It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:26 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY NAME
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY EMAIL

What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:45 am

Kenjo LaChapelle topic

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:16 am
Hello This is Kenjo the actual guy in these pictures. I would like to add a new picture to look out for. Please feel free to contact me and inform me of more scams used with my pictures. The best thing to do is inform and educate people on there pages to stay away and that this person is a scam artist. I've have dealt with this since 2007/08, it doesn't go away, and in addition I have met several victims that have lost thousands of dollars to this scam artist. To contact me just google Kenjo LaChapelle. Thank you
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:59 am

Calvin Smith topic

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:21 am
I'm the real Daniel Mosqueda. My pictures were stolen off of an old Blogger account I had. The scammers are from Accra, Ghana and have preyed upon US and European women. I spoke to one today who sent the guy $1500.

To be clear, I'm married, happily at that, and so anyone using my name on a dating site is a scammer. Other names they use include Alex Mosqueda and Paul Mosqueda.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Alex Wolf topic

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:39 pm
Wow. I had no idea I was so "popular".

Thank you to everyone who is helping to stop these jackholes from using my identity to scam innocent people.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Laman Jeffery topic

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:26 pm
Dear Ladies,

My name is James, I AM the person you see in these pictures. I live in Oklahoma and it is unfortunate that this person has stolen my pictures. I will ask you to NEVER send money to anyone you have not met in real life (no matter how long you have talked to them) and please guard your heart. I understand the disappointment when you find the person you thought you were talking to is a complete fake. If you see my pictures on any other site please politely ask the A-hole using them to take them down by request of the actual person.

Thank you,
James Miller
a true Okie

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:47 am

scammers with pictures of Talia Shepard

Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:27 am
Hi guys.

My name is James, I own Talia Shepard's website and I am also the photographer that owns 99% of the copyrights for the Talia images posted here. I am posting here to thank you guys for linking false profiles. I'm going through sending DMCA noticed to Facebook etc to have them removed.

I created http://bellaprofiles.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that lists fakers stealing our content of Talia Shepard, Katie Banks or my wife, Bryci

I have sent many of these profiles to the police in various nations, some with success, others with no success. I'm sure you know how it goes. It sucks that this happens, but if any of you ever feel the need to reach me, I can be reached at james at bellanetwork dot com

I add fakers by name to Bella Profiles, so within a week of being added, if someone googles that name because a faker has given it to a guy - if the guy googles it, he finds our site etc.

I'll start linking to this site as well off Bella Profiles.

Best of luck and sorry some losers in Nigeria tried to scam you!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:52 am

scammers with pictures of Bryci

Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:48 am
thanks for posting the Bryci faker - I am Bryci's husband and photographer, I run her site with her etc. We get fakers often but it's good to know you guys are educated and you're sharing info on these losers.

I created Bellaprofiles.com and that helps some guys find false names when they google the girl's name etc.

I'll send guys over here as well to share their stories and help teach others.

Cheers!

- JD

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:56 am

Chris Kevin Fulbright topic

Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:49 am
Hello all,

My name is Chris Fulbright, and yes, those are my pictures that this scammer is using. If you find this 'man' on facebook, myspace, or any other social forum, please disregard them immediately. I am happily married, retired from the military (since 2010) and don't need any money to be able to go on leave. Thank you.

Chris Fulbright

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Arrigo Carlo topic

Mo 18. Nov 2013, 18:37
Well, I suppose it's time for me to make an appearance. I am the real person who's identity these creeps have assumed, and I would just like to apologize that you all have been involved in these online scams. I admit, when I opened my Facebook page years ago, I left it wide open for anyone to see because I was also using it as a business page, and this is how these scammers obtained my pictures initially. I had no idea people actually did this at the time. My profile has since been locked down, but I am approached at least once per week by new people being contacted by new fake profiles (Facebook and dating sites) using my pictures. My images are out there now and I don't know what can be done about it. I am happy that many people have found this site before they were victimized.

I shut down at least 4 or 5 Facebook pages every week that pop up with my pictures, but they continue to create new ones. So please, please, please report any and all scammer profiles to Facebook or whatever dating site you find them on. And if anyone ever tracks down one of these bast#$@s, please forward their info to me as I would love to pay them a visit. Always remember to NEVER send anyone money that you don't know, regardless of how nice or genuine they seem to be. These guys are pros, that's for sure.

Be careful out there
, and if anyone has any ideas about how to stop these creeps, I'm willing to do what I can.

Mark

Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:26 pm
Unfortunately, no. I am being contacted almost daily about this by women who find me, usually through my business Facebook page. And if they are contacting me at this frequency, there must be hundreds of others. Every time a fake profile is taken down, five more seem to go up. My images are also on nearly every popular dating site. It's very frustrating because many of these women are crushed when they find out this person isn't real. I do know several who have sent him money. I wish there was something more I could do, but it seems the authorities aren't really interested in this issue.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:24 pm
There are quite a few women who do their homework, and end up contacting me before they are victimized. It's sad that online scams are so easy and so rampant, and that we have to be skeptical of everyone.

I do refer people here who find my Facebook page and are convinced I am the man they've been talking with. Some don't believe me at first, but this site serves as proof that I am who I am say I am, and that the person they are talking to is a fraud. This site is really what eventually convinces them.

I think the authorities just take a "buyer beware" approach to this, and blame the victims for not doing their homework. I also think many don't realize people are doing this, as I was just made aware of it a short time ago myself.

