It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:52 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

An update and what I have learned.

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
limichelle31
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby limichelle31 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:41 pm

So after I was scammed back in September you can find my post on a James Horvath scam. (http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91049)

I went on a online dating site not trusting. A guy messaged me and we started skyping and talking on the phone. This was October 13, 2015. We have not missed a day of talking and skyping and I can safely and happily say he is who he says he is. I even skyped with his mom.

We are meeting him and his parents are coming from another state to see me in April, next month!

I wanted to point out how important Skype is when you converse with someone online.

If they say they can't skype which by the way is a free download and free service. Then that's a major red flag!

I'm excited it took time to heal and I didn't meet this guy off Match or Eharmony. I met him off a site that for the life of me can't remember the name. It was a fluke really! He came on to take off his profile and found mine, that's how we met.

I want you all to know there can be a happy ending, don't give up and always be aware!

Sponsor

Sponsor

jamesisaturd
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: An update and what I have learned.

Postby jamesisaturd » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi,
I am not sure If you will ever get this. I am so sorry someone used my pictures to scam you. I recently found the fake account when a friend asked me why I had multiple accounts. After some searching I found over 20 accounts using my pictures on facebook. I am sure there is more but I reported the ones I found and had them deleted. I wish you the best and again I am sorry. BTW, My real name is John.

Wingman182
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: An update and what I have learned.

Postby Wingman182 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:39 pm

Hello jamesisaturd and welcome to R.S.
On behalf of limichelle31 I would like to thank you for your post. And I am sure that someone here from the staff will see that she gets your message if they feel it is the right thing to do. After all it has been a year since this post. And sometimes closed wounds are best left closed.
I also wanted you to know that all of us here at R.S. understand that we are not the only victims in this crime. You, and all those like you that have had their photos stolen off the internet are in deed victims of identity theft of a sort. The profiles these criminals create are completely fictional, but the photos still came from a real person who lives a real life somewhere.
I am sorry that you have found out that you are among these unfortunate victims. And I hope that your message here has helped you in some way in just the act of writing it. Even though this is not your fault and no one here would ever place the blame in your direction. You have at least expressed your sorrow about this whole affair. And that is more then anyone could ask.

Thank you for posting.

Ps. We discourage the use of real names here. So don't be a fended if someone from the staff edit's yours out.
Wingman182 Pay It Forward

Return to “Support and Advice.”