It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:19 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Research scammers emails on Spokeo
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Check if IP was used in scams before
Romancescam on Facebook

Reid Mikell, reidmikell07@gmail.com

African scammers posing as white men.
Trauma
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Trauma » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:20 pm

I was sent a friend request on facebook by a Reid Mikell end of August 2014. He said he is a marine engineer on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico but lives in Florida USA. He told me he grew up in Germany. After about a week of messaging on facebook he ask if I am on Whatsapp and we started chatting on Whatsapp. After about 3 weeks that we chatted he told me he has fallen love with me and when his contract is finished in about a month's time he will come to visit me. The he suddenly picked up a problem with his drilling machine, told me he was going crazy because he would lose everything if he could not fix the machine in time and asked me to help. I said I had no money but I borrowed money to send to him. He said I could pay it in to a SA acc, Standard bank, with the name Leonie Spangenberg. At that stage I borrowed R10000 from someone to do it but I looked up this Leonie on Facebook and got hold of her by messaging. She lives in the same town as me and she said she knew Reid, I can trust him and he is on a ship. I paid the money :( after that things went well again and Reid? said he wanted to send his pay cheque to me that he has reveiced but could not cash before he got his contract certificate from BP. He fell ill due to stress and even sent me a photo in hospital. Then he said he needed another R23 000 to get this parcel cleared at customs and he has my work telno, my cell no, my work residential address. We had fights, I checked everything I possibly could but I begged people for money that I am soo humiliated about..in the end I got that money also borrowed. This time I had to pay the money in at a SPAR or SHOPRITE and inform his agent when it is paid and let him know, I also got a new bank account A. M. Erasmus, I think it might be a frind on leonie's list because there was a Erasmus surname but not initials, just a name Nannie? to pay some of the money in to. After that money was paid in, I got an email from the courier service Aries with a tracking number and pin number to trace the parcel. In about a week I got a email from the Courier service requesting more money for the parcel. Of course I did not have that and informed the scammer, he told me that his phone broke and he contacted me via email and facebook. On several occasions his profile was not available on facebook!! I think I always knew he was a scammer but after getting less contact from his side I started investigating and got a company on internet with the name Mikell Reid MD with the same address he gave me as his home address... started telling him he is a scammer..he told me he cannot get his phone on whatsapp again and I must download viber, which I did. He told me he had a lot of problems due to not getting the pay cheque and after a long story, he finally told me it is a scam, he is a black nigerian , age 28 ,lives in Pretoria but he fell in love with me and wants to stay in touch with me. I will provide you with all the information I got about him and try to get the email address of the other people involved.After all this I spoke to Leonie again on facebook and told her that she must be involved with the scammer, she blocked me on facebook but I have her email-address -spangenberg.leonie@yahoo.com. She also mentioned that the person interacting as agent for the people working abroad is Albert Garrison, which I found on her friend's list but with no info, very secure settings on the facebook.Please warn people about this scammer, I suffered a severe financial loss, and it was a very emotional Trauma for me as well.Where can I send all the images that I have?Please let me know if u need more information?

Sponsor

Spokeo is a unique background check service that reserches people by EMAIL. They search through the social networks and dating sites databases, to see if a person with such email is registered somewhere.

RESEARCH YOUR SCAMMER, FIND OUT WHO IS BEHIND THE EMAIL
Sponsor

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Reid Mikell, spangenberg.leonie@yahoo.com

Postby Igulinka » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:51 pm

Trauma

Welcome to RS. I am very sorry to hear that you lost money to those horrible criminals. You were right , they are Nigerian mafia operating in South Africa . They come to SA as students then overstay their visas, connect in gangs and scam innocent people around the word as well as recruiting mules to do money laundering for them.
This Leonie Spangerberg ( South African last name :thinking: ) sounds like the accomplice in the scam. Please post her bank info and her address .

