It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Are you still looking?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

Are you still looking for your mate, or here performing a public service?

I'm still actively looking
85%
I still have active profile on relationship sites, but am in a relationship
4%
I've found my life partner, and do this as a service to others
11%

Total votes: 373

Moriarty
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Moriarty » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:53 pm

I am seeing someone local now, but I'm not sure he's the one for me, to be honest. Nice guy though - meals out, knows the language of flowers - an old fashioned romantic.

I've had a few long distance relationships, but I'll steer clear of them in future, even though I wasn't actually scammed. They aren't much fun and it all seems to be a case of 'this year, next year, sometime, never'.

I was a bit shocked at the attempted scam by someone who claimed to live 100 miles from me and was actually in Nigeria. It made me realise I could be fooled in other ways in long distance relationships.
Don't want no paper gangsta. (Lady Gaga)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

testingthewaters
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Are you still looking..

Postby testingthewaters » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:33 pm

Being scammed (or almost) made us smarter and stronger. At least we can identify (_I_) when we see them. I personally dumped dating and am trying old style biblical courting for a while. I chat, meet at activities, take part in events, volunteer at church, everything except one-on-one dating. If I person wants to know me, he needs to know the whole me, friends, family, church, etc... I have no problem with getting to "know some one first" but I don't want to invest myself emotionally, physically and spiritually with someone who is just window shopping until "it feels right." If you just wanna date and meet people, fine no problem, date. But if what your looking for is the big "M," stop looking for the right person and become the right person and enjoy your life! Don't put it on hold. Okay, I know I'm gonna catch it for saying all of this (verbal diareha). Bring it on....

testingthewaters
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Still looking

Postby testingthewaters » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:05 am

Are we suppose to post our real pictures on this site? :eek:

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:06 am

I wouldn't ;)

Hexe
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Are you still looking..

Postby Hexe » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:18 am

Being scammed (or almost) made us smarter and stronger. At least we can identify (_I_) when we see them. I personally dumped dating and am trying old style biblical courting for a while. I chat, meet at activities, take part in events, volunteer at church, everything except one-on-one dating. If I person wants to know me, he needs to know the whole me, friends, family, church, etc... I have no problem with getting to "know some one first" but I don't want to invest myself emotionally, physically and spiritually with someone who is just window shopping until "it feels right." If you just wanna date and meet people, fine no problem, date. But if what your looking for is the big "M," stop looking for the right person and become the right person and enjoy your life! Don't put it on hold. Okay, I know I'm gonna catch it for saying all of this (verbal diareha). Bring it on....
There is no doubt about all you have written all though I found the special one on internet.
And even being scammed and everything what happened afterwards did lead me to the point I am now. I believe there is a reason for all what happens in our lifes so I take it as it is (what kind of choice do I have :grin: ) and try to make the best out of it....

There are real people out there and all it needs is to go through that minefield of scammers to reach them...
Back to life but always willing to help!!!

Angel17
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Angel17 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:07 pm

No, definitively NOT. I am not searching. I had never searched, and will never search. I was scammed (report is here in RS) and at the end of the scammed found a lovely, caring man, who helped me a lot to get over this. He even showed some interest in me, and let me made some thoughts he could be the one. Than he became problems and put me aside without letting me help him. I’m hurt again but I don’t blame him for his behaviour. People act others than you do, and you must respect that. I will stand up again. Had enough problems in my life already, but I always came out of them. Certainly, I will try to keep myself out of any sentimental situation. I am really tired of trusting people and getting nothing in return. "Being alone is better than being in bad company". ;)

Of course there are still lots of honest people searching for love in internet, and those who are searching should keep doing it. For those who already were scammed and found RS and other webs, will be easier to recognize which profile is real or not. We had learned our lesson in the hard way! But it was worth!!! :grin:

Moriarty
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Moriarty » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:23 pm

It's a strange thing, but in 10 years of widowhood, I've never, ever met an eligible gentleman except on a dating site, or, in one case, through a newspaper advert. I live in the back of beyond, which doesn't help.

Even my 'local' gent lives a 50 minute car ride away. :roll:

I'm afraid that in the old days, people just didn't meet partners and so they stayed single - and I hate being single.

guyverx
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Are you still looking?

Postby guyverx » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:02 am

I am kind of looking but almost close to giving up.
I admit to most of it being my fault by not being assertive enough to approach women in public.
And not being the type who by his personality and looks just has women swooning.
If I find any new scammer sites not already posted or new information I will gladly share it.
But most of the folks on here seem to have covered all the places I know about and some of the photos I have seen.
I have been targeted by scammers but never took the bait. Would have been devastating because I am not exactly rolling in dough. I do feel for all the people who have been though. Its enough that emotions are preyed upon in relationships without people having to take others money and resources as well.
Thanks for the information all.

Moriarty
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Moriarty » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Hey, thanks for waking this thread up again, Guyverx. You made me reread my posts, which were written just before I fell in love with the man I mention. We're still going strong 6 months later and looking to the future.

Don't give up. There's someone out there for you.

simongilks
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby simongilks » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:44 pm

i'm still looking too. but then it's only been two months since i was scammed. i seem nowadays only to attract scammers. but i haven't given up on dating sites. i've met three women through dating sites who have become good friends. i've been chatting with two of them for over a year now. and did they warn me about scammers!

i view dating sites quite differently though. with a bit of luck i may become a half-decent scambaiter. i'm learning how to bait the scammers as i go along with help from people running and contributing to this site.

if you're registered with a dating site there's always the chance something extraordinary will happen to you. just as there is always a chance that you'll meet someone through other channels and the chemistry will be there. it may not be apparent at first, and you might have to work on the relationship, but something special could shine through at any moment.

FELICANA
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby FELICANA » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:31 am

testingthewaters wrote:
Being scammed (or almost) made us smarter and stronger. At least we can identify (_I_) when we see them. I personally dumped dating and am trying old style biblical courting for a while. I chat, meet at activities, take part in events, volunteer at church, everything except one-on-one dating. If I person wants to know me, he needs to know the whole me, friends, family, church, etc... I have no problem with getting to "know some one first" but I don't want to invest myself emotionally, physically and spiritually with someone who is just window shopping until "it feels right." If you just wanna date and meet people, fine no problem, date. But if what your looking for is the big "M," stop looking for the right person and become the right person and enjoy your life! Don't put it on hold. Okay, I know I'm gonna catch it for saying all of this (verbal diareha). Bring it on....]
i am doing the same thing. Thank God for a webcam. Been chatting w/ a men from Syria. Maintaining a friendship only & that wat he & I agreed. But hope to meet more friends here. No more online dating for me. I am just blessed that this man was with me when things happen with so called Kingsley. He gave me also a lot of support & courage.

Add me ;)

khandice
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby khandice » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:12 am

I am still looking but don't think this "internet dating" thing is for me now since I was burned. Actually, not really wanting to look...but hope to meet someone :)

Return to “Voting polls”