It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

new contact with Police

Is it possible?
camelion
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

new contact with Police

Postby camelion » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:27 am

Hi to all. I have been able to make contact with the Detective whose details will appear here with the emails we have had between us. I have been able to make contact with this person as a result of my contact with the victim who told her story in the magazine article in thats life. She has become a poster on this site now and it is through talking to her that I have continued to publicise this site and try gain as much exposure as I can . I will post our emails here and would also like to show you all a sticker that I had made for my car. Today I drove around my town for about three quarters of an hour to show it of and see what sort of reaction I got. Lets hope some people noticed it.

Subject: RE: romance scams
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 06:55:38 +1000
From: Edwards.EMAIL_ADDRESS_BROKEN_UPGraemeR@police.qld.gov.au
To: xxxxxxxxxxx@live.com.au

Thanks for your emailxxxxxxxxxxx

Please advise me of your contact details, and I would be interested on viewing your web site. The more information that we identify on the scammers allows us more opportunity to develop strategies to protect the community.

Regards

Graeme Edwards

Detective Senior Constable

Fraud and Corporate Crime Group

Queensland Police Service

200 Roma St

Brisbane 4001

Ph 33646612

Fax 33646549

Email edwards.EMAIL_ADDRESS_BROKEN_UPgraemer@police.qld.gov.au

Sent: Friday, 19 February 2010 2:21 PM
To: Edwards.GraemeR[SCOC]

Hello Graeme, it was good to receive your reply and to know that you are interested in knowing about this information. I know in your position it would be very frustrating and difficult to achieve a good outcome for the victims. I realize that to inform people is a good way of prevention. Knowledge is power so they say but to get the public to understand the extent and means of how these scammers work is very difficult. I have learnt the hard way and know how it can destroy a person.
It is not my site but a site that I would recommend to anyone and I think should be publised as much as possible. It is run by volunteers who have been scammed or aware of scammers. It also advises , supports and recommends ways of dealing with all sorts of things. Mostly we support the victims and restore some dignity and encourage them to continue with lots of support .
I would like to discuss it with you at any time .
My name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I would just like to mention also that I had a meeting with Kaxxxxthis morning about this subject and we have some plans in mind. You have met her , she informs me at a meeting she held here on cyber crime.

will wait to hear from you.

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 13:45:23 +1000
Toxxxxxx@live.com.au

Hi Axxxxxxx

Sorry for the delay in reply, but we have several matters before the court which is taking a lot of time.

Can you please supply details of the web site?

Thanks

Sent: Tuesday, 9 March 2010 3:48 PM
To: Edwards.GraemeR[SCOC]

Hello Graeme, I understand how busy your work must be and very frustrating at times. The web site is called Romancescam.com and I am sure that you will be amazed at the content and some of the stories there. You may be restricted to enter some areas but I would suggest to you that you register and create a user name for yourself so you will have access and you will be able to make a comment or post your details and ask for information from people or suggestions. But beware, you may be bombarded with all sorts of requests for information, given information and hear some heart wrenching stories. I think that you may like to email one of the administraters of the site who I refer most people to. His name is wayne. If you would like any information which will help you to inform people, he will be able to tell you. His email isxxxxxxxxxx . Thank you for your efforts and support to the many victims that get caught by these heartless criminals.
regards Axxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:54:04 +1000
To: xxxxxxx@live.com.au

Thanks for the advice xxxxxx

I will look at the site. I have heard of this site, but never looked at it before.

There are many very sad stories from people who have been taken advantage of and defrauded. The consequences for these people are shocking. The more information that we are able to gather, the better we understand these crimes and the effects on the victims.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards

Well it seems I am having trouble uploading a photo tonight so will try again tomorrow.

new contact with Police

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: new contact with Police

Postby Pinky » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:22 pm

Yay! Camelian I applaud your outstanding efforts to bring these crimes into public awareness. Only law enforcement and government regulation can make internet service providers, web hosts and dating communities better inform their customers and become proactive about ridding the net of the lowest of criminals, the romance scammers! Thank you for all your hard work and for the courage I know it's taken you to come out in support of us and the good work we're all trying to do.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

camelion
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby camelion » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:12 am

Thankyou for your kind words Pinky but it is the least I can do to repay the kindness shown to me when I most needed it. I will continue to do this at every chance I get. Now I will try upload the photoes again for all to see.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:08 am

I like it. I like it lots :D

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:09 am

I LUV that car sticker!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

hunter_hunted
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hunter_hunted » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:35 am

:party: :party: :party:

good car you have, well done, :D

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Ateh Malkuth ve-Geburah ve-Gedulah le-Olam Amen...

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:30 pm

great work camelion....I like your stickers Image Image
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =72&t=5149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LEAVE YOUR SCAMMER WITHOUT WORDS,TELL HIM NOTHING!!!
How to use this board? Have a look here
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=18&t=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:47 pm

I really like it a lot, too :) it´s really a very nice way of saying thanks, and to make the normal public aware simultaneously.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:54 pm

The unique decor has also added to the value of your car ;)

camelion
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby camelion » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:19 am

I hope that this site will help a few people ..It was given to me by the press secretary of my local member.
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/c ... rime/scams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
She informs me that this department of the police force in QLD have come to some sort of arrangement with Western Union to make it harder for scammers to collect money . Now this information I am not sure about but I intend to speak to graeme about it and then explain further. I also spoke to her about what if anything was happening with the information I gave to the local member. She has assured me that all relavent information will be in the local members news letter and information regarding the rs site and warnings to the public. I will update any information I receive or response as soon as I can.. If any one would like a sticker made for their car, feel free to ask and I can arrange it and send it but there will be a fee to pay for materials. :)

anglebreath
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby anglebreath » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:50 pm

SOUTH AFRICA POLICING SERVICE ALSO HAVE PEOPLE WORKING ON IT....

Return to “Prosecution of African Scammers”