Please do NOT believe in any "fell in love" stories. Scammers do not fall in love . Victims are nothing for them as cash machines and they will never ever be in exclusive relationship . They know nothing about love and scam is business for them, no place for feelings. As long as you will believe they will cash on you. Hope you didn't clear check for them. It's money laundering and mules are getting convicted of offence. Please know scammers are not support their own families and for sex they pay prostitutes....

I was also defrauded by Nigerian mafia and know exactly how you feel.

Please post all info you have . We need ALL email addresses, phone numbers, whatsapps, vibers, Skype, links to the Facebook, money requests ,where and to whom money was sent ?

Please REMOVE all apps from your phone scammers asked you to download. This is how they may control your devices and upload viruses since you confronted them....

Please file IC3 Complainant with FBI ( our General Info) and also file online report with South African Police - Commercial Crime Unit.

Finally you need to BLOCK and IGNORE, never confront them. They know who they are and after confrontation they become nasty and electronically danger .

Email address: spangenberg.leonie@yahoo.comleads to:
SKYPE ID: leonie.spangenberg1
Name: Leonie Spangerberg
IP= 105.225.75.63 Gauteng Pretoria South Africa

SKYPE ID: live:spangenberg.leonie
no further info
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Trauma
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Reid Mikell/Mikell Reid, reidmikell07@gmail.com

Postby Trauma » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:35 pm

Hi, Thank you for your email.I never received the parcel which I do not believe was sent to me as I did not have further money to pay for the "clearing" of the parcel to me.

Even the courier service link that I went to was a scam as I cannot trace the parcel anymore.

At the moment I will send you the scammer's info - scammer / reid Mikell or mikell reid md / +17275370714/+1 (323) 489-4984. +13234483941 .Address 307 Kachuba Court Altamonte Springs Florida Florida Fl32701/reidmikell07@gmail.com - reid mikell.

I also sent a photo of his daughter, Tracy-14 years old :cry: :(

I will get everything together and send you more info.

Thank you very much, I appreciate.

Trauma
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Reid Mikell/Mikell Reid, spangenberg.leonie@yahoo.com

Postby Trauma » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi, sorry, please change email address on Reid Mikell on the subject. I sent you all his information, including his email address I have on my first reply...I will send you the further information I have on Leonie Spangenberg tommorrow...I apologise for the inconvenience of putting the two together in the first email.

Thank you.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Trauma

Thank you so much . Please don't forget to post the link from address bar into his Facebook.
Also you can add info about his company and shipping company.
Please don't forget to BLOCK them without telling one more word.
We want you to be save online :)
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Trauma
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Reid Mikell, reidmikell07@gmail.com

Postby Trauma » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:22 am

He is not on facebook, wel I cant find him, not this Reid Mikell.How do I place then the link on his facebook as you suggested?

Here is the link he sent me to trace the progress on the "parcel "- post.aries.cour-sevice.com/ tracking number: US57986712SA
pin: 8376

I also attach two proof of payments for you that I had to send to him via email.The other money I paid in to Shoptrite checkers and then I had to text someone on this SA Telno to give the information of the payment. - 0817940967.

I will get more informaton of the Leonie Spangenberg if I can...

Trauma
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Assisting scammers - Leonie Spangenberg

Postby Trauma » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:48 am

Leonie Spangenberg, spangenberg.leonie@yahoo.com

I was sent a friend request on facebook by a Reid Mikell end of August 2014. He said he is a marine engineer on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico but lives in Florida USA. He told me he grew up in Germany. After about a week of messaging on facebook he ask if I am on Whatsapp and we started chatting on Whatsapp. After about 3 weeks that we chatted he told me he has fallen love with me and when his contract is finished in about a month's time he will come to visit me. The he suddenly picked up a problem with his drilling machine, told me he was going crazy because he would lose everything if he could not fix the machine in time and asked me to help. I said I had no money but I borrowed money to send to him. He said I could pay it in to a SA acc, Standard bank, with the name Leonie Spangenberg. At that stage I borrowed R10000 from someone to do it but I looked up this Leonie on Facebook and got hold of her by messaging. She lives in the same town as me and she said she knew Reid, I can trust him and he is on a ship. I paid the money :( I could pay monmey in to a SA acc, Standard bank, with the name Leonie Spangenberg. At that stage I borrowed R10000 from someone to do it but I looked up this Leonie on Facebook and got hold of her by messaging on facebook. her profile she lives in Krugersdorp and she said she knew Reid, I can trust him and he is on a ship. I paid the money :( .

