It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:27 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Karla Spice

African scammers posing as white women.
takenmorethanonce
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby takenmorethanonce » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:36 pm

Pictures stolen from Venezuelan model and actress "Karla Spice"
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karla_L%C3%B3pez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Name; Laura. Location; Lagos, Nigeria. Time: somewhere between Sept. and Nov. 07. Email ; cutetillold@yahoo.com Don't remember what dating site, mabey ecpersonals? Recall about eight to ten emails before she asked for money, don't have much left about this one. Think she asked for 500$ at first. Will post all three photos in the order she sent them to me.
Last edited by takenmorethanonce on Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

takenmorethanonce
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Laura

Postby takenmorethanonce » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:38 pm

Second picture she sent.

takenmorethanonce
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Laura

Postby takenmorethanonce » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:39 pm

Third Picture she sent.

flash373
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

wow - this is a painful education!

Postby flash373 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:35 am

So, new here, didn't find this site until my sister did a little searching online and sent me a link that I explored - link to link to link until finally I arrived at romancescam.com. Great site, btw.

So - Laura... well, to me she was Naomi Ford, on meonyou.com, a dating site. Long story short, I got mixed messages, but enough credibility that I fell - several times - left and then came back. She maintained that she was new, innocent, wanted marriage but was willing to be patient, after some persuading. This started November '08, continued until a couple weeks ago when I finally came to my senses. In the meantime, I sent money for travel, passport, etc., etc. She is "supposedly" in London, UK, although her profile on meonyou said Los Angeles. There were also several other profiles on meonyou with her pictures:
yummyflower143
vickylove77
shasha_86
sexy_maria2688
pamelicious6969
Her claim was that a friend had set up her account, showing her "the internet", and had used her pictures without her permission.

There were lots of other "discrepancies", which I questioned, and for which she had "explanations", many of which didn't really satisfy me, but I guess I just wanted to believe. At any rate, she spent a lot of time weaving the fabrication, really a lot - must have lots of time on her hands. I figured a reasonable assurance would be to see her on cam, or to see a pic that she could prove was recent (with a dated newspaper was one solution I tried) - but of course neither could happen, lol.

The telling blow was finding a pic of her here, using scamdigger. I'll post a couple more pics of her, if I can figure out how. I JUST looked at the email headers - and what a surprise! Lagos, Nigeria! The money I sent went to UK, so there must be an agent there.

As it turns out, there was a second woman I was talking to, from meonyou, supposedly from Atlanta, GA, USA, who also turned out to be in London, UK. After one fallout with "Naomi", I sent money to this other woman, for HER to come to US - similar tactics, although different name, pics, background - BUT, no phone either, no webcam, etc., AND, after sending HER $ to come to US, and her getting "robbed", Naomi KNEW about HER, "from the Western Union clerk" - WHOA - was that a red light or what? And STILL I persisted in TRYING to believe - BOTH of them, LOLOL - what a rube! Well, this other woman ALSO had a great spiel, but it turns out, looking at HER emails - ALSO from Lagos, Nigeria, even though $ was sent to London.

Well, all I have to say at this point is that this is pretty sophisticated, and the romance scam is designed to pull strings pretty hard, even when the original intent (from me, at least, and pretty explicitly stated) is friends to start, and "we'll see what happens". Oh well, as I stated in the subject, a painful education, but at least I'm learning, in part thanks to this site.

So, I'm uploading pics of Laura / Naomi that she sent me, or that I found under other userids on meonyou.com. Not sure if I did it correctly. I hope this helps someone else.

Thanks for reading.

flash373

flash373
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

oops, forgot to include the email for Naomi Ford

Postby flash373 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:37 am

naomiford777@yahoo.com

and she also used naomi777 on meonyou.com

flash373
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

sorry for the extra messages

Postby flash373 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:46 am

but I uploaded about 20 additional pics, but don't see them - not inline, maybe they're in the gallery? any suggestions/assistance appreciated. thx.

flash373
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

last point

Postby flash373 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:47 am

I uploaded the images by "Add image to post" link below this text box. Since I think they're useful, I would just like to know how to do this successfully. Thx.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:58 am

There's been some issues the past day or so with postimage, but some people have said it works again for them. It still doesn't here, so it must be only certain servers that have the upgrade/fix/whatever they did on it right now, and the rest will have them soon. Just keep an eye on it for now. I'm afraid that's all we can do.

