FINDING THE HEADERS IN EMAILS, AND WHAT TO DO WITH THEM
Headers will tell you the scammer´s location.
How to locate full email headers in different programs.
Go to your inbox, right click on the email you want, click on properties, then on details.
1. Open a message.
2. On the Message tab, in the Options group, click the Dialog Box Laucher .
3. In the Message Options dialog box, the headers appear in the Internet headers box.
Open your email, hold down the Ctrl key and (while still holding it down) press U. Up pops a window with the headers. If you use a Mac, instead of the Ctrl key it's the key with the Apple logo on it.
Google Mail (GMail)
Open the message you want to view the headers of.
Click the down arrow next to the "Reply" link.
Select "Show Original" to open a new window with the full headers
Yahoo Mail "New" Version
Open the message; scroll down the message, at the bottom you will see the menu:
Click on More => View Full Headers.
Yahoo Mail "Classic" Version
Click on the message.
Click "Full Headers" on the bottom right of the screen
Windows Live Hotmail
This does not work with Safari on Mac OS X
Right click on the message. (From the list of emails)
Select "View Source"
A new window with the full headers and HTML source of the email will open
On the same line as the subject, to the right of the screen you'll see "Show full header". Click it.
Open the message, click pulldown button "More", then "Show Raw Message".
Open the Inbox e-mail.
Press Alt and Enter together presto there's the info.
Look at the top of the e-mail, where it says: Sent from the Internet (Details)
Click on "Details" and the headers will pop up.
Open email and klick the envelop icon to the top right. / In German: E-Mail öffnen und auf Briefumschlag-Icon (rechts oben) klicken.
Open email and click "full/complete header"/ In German : In der E-Mail-Ansicht auf "erweiterter Header" klicken.
Open email, scroll down > "Show header of this email" / In German : E-Mail öffnen, nach unten scrollen > "Header dieser E-Mail anzeigen"
Inbox => open the email you wish to trace => "Show Full Headers" => click
What to do with the email headers
1) either post the whole technical thing here in forums and we will find the correct IP for you and tell you where the scammer is located.
2) or find it out yourself: paste the whole thing here: http://whatismyipaddress.com/trace-email" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and it will tell you the scammers location.
If the result is not Africa or Malaysia, we recommend you STILL post headers here in forums, as a scammer might be hiding his real IP, we can tell you if this is the case.
3) For Russians, also check X-Mailer: line, make sure there is no TheBat! or Voyager there (mass-mailing programs).