Trauma
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Trauma » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:04 am

Here is further information for Leonie, I also attach proof of payment:I have her email-address -spangenberg.leonie@yahoo.com. She also mentioned that the person interacting as agent for the people working abroad is Albert Garrison, which I found on her friend's list but with no info, very secure settings on the facebook.it seems she still has a facebook profile but without a picture? :evil:

Trauma
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Trauma » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:12 am

I already got this information from your website from the moderator that helps me with the scammer - Reid Mikell. -Email address: spangenberg.leonie@yahoo.com leads to:
SKYPE ID: leonie.spangenberg1
IP= 105.225.75.63 Gauteng Pretoria South Africa

SKYPE ID: live:spangenberg.leonie

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Assisting scammers - Leonie Spangenberg

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Yes, this is a mule :( doing money-laundering for the anonymous scamming gang, offering her bank account, for a share :(

cour-sevice.com registry whois
Domain Name: COUR-SEVICE.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
Updated Date: 09-jan-2015
Creation Date: 08-jan-2014
Expiration Date: 08-jan-2016
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: ROBERT CAHILL
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 14 WASHIGTON
Registrant City: CHICAGO
Registrant State/Province: IL
Registrant Postal Code: 77077
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.6578943662
Registrant Email: susankat@PKUIT.COM
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: ROBERT CAHILL
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: 14 WASHIGTON
Admin City: CHICAGO
Admin State/Province: IL
Admin Postal Code: 77077
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.6578943662
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Use Spokeo

Trauma
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Trauma » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:24 pm

hi, when we send the photos and emails and telephone numbers and links, do you alert other websites as well? Or state it somewhere else on internet that this is scammers or people assisting scammers?

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Trauma

If you report all information here Google will display everything in few minutes. There is no need to write to other websites as it will be shown as reported already.

Please file report with your local police department. South African police is looking into the cases . I am not sure what they will promise but you have impressing info about mule and they may go after her.

MULE HAS A FB PROFILE : facebook.com/leonie.spangenberg
Name: Leonie Spangenberg
Lives in: Krugersdorp, Gauteng South Africa

Please open SCAMMER'S Facebook profile and on the top copy and paste here the link from address bar .
The link with start with the: https://www.facebook.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ( HIS NAME HERE ) + maybe some numbers

Trauma
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Trauma » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Thank you soo much, I appreciate. :)

Trauma
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Trauma » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:06 am

cannot find the scammer or the mule's profile on facebook anymore, either they are blocked or they blocked me? How do I inform Facebook about this?.....

More information....

This is the link that I found on internet advertising as importer and saw that the scammer used for his home address and initials and surname..... q=reid+m+mikell+altamonte+florida&hl=en&as_q=&nfpr=1&spell=1&sa=X&ei=wemZVIexMsPvUNDKgOgM&ved=0CAoQBSgA.

Also second person that I banked money in to their account is A E Erasmus,First National Bank. Branch code 250441. I also cannot find this person on facebook?

How do we get this person's details to warn other people?

I also see there is many Albert Garrison's on Facebook but most without real photographs....This is the person that Leonie mentioned worked in USA before and now live in Cape Town and is the agent that helps the people on oil rigs and in the USA? How can I find him?

I am sorry, I just want to give the most information as possible to get these people out of the system and warn other people...

Thank you

Trauma
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Trauma » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:54 am

Hi, I was called by this scammer one evening from a different number, I think someone else in the scammer's gang -
+1(757)4147863. Just some extra information...

Return to “White Males”