would you please post the mail address used by this scammer and any further details - to alert and save others being scammed.

Best advice is to cease all contact with these callous criminals.

If you have any questions or concerns please post.
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.

Click here > Advice - useful links

smartie
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

steve.parker@live.com

Postby smartie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi everyone - I am really pants at this checking lark! I just dont seem to get it right - would you guys be good enough to check this one out for me - I really am not sure at all but he could be a scammer - details posted below

Currently on connectingsingles dating site - account name is lukn4m

picture :

message he sent to me on connecting singles :

Hello dear

Hi dear,
Where do I start! I am new here so I will very much appreciate it if you take a chance to look at my profile to see if we have something in common and can get to know each other. I will also like to use this opportunity to tell you a bit about me. I am a very kind giving and friendly person, outgoing, young at heart and love to have a laugh. I am passionate about trying to better myself in all ways, I believe being honest and a positive attitude gets me much further in life. I am not into playing games and I don’t like time wasters and people who play with people’s emotions. I would love to meet that special someone but believe friendship is a very important part of any relationship, Chatting and getting to know someone else is harmless if done with honesty and decency, which is what I give and expect. I love traveling and have been around the world with the intention of more traveling. Another passion of mine is cooking, I love cooking and I don't mean to boast but I am a pretty good cook and I enjoy so much the look on people’s faces after the first bite lol, so I am pretty good at dinner parties and enjoy mixing with people and learning from them .I also enjoy going out to nice restaurants .I am a good listener with a warm personality and I believe in treating people how I like to be treated. To me life is about celebration. Good food and wine, great company, the outdoors, exploring and traveling and essentially learning and growing as a person. Keeping fit and remaining positive are also important to me. I work hard; love my job and my son. I am affectionate, passionate, open minded, sensitive and loyal. Always loyal to those I love. I won't lie or pretend to be someone I am not. I am looking for someone who can share themselves with me and enjoy the wonderful aspects that a relationship can provide. I value honesty, loyalty, integrity, being upfront, chemistry, and most importantly family. I am looking for someone genuine and like minded. I have a variety of interests that include art galleries, restoration, gardening, hiking and swimming (that is part of my regular exercise program). Science is definitely always an interest. I also enjoy theatre, DVD’s and going to the cinema (don't most people occasionally?).I guess the person I am looking for would like laughing and being taken care of. Looking after me is very important, and I would need someone who understands this and thinks the same. Bye for now and hope to hear from you. My email address is //Steve.parker//@//live//.com//.
My Fond Regards,
Steve.

e-mail he sent to me today :

Hello xxxxx

A little bit about me to you so as to know who I really am and what I am looking for. I'm in good health and hope you are too. I am an American soldier serving the U.S army now in Bagram Afghanistan presently. I am a service field engineer and take care of other critical things involving the army. In 2004 I was in Iraq. 2007 in Kuwait, 2008 in the United Kingdom and 2009 – 2010 Pakistan. Presently I am based in Afghanistan for my last assignment then I go on retirement and I won’t be here for long. I am going to leave Afghanistan soon and that is why I joined the dating website so I can meet someone special to spend the rest of my life with after the end of service. I am not supposed to be using the internet for other things apart from work but I am taking a big risk and chance. My friend tried it and worked for him so I am sure it is going to work out for me too.

I am shy but outgoing, timid but strong, a loner but loves to be around people who are always happy and understand life is way too short not love and to be happy. I am very educated, not necessarily from a collegiate accomplishment level as I am street wise and in tune with my surroundings, making me more often comfortable than anxious. I have spent a lot of time alone for being a widower for 8 years after I lost my only loving and caring wife, she had to battle cancer for years and I was sad there was nothing I could do to help her and it hurt me so much. I said to myself I had to let love go but now I feel I really need someone else in my life since it has been years now and I can’t continue to live like this.

I think confidence is the greatest asset a person can have, both in them and in the environment around them. I like a woman who has achieved self actualization, that is not dwelling on what happened way back but what could happen today or tomorrow. Those that dwell in the past are not around me very long, I spot them from miles and run fast. The past is what we learn from and it makes us a better and who we are today but to always dwell on the past is not good. I enjoy dancing, great conversation, intelligence, not necessarily from the academic side, but common sense and the ability to think through things. I like a woman that can carry a conversation and is not afraid to learn or to teach for that matter. I want a woman that can laugh at herself sometimes with a good sense of humor and can stop and smell the roses and appreciate the time she has on this earth, knowing it is not forever. I am imaginative, intelligent, and kind-hearted, love reading, swimming, traveling as it is what my job has put me into.

I enjoy conversation over coffee or tea, and I like dinning out. I also enjoy cooking but it is no fun to cook for one’s self and I need someone I can cook for and enjoy together with a glass of wine. Open and honest communication and loyalty are very important to me in a relationship. I value good sense of humor and the unconditional affection of pets. I had a great romance in the past so I know it is within me to express love and passion. Will you share the adventure of life as we help one another become happier, better people along the way?

I would like someone who's as warm on the inside as they are on the outside. A woman to laugh and cry with, share what's in my heart and in your heart. To be my friend, then become my best friend and possible become my life. Someone to watch sunsets with, walk along beach with hand in hand, and on the park. Who will be there through good, bad, happy, sad, laugh, and cry times. Distance shouldn't keep us apart because I don't consider it as a factor. My life is bright now. But with you maybe it'll be brighter. You can chat with me on msn and we can get to know more about us.

Have a lovely day,
Steve.
Image Attachments (118 KB)
parker.jpg
steve.jpg

E-Mail header

From Steve Parker Witt Fri Jul 22 14:45:43 2011
Return-Path: <steve.parker@live.com>
Received-SPF: pass (domain of live.com designates 65.55.90.146 as permitted sender)
X-Originating-IP: [65.55.90.146]
Authentication-Results: mta1293.mail.ac4.yahoo.com from=live.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=live.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO snt0-omc3-s7.snt0.hotmail.com) (65.55.90.146)
by mta1293.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Fri, 22 Jul 2011 06:45:58 -0700
X-Originating-IP: [74.115.209.31]
(Mail address deleted)
Subject: STEVE MAIL AND PHOTOS TO YOU
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:45:43 +0000

Really not sure - what doe you think boys and girls??

thanks for your help

cmd :)

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Re: steve.parker@live.com

Postby IceFM » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:59 pm

..you should remove next time your privat Email to avoid Spam........

Fast Serv Networks, LLC
OrgId: FSNL-2
Address: PO Box 71
City: Crownsville
StateProv: MD
PostalCode: 21032

First IP shows Yahoo-Ireland
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Return to “Military scams”