It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

How much would you lose if you didn't find this site

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

How much would you lose to a scammer if you didn't find this site

less than $100
9%
$100 - $500
11%
$500 - $1000
7%
$1000 - $3000
18%
$3000 - $6000
9%
$6000 - $10000
4%
$10000 - $50000
4%
over $50000
3%
none
35%

Total votes: 247

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:22 am

How much would you lose to a scammer if you didn't find this site

In other words, how much did you save by finding us :smile:

(remember, this poll is anonymous!!! your name will not be visible in the results!!)
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Aussie Trouper
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

How much????

Postby Aussie Trouper » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:14 am

Sorry to say I lost more than $50,000 BEFORE I found this site. Now I have to pay it back! It'll be a LONG TIME before I can trust again.

Soulmate
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

WOW!

Postby Soulmate » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:59 pm

I lost just 326 Euro. But it´s to much for this stinkhorn... :thinking:
Soulmate^^

buttafly
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby buttafly » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:53 am

None probably.

But I may have lost something more important than money!

This site is great.

tusurvive2
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

One day too late

Postby tusurvive2 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:02 am

I had alredy booked a flight to London (about 150,- Euros, can't cancel it), so could still go, if I wanted to - but to whom? The next day I found this site and got suspicious. Posted him as a scammer - though I haven't found him on this site, neither anywhere else, yet but he is one!!!

flagal
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

lost over 10K

Postby flagal » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:49 pm

I was stupid enough to send him over 11K kept using that son of his, goes by Henry Cole he still contacts me and wants another 5K, told him to get lost, keeps going on Match.com as different user names, I don't report him anymore as he only changes pictures and user names

not_so_dumb
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

How Much???

Postby not_so_dumb » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:50 am

I could have lost more than I can imagine or could afford but I became suspicious of the whole deal so I told the scammer to forget it!! I was nearly taken down twice by different scammers but I kept my head and it saved me! Now, I report them to the site I'm on or add them here if the site doesn't give the option of reporting. Most "Make New Friends" sites now have a link to 'Report Scam/Spam' so please look for the link when reading mail on any type of 'Friends' sites!! If you're not sure about the email content and it looks too good to be true, it usually is!!
Be HONEST or be GONE!!
Life is too short for silly games!!

Mister X
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mister X » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:29 pm

lucky for me i did not lose anything

have seen her name / emailadress already on diferant sides.
just to help others i still keep this mail conversation for a while
with this scammer, just to get more info out off it.

sofar we are still not jet arived to the $$ asking mail :D
will add this russian scammer as soon as i have more intell

LosPoppelos
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby LosPoppelos » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:30 pm

You should keep in mind that if they look to good to ne true and don't want to talk about where they're from they're scammers

thisisdeep
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby thisisdeep » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:26 am

About two years ago I was scammed for 10k plus and my heart was crushed. I'm great now and promise God as well as myself never to be robbed of my blessings again. This site have given me great info and I found it by accident.

Want to Know the Truth
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Wouldn't have

Postby Want to Know the Truth » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:03 pm

I wouldn't have lost anything by the time I had found this site. I had already lost my "dream" and had already lost a small amount of money I could not afford because I felt I was "obligated" since I hadn't been able to help the first one.
Doesn't make any sense,, does it????
Oh whell!!!!
Love you guys for being here for all of us. Our stories might be similar, but we are each individuals.
"God is great, God is good! Lets hang together like we should!"

zerominus44
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Trust

Postby zerominus44 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:28 pm

One thing I would like to add to all that I have read in this poll... I am sure one other on this site would agree with me.. the money you spend on someone you think is true and honest, and fall in love with thru the internet. and what they write to you, you belive is the truth. and you go and visit with them meet their family and friends.. The money is not that much, to how much it hurts your heart and soul to find out the person you put faith in, is all a lie. Like myself.. in alot of ways you still want to belive they can be that good preson you want them to be. :thinking: :-(
eye in the sky, I can see who you really are!!!

Scammer watch 24/7..

thisisdeep
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby thisisdeep » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:41 pm

The money can always be replaced,it's the scars of one's heart that always remains. We can all sit here and say the money doesn't matter but some women have send their life savings, their pension, take out a second mortgage on their homes etc.I was asked recently to take out a mortgage so my scammer can get home, a pretty expensive flight hahahahaha. I asked him do I have LOSER on my forehead. We all just have to be careful out there because they are trying ever trick and angle in the book to rob us of our money. I guess they are reading about the high divorce and single rate all over the world. be safe thank you.

Columbo
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Columbo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:47 pm

I have not sent any money so far. I have had my heart broken a couple of times when the ladies start asking for money and that told me that all they care about is getting money.

Navek64
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: How much would you lose if you didn't find this site

Postby Navek64 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:59 pm

I haven't lost anything, but it's all thanks to this site. I feel for everyone who has been taken for a ride, and I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I could of been the newest statistic here. I'm corresponding at the mo with someone I think is going to try scam me, but I'm well aware now because of the information posted on here. Soon as I'm asked for money the 'girls' information will be published. :twisted:

Return to “Voting polls”