I will say one thing, whoever is doing this is very good at what he does. He knows exactly the types of women to contact and how to make them fall in love with him.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:24 pm
I am the Real Slim Shady so to speak, or to all of you, the real owner of these images. I encourage all of you who have been approached by these scammers to file a report with the IC3, which is a branch of the US FBI dealing with internet crime.

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have filed my own complaint with no reply, but I think everyone should get their contact with these criminals on record. Perhaps the authorities will eventually take notice.

This romance scam is alive and well, and the rate at which I am being contacted by victims is increasing. At this point, it's about 1 new victim every few days.

Be safe out there.

Dr. Mark
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:56 pm

from Warren Watson topic

Hello,
I'm Warren Watson, the REAL person in the images that this Joshua Anthony person used to perpetrate this scam. To those who were caught up in this scam, I'm sorry you had to endure this. But a word of caution. ANYONE can claim to be anyone using the internet. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything that can be done to stop a person from using someone else's pictures. It's easy to just hit right click and save an image. I could use George Clooney's pictures and claim to be him if I wanted to.

So please let common sense prevail. NEVER send money or other items to someone you don't know. If you're using an online dating site and you plan to meet someone for the first time, ALWAYS meet in a public place. NEVER give out personal details that someone can use to steal your identity. NEVER give someone your home address until you feel you can trust them.

Again, I'm sorry for anyone who has been scammed by this Joshua Anthony (if that is even his real name) but don't believe everything you see on the internet and always use caution and your best judgement.

The REAL Warren Watson
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Dragonessa
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby *Dragonessa » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:30 pm

Photos of Rande S
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 3&p=151719

Rande S
hello fellow friends , what do i post here , almost once a month i find a lonly lady who is being scammed by using my photos it really is sickening .....i think alone there are 10 profiles on facebook with my pictures. There is a profile for me on wwwromamcescam.com with people always using my images .
One lady actually got 5 years probation for accepting packages from a guy using stolen credit cards, and he was using my images . There needs to be a technology , which when you upload a photo it can only be shared with your friends, or maybe even better , they need permission to share your photos
Not sure the answer
blessings to all here and happy thanks giving
Have Faith ... and take that First Step, it's okay to feel the pain. You're going to be fine ... Healing takes time...Everything will be okay soon.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:37 pm

Thank you for posting this, Dragonessa :) - To add, here is what he wrote on RS a while ago:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:14 am

hello all
This guy who calls him self patrick shawn, is using my photos, my name is rande s and i live in los Angeles
i can be available by webcam to prove myself if necessary, he has stolen two of my photos and is using them for illegal purposes,
Sincerely rande s just go to my site for im information

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:47 am

Mina Stefan

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:29 pm
im a little alarmed because i guess one of your followers or people who posted on this blog brought it to my attention. These are all my photos. My name is Mina Stefan, (feel free to Google me) and the ONLY online social networking sites i use are :

twitter : http://www.twitter.com/minastefan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
blog : http://www.minastefan.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
facebook : http://www.facebook.com/minastefan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
google account : therealminastefan & minastefan88

I under no circumstances have anything to do with this nor do i endorse this. I am a 22 canadian girl who currently lives in NYC and I can assure you I have no desire to go to Africa or let alone speak multiple languages

People are constantly stealing my photos for things, but I never thought in a million years that it would be for something like this. Please do whatever you have to so that you can bring this person down.

If you have any questions you can contact me at Edited out to avoid spam. Wayne.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:45 pm

James Maccauley topic

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:38 am
This man in the picture is that of my husband. I was shocked and disturbed to see our personal photos online. Please do not believe anything this scammer is trying to tell you. He stole my families photos. My husband and I are happily married and all these stories he is telling you are all lies. Sorry if any of you have fallen victim to this.

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Scammers with pictures of Jim P from MM

from realjimp am Di 24. Dez 2013, 23:11

Hi. I'm Jim P. I found this site because I know scammers sometimes use images they get from various sites and was curious what would come up when I google my first and last name with "scam."

I'm frustrated beyond belief. Though I have nothing do with it, it's embarrassing to me that my name/pictures are associated with this deception. I've found the facebook profiles for Alexios Saulos and Fredrick Schneider and have requested (a few times) that the profiles be taken down.

It would make all the sense in the world if you didn't take my word that I am who I claim to be. And just posting any picture of me wouldn't do any good because that's how this whole thing started. And I'm not comfortable giving out any personal information as scammers might be trolling this site. (But, yes. I do some modeling. That is me on the modeling site.)

BUT if someone wants to request a picture of me doing something specific-- say holding a post-it with a word of your choosing-- then I could take a webcam shot and that should do the trick.

Again, I'm so sorry to be associated with this deception. Please keep posting names of those who are using pics of me and I'll see what I can do from my end to help.

Jim

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Scammers with pictures of Rod H. - topic

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Okay, I just logged onto this because it's really frustrating seeing so many pictures of me and my son used to scam woman. This has been happening for years now. I am the real Rod H. I do live in Virginia Beach, VA. I will never ask anyone for money. Please do not be scammed. It's really sad to have woman contact me every few months from around the world and find out that they've given money to someone they believed to be me. The pictures of my son and I are a few years old. I would only hope that if you are involved, you can figure a way to turn the tables on the person doing this to you. I have NEVER skyped with someone confessing my story and scam because I have NEVER been a part of this. I have a legit business. I have heard many details that someone how they have taken from my life such as my building business and traveling but I've never been robbed and my son is doing very well. I'm glad they have his name wrong each time at least. So, once again, I'm sorry this has happened and if there was something I could do about it to stop it, I would but I have no control over this at all.

Return to “Support and Advice.”