It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

phillip cooper - phillcooper01@gmail.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
cantfoolme4573
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby cantfoolme4573 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Pictures stolen from the Instagram of a married military man, Casey Cooper
instagram.com/caseycooper_25/?ref=photollow.com

I've recently been talking to a guy on meetme.com. although he has not asked for money there is something fishy about this guy. Some red flags are there and some are not. Anyways have any of yall ran across these pics???? I'm trying to cover all my bases. I give this guy credit at least he used the pics of the same person lol.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: potential scammer on meetme going by the name phillip cooper

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi, if you have his reply-to email/phone number we can look into it, the odds are very very much towards "military scammer" here already :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

cantfoolme4573
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby cantfoolme4573 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:58 pm

He just provided me with an email. It's phillcooper01@gmail.com

cantfoolme4573
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby cantfoolme4573 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:01 pm

He has also sent a couple other pics as well

cantfoolme4573
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: phillip cooper - phillcooper01@gmail.com

Postby cantfoolme4573 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:40 pm

Are you sure the pics are stolen and it's not just some guy not wanting to get caught by his wife lol....thanks for the information

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:18 am

cantfoolme4573

All photos posted in the tread are stolen from this military man and abused by West African mafia which knows that they do not fit the image a man or woman is seeking in a relationship. That is the one reason scammers use the stolen photos to lure victims into a romance scam; the stolen photos are the most powerful visual tools scammers use to entice romance scam victims. The other reason is that scammers are criminals and hide their identity.
The photo victim does not even know the romance scam victim is deeply in love with their image.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

alaust
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby alaust » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:24 pm

ive seen in the internet searching with pic but i cant emember where it was
but if this pics was stolen they must be in open orfile so if you find this search then can try to find this pics in the interenet

ruby.tyra
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ruby.tyra » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Hello ladies
Ok this man is no longer going by Philip or Phil he is going by fred on tinder and on kik richard coper or on fb as fred bailey coper he even has a video he will share showing him feet propped up with a gallon jug of water saying "jug life so tired" then after he shows the 1/4 gallon of water he turns the camera to himself

Be careful he is sweet and say everything women want to hear but we all know how this story goes

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:51 pm

ruby

Please post his email address, phone number, SKYPE ID, etc. Thank you and be safe online.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Preciousprqt4u
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Preciousprqt4u » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:46 am

I have been "dating" this man names "Cassey Cooper" for the past month. We meet online at meetme2.com. After 4 days of us bbeing together, he asked me to be hus girlfriend. I have been doing research because I felt this was running to quickly. Like an idiiot, i fell for all his nice words. He is going off of a KIK account Cassey Cooper. We talk everyday. Is this real or fake? So far he has asked me for 200$. And like an idiit in love i have given it. Help me please.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Cassey Cooper, KIK:Cassey Cooper

Postby Igulinka » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:43 am

Preciousprqt4u

Unfortunately you chat with a bunch of Nigerian young criminals which try very hard to convince you they are this soldier. Fortunately you made the research and they won't be able to lure you into the scam. Please BLOCK them and IGNORE. Do not tell them you know what they are. Surf safe online.

Please post email address and phone number of the scammers if you can.

KimberlyYonker
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby KimberlyYonker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:25 am

This guy was super fishy from the get-go. I've been playing along for a week to see what info I can get. He's going by Captain Cooper Drake now. Met him on Bumble. Switched over to Kik. Bumble had his location near me. He said he was going to Fort Bragg in a couple days to get deployed. A couple days later, Bumble did show him at Fort Bragg. A few days after that, he was no longer on Bumble.

This story is good...
Born in Germany, but raised in US, specifically Denver. He doesn't remember when he came to US. They spoke German at home, and thus the poorly spoken English. Both parents died. Wife died during childbirth. Son is with a nanny while he is away; though he said daughter once. His step brother was in the Navy and died 6 months ago. Soon as he finds the right girl he plans to retire from the army, though he doesn't have his 20 yrs in, only 14. He repeated himself a lot. Over half of what he said were song lyrics. Never spoke on the phone. I had an army friend try to look him up, but couldn't find him in the system; no record of him on global, no APO address, no AKO. Claimed he was deployed in Djibouti, but because of ops mission (21st unit combat strike special), he couldn't receive mail there, so I could sent his birthday card (he'll be 43 on Sunday) to some address in Nigeria, but I wasn't to tell anybody that I was sending anything (That one killed me! What a fool!). When I called him out on it, he got super irrationally, illogically angry at me for not trusting him (because the guilt trip must work on some people). I think he said "trust me" more than any villain in any movie. He has a Facebook page created just about a month ago with no friends on it and he liked all of his own photos. https://www.facebook.com/cooper.drake.984

I'll be reporting it to CID, too.

Dubhcroi
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Dubhcroi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:48 pm

This person is still operating. They romance scammed my friend out of £500. CasseyCooper in Kik. Same guy, she verified from the pictures posted here.

I have contact ActionFraud/NCA/Interpol and other agencies & presented information & Screenshots. They were very careful not to give up the ruse, but it is upsetting that they have been able to operate for so long. They belong in jail.

I managed to convince my friend to take over their account & they (CasseyCooper) gave the following

+234 903 972 6633

A Nigerian cell number

+44 7376 580425

A UK cell number.
Last edited by Dubhcroi on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:50 pm

It´s gangs in overseas West Africa using pictures and names of people - not "this person" ;) If you have scam used details to add here, like money recipient name, please add - sad to see they continue to be successful at their crimes :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Dubhcroi
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Dubhcroi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:02 pm

I'm aware, Frumpy. I had to convince my friend. I have hunted scum like this. How do you think I got him to give the info?

She was devastated by it. I'm just angry I didn't find out & tell her sooner

Return to “Military scams”