flash373
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

sorry again for spam

Postby flash373 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:17 am

thanks, wayne - guess maybe I have to try again later? another question though - I just read the FAQ on uploading pics - it said to "uncheck the box that says "Disable BBCode in this post" to enable picture upload? I did not do that - is that something I need to do? thx.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:39 am

Yep, you need to do that. If you don't you'll get the link come up to the picture but not the picture itself. Allowing BBCode lets you see the picture.

flash373
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

okay, thanks

Postby flash373 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:45 am

you could delete the last few messages if you want, but i'd just point out that no links appeared, as you can see from my post, so I'm thinking that there is still something wrong, and that I still need to try again. thanks for your help.

sunsetinaden
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

lendyhoston@yahoo.com and hypsyjut05@yahoo.com from Ghana

Postby sunsetinaden » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 am

Got e-mais two times, one time she claims to be Juliet Ano-Kumi, second time Lendy Hoston.... ask for money in chat....

Hi dear,

Sorry I missed you online today. How are you doing..? Hope great. I saw your offline and would love us to chat 11 am my time tomorrow so we can discuss in details about our meeting when you arrive.

Based on you requested I will love us to meet here when you come preferable in a restaurant here in Accra to discuss our future together. Before our meeting I will love us as well to be having correspondence via email and chat so we can get to know each other well before our meeting. I Hope to meet you online tomorrow. Have a nice day.

Yours and only love

Juliet

Hello dear,

Good evening..?How are you doing..?I hope you are doing fine and i am also doing good here..I am new to that site.I would also like to tell you about my self...I am lendy ..31 years old,and am in the university also a sales personnel.. I am about 5 feet 6 inches..I am an honest and good christian who loves being surrounded by family, friends and holidays. I am ready for a serious relationship and I really look forward to starting that with the right person. I am an honest,loyal, passionate, generous,giving, affectionate, sexual, supportive, sensitive, and a good listener who is easy to get along with. I am outgoing and very spontaneous.I am someone who is comfortable in a pair of jeans, drinking a beer as in a black silk dress, sipping a glass of wine. I like the outdoors as I like to just stay at home. Hang around the house getting my hands dirty in the yard. Love to entertain..I am generally try to live a somewhere healthy lifestyle, exercising and some sort of jogging's, 3-4 days a week and eating healthy, trust me, I love sweets and pastries such as ice cream,biscuits,cheeps,fun ice,fun pop,yogurt and fun milk,but try not to over do it in my life and i do not smoke or drink ....I would also like to find an honest and good christian who we can participate in activities together and encourage each other to pursue our interests as well.I have several hobbies (and wish I could find more time to pursue those) such as cooking ,swimming, playing computer, dancing, and reading, and more,and would like someone to share that with, as well as sharing his interest with me too...I do also have some fun's to such as fishing,boating,cooking,going to the beach and i do want to participate all this fun's with the person in my life..
I'm seeking a serious long term relationship and more. Someone who is responsible, respectful, can take care of themselves, and who is employed.special to capture my heart and knows how to handle it with care, one
who will cherish me and be willing to share life's greatest joys and sorrows. Someone who's willing to spoil, pamper and love me unconditionally,whom is kind, sincere, honest, passionate, loyal, sense of humor, loving and wants a lifetime of passion.and also knows how to have fun but can be serious when needed., so only serious inquiries will be accepted.I hope to hear from you soon I'm looking for a soul-mate...a best friend for life! Someone I could talk to about anything....A good listener, smart and funny! I'd give the same to the ONE !! Who knows - may be you are my twin-soul...
Hoping to hear from you shortly telling me about your self and family and also some pictures of you....Have a wonderful day....
Take care of your self...
LENDY....

Powerman
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Mary Owusu

Postby Powerman » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:53 am

She turned up again on Badoo using this photo and so called living in Australia

flash373
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

more pictures from this person

Postby flash373 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:29 am

These pictures were either sent to me directly, or pulled from other userids. They span some years in age, it seems, but all the same person, whoever that is.

Pictures deleted for Google morality compliance.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:16 am

Welcome to the forum. The model in that picture is Karla Spice, found thanks to tineye. Is she still using the same email address? We like to group scammers by photo, so if she is then I need to split the thread to reflect the new picture. Thanks.

Return to “